Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eric Fisher, T, Central Michigan

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    I don't know if that the case with Joeckel who isn't as good run blocker as some of these other Lt's seem to be.
    I realize the Joker is a top notch Pass protector, but he's alot better at run blocking than Ferguson ever was. Look i am not saying Ferguson doesn't have talent. What i am saying thou is his talent is wasted on the Jets as the team is currently put together.

The type of LT i want has to be solid at both Run blocking and Pass protecting . Brick is a solid pro bowler, but for the type of money these players want, he should be the type of LT that Revis is at CB.

This fan base doesn't get nearly as tied off when the prospect of trading a future HOFer like Revis, but you would think i shot the Pope when i mention trading Ferguson.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    So you're solution is to build our team to run the ball more when the entire league is trending toward making the run game complimentary in their offense thus making a dying element in the NFL offense the focal point

...lol
    I know this might come as somewhat of a surprise to you, but pass blocking becomes alot easier when u can run the ball. Jason Fabini was a solid LT for the Jets at 1 point and that was because he could run block with the best of em. You need to be able to run the ball in the NFL especially in the north East. The vast Majority of the NFL knows that the Jets are a right handed running team because our LT can run block at the POA.

Before the injury, Jake Long was holding down the LT position for the Dolphins who ran the ball well and allowed their miserable QBs to look decent. The Browns run the ball with Joe Thomas who's just as good a Pass blocker as Ferguson and a much better run blocker.

Ferguson is a solid Player, but if i can get a late 1st or early to mid 2nd for him i take it and rebuild the Offense in this draft.