Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pat White wants to try NFL again

Pat White wants to try NFL again

I wouldn't mind the Jets taking a look at this kid. We know he can run and he has a decent arm and is fairly accurate. He could make the team I believe.

Talking

Sorry we are full of Bust Qb's on the Roster already ....

Quote Originally Posted by jetman in indy View Post
    I wouldn't mind the Jets taking a look at this kid. We know he can run and he has a decent arm and is fairly accurate. He could make the team I believe.
    He'd be the ideal replacement for Tebow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post

lmao!!!!!

Please merge with Denard Robinson thread.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    I would like both Suckchez and Tebow to go!

Veteran
    didn't the new QB Coach David Lee have White as a QB?

Pat White has seen what Russell Wilson accomplished this year and wants another crack at things. I think they were incredibly similar college QBs: undersized, very mobile, and accurate with good arm strength.

The comparisons go beyond football, as I believe that Pat White was also a very good baseball player.

Good luck to him. Maybe he can catch on as a backup on a team that uses the read option system.

All League
    He could compete with Jamarcus Russell for a spot on the roster.

All Pro
    I want a shot at the NFL.

I mean, I'm old, a little fat, can't really jump too high. I think I can have enough arm strength to throw a good screen pass (which Sanchez can't do). I can totally run 40 yards.

Plus, I have 3 kids who are draining me of all my cash, kind of like a lot of retired NFL guys. Although, all 3 of my kids are from the same woman, so that's not good for the NFL.

Seriously, what are all these players that "want a shot again"? You had a shot, and whether by lack of talent, or too much purple drink you didn't make it. Go get a job, and cry about all the money you blew.

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    I want a shot at the NFL.

I mean, I'm old, a little fat, can't really jump too high. I think I can have enough arm strength to throw a good screen pass (which Sanchez can't do). I can totally run 40 yards.

Plus, I have 3 kids who are draining me of all my cash, kind of like a lot of retired NFL guys. Although, all 3 of my kids are from the same woman, so that's not good for the NFL.

Seriously, what are all these players that "want a shot again"? You had a shot, and whether by lack of talent, or too much purple drink you didn't make it. Go get a job, and cry about all the money you blew.
    I hope you're not comparing JaWalrus and Pat White. The Walrus got fat, this happened to Pat White:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=042C1b0wGSo

The Walrus was the #1 pick, got an enormous contract and never put the work in. Pat White was a 2nd round pick that was just getting his shot. That was like his sixth or seventh play in the game, the first time he had gotten non-Wildcat snaps at QB.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I hope you're not comparing JaWalrus and Pat White. The Walrus got fat, this happened to Pat White:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=042C1b0wGSo

The Walrus was the #1 pick, got an enormous contract and never put the work in. Pat White was a 2nd round pick that was just getting his shot. That was like his sixth or seventh play in the game, the first time he had gotten non-Wildcat snaps at QB.
    Did he retire, or was he cut due to injury?

I honestly did not remember why he was out of the NFL. However, if it took him a year to come back from a concussion, given today's news where Junior Seau's family is suing for wrongful death due to concussions, would Goddell not try to keep him out of the league?

I might sign him to a contract and see what he does in camp. He was very impressive at the combine and never got a real shot at Miami which was a bad fit.

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Did he retire, or was he cut due to injury?

I honestly did not remember why he was out of the NFL. However, if it took him a year to come back from a concussion, given today's news where Junior Seau's family is suing for wrongful death due to concussions, would Goddell not try to keep him out of the league?
    He was cut the next year during training camp and disappeared after that. I don't know where he's been.

Practice Squad
    He's been playing minor league baseball.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Well he's cheaper than Geno but we still have to solidify the position and clear some dead wood before we take in any more projects.

Veteran
    He is like a dumber Russell Wilson

Veteran
    I always wondered what happened to that guy . . .

I'd definitely be interested in taking a look at Pat White. Although running was a big part of his game, his passing numbers from WV are totally respectable - and the Big East isn't too shabby. Worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    He is like a dumber Russell Wilson
    Pat White doesn't have 1/36th the talent of Russell Wilson. He's a poor man's Brad Smith which basically means he's crap concentrate.