Thread: Goodell focusing on the important things: Frank Gore fined for wearing socks too low

Goodell focusing on the important things: Frank Gore fined for wearing socks too low

Gore will make a little extra money for reaching the big game, and he'll celebrate that by spending a little extra money on his uniform. ESPN reported Wednesday that Gore was fined $10,500 by the NFL for wearing his socks too low during the 49ers' victory over the Atlanta Falcons in Sunday's NFC Championship Game.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...portedly-fined

Seriously. Can't be bothered to fine players for silly things like kicking guys in the knee when we've got super important things like socks to deal with.

Last edited by McGinley; 01-23-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Roger Goodell does a lot of stupid things. While this isn't of the magnitude of some other things like the way he handled the Saints situation, the level of stupidity might be much higher. Honestly, who cares about Frank Gore's socks?

Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    Roger Goodell does a lot of stupid things. While this isn't of the magnitude of some other things like the way he handled the Saints situation, the level of stupidity might be much higher. Honestly, who cares about Frank Gore's socks?
    Goodell does, apparently.

Seems like such a silly thing to fine someone over.

Many players get fined for that on a weekly basis.

I'd like an official statement from the NFL on Brady. At this point, the bias favoring New England is blatant.

Goodell wasn't involved here. This has been going on for years. There is a person or group in the league office that examines every game to make sure everyone is in compliance. Clinton Portis was once fined for wearing the wrong color socks (even though they were still team colors); Chad Johnson was fined for having the wrong color mouth guard. After Johnny Unitas died, Peyton Manning wanted to wear a pair of black high-top cleats as a tribute, I'm pretty sure the league office shut that down.

A few coaches have asked about wearing suits on the sidelines and have been rebuffed. Jack Del Rio had to have a specially designed Reebok suit and the league only let him wear it for a few games. I remember that it had a big Reebok label on the sleeve.

This has been going on since at least the early 90's.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Is he going to fine Brady for dressing like Olivia Newton John?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    No discipline in SF. That place is like a circus.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Is he going to fine Brady for dressing like Olivia Newton John?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    I LOL'd

If the NFL wants to maintain any integrity, there should be 2 fines for Brady this week... one for the kick and one for the above mentioned dressing like Olivia Newton John.

The NFL has become a JOKE over the last decade. I can`t be arsed with giving that league anymore of my money. I`ll just watch the games on tv since I`m paying for them through cable costs anyway. It`s one thing that the Jets suck year after year, but the league turned into a joke. Clearly the league favorites some teams(NE and the Giants specifically). The NFL is not even that entertaining anymore. I only like watching it when they show 40 and 50 year old fans screaming their lungs out for a TD. LOL Pretty sad but very funny imo.

goodell is a dick.

Jets Insider VIP
    You guys think he would've fined Namath for wearing white cleats?