Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets to "Explore" Trading Revis

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardukis View Post
    Most posters on this board believe the JETS were born week 3 1998.
    Hahahaha

If we can a first and a second or first and an early third, I'd do it. Everyone else is winning super bowls without revis. We can too. We need a lot of pieces here folks. We gotta listen to the offers that we get.

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateJoker6 View Post
    CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Jets will "explore options" to trade CB Darrelle Revis this offseason.

Source: CBS Sports

Per Rotoworld
    Yesterday it was mentioned that the Jets were interested in the Tyrann “Honey Badger” Mathieu. My reaction was that this could mean that the Jets could be interested in moving either Revis or Cro. So I believe Canfora's report makes sense.

Idzik is going to have tough decisions to make. And some of them are not going to please the fans. I'm glad to see that he's not afraid to explore trading Revis. And try to get as much as he can. Rather then have to lose Revis. And end up only getting a 3rd round compensatory pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Darrelle Revis - DB - Jets
    Yahoo! Sports' Jason Cole reports "at least two teams" have already contacted the Jets about Darrelle Revis' availability.

They won't be the last ones either. Cole notes that Revis' contract will be the main issue in negotiations as he can't be slapped with the franchise tag when his contract expires after the 2013 season. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports that Revis "doesn't want" to be traded and wants to be a Jet "his whole career."

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?r=1

Sounds like Mevis is singing a diffferent tune compared to years past....normally he would say we will see what happens this is a business, he sounds a little more adamant about wanting to remain a Jet now - maybe because of his injury??
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 01-23-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    thank Woody Johnson, this implosion is all on him
    The implosion already happened. We are in rebuilding mode now, so every move we make is with an eye on 2015.

The 2013 and 2014 seasons mean nothing. Since Revis won't be here in 2015 you get rid of him now and use him to get all the players/picks you can.

SAR I

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    How could anyone support trading the best player in the history of the Jets? What the hell is wrong with you people?
    It's very simple. You cannot pay one player other than a quarterback such a large percentage of the salary cap. Revis either agrees to a "reasonable" deal or we try and trade him for a high draft pick. Otherwise he is gone after the season and we get nothing.

The smart move is to make it known that the Jets are looking into trading DR rather than Rex' method of declaring him the best defensive player in the NFL before negotiations even begin.

Kudos to Woody Johnson (John Idzik) for getting this started so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Darrelle Revis - DB - Jets
    Yahoo! Sports' Jason Cole reports "at least two teams" have already contacted the Jets about Darrelle Revis' availability.

They won't be the last ones either. Cole notes that Revis' contract will be the main issue in negotiations as he can't be slapped with the franchise tag when his contract expires after the 2013 season. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports that Revis "doesn't want" to be traded and wants to be a Jet "his whole career."

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?r=1

Sounds like Mevis is singing a diffferent tune compared to years past....
    Makes me think again that this is being used as a warning shot.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Seriously, no offense. That's such a stupid argument. Based on this years Superbowl you could say that you have to have outstanding Offensive Guards and Hard Hitting Safeties to make the Superbowl. That doesn't make it true.

You make the Superbowl by having good players. Some positions are more important than others, that's a given.
    I agree there our different ways to win a superbowl...but lets not kid ourselves what do these 2 teams have in common???

A) A good QB
    B) Sold offensive line
    C)VERY good WR's and Tight Ends
    D)Pass rush
    E) Linebackers and safeties that can cover
    F) Great Running backs

We have none of these. Having an all pro corner that wants to be the highest paid player...wont get us very far. Just like Revis can take the number 1 receiver out of the game..opposing offenses can take Revis out of the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    The way that you stay floating in a sea of mediocrity is to tie up almost a quarter of your cap every year on a pair of f*cking corners.

If we can take any positive away from this sh*tastic season, it's that the loss of Revis had basically zero effect on this defense.
    This quote from the Daily News last week is all we need to care about right now:

"The Jets can easily maneuver their way under the cap by releasing linebacker Bart Scott, linebacker Calvin Pace, and safety Eric Smith next month.

The problem for the Jets is that leaves them with only 5 defensive players who were starters this year under contract- NT Sione Po’uha, DE Muhammad Wilkerson, LB David Harris, CB Antonio Cromartie and CB Darrelle Revis."

We all agree that our offense is a disaster, needs 7+ new starters with strong talent to get back to competitive levels.

We all agree that our special teams are a disaster, a function of a shallow roster.

Where some people are completely off kilter is the status of our beloved "Top 10" defense which will only return 5 starters this season, and Harris is a liability.

So it's not like Darrelle Revis is some "important component" of a strong defense. That ship has sailed. We are in full-rebuild mode, on all sides of the ball, folks. A blue-chip CB is a luxury we simply cannot afford.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The implosion already happened. We are in rebuilding mode now, so every move we make is with an eye on 2015.

The 2013 and 2014 seasons mean nothing. Since Revis won't be here in 2015 you get rid of him now and use him to get all the players/picks you can.

SAR I
    There is really nothing more that needs to be said. Woody is thinking smart for once and 75% of the fans are whining about it.

Cary Williams is no joke this year. He is no Patrick Peterson or Richard Sherman but he is a big reason Balt is still in it.

Now we all know why it took so long for Woodrow to hire a GM.

The first question posed to all the GM candidates probably went something as follows:
    “Would you trade Revis?”
    All GM candidates before Idzik:
    “Hell No, Mr. Johnson!”

Then enters Idzik:
    Woodrow:“Would you trade Revis?”

Idzik: In a heartbeat Mr. Johnson, Sir!”

Woodrow: "Congratulations, looks like I found my hatchet man... I mean GM."

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    There is really nothing more that needs to be said. Woody is thinking smart for once and 75% of the fans are whining about it.
    Someone said it earlier, it bears repeating:

I'd estimate that 40-50% of the current Jets Insider population is under 30 years old. These fans think we're the friggin' Yankees, a perennial playoff team, a team that merely swaps out a HC or a QB and BOOM! right back in the thick of things.

They only know the Jets this way because we've been a very good and competitive team since 1997 when these JI members were in their diapers.

They don't understand what real NFL rebuilding is like because every time someone hints at it since they were 10 years old the core of the Parcells draft and the Parcells front office and the Woody PSL spending held the ship together.

Them's days is over.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    As I said earlier, if the Jets are serious about trading Revis, this is the perfect time for them to do it and still get good value for him.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    I agree there our different ways to win a superbowl...but lets not kid ourselves what do these 2 teams have in common???

A) A good QB
    B) Sold offensive line
    C)VERY good WR's and Tight Ends
    D)Pass rush
    E) Linebackers and safeties that can cover
    F) Great Running backs

We have none of these. Having an all pro corner that wants to be the highest paid player...wont get us very far. Just like Revis can take the number 1 receiver out of the game..opposing offenses can take Revis out of the game...
    We can agree to disagree then. The only thing I agree 100% on those statements is B, and Good, but not great, pass rush.

The teams have balance, that's why they are in the Superbowl. I'm not saying I'm 100% in favor of keeping Revis, as I've said before, I will not pass judgement until an offer is made.

One last note, care to explain how the offense can take Revis out of the game? Do you mean by running the ball constantly? If that's not what you mean, I'm not following.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    This quote from the Daily News last week is all we need to care about right now:

"The Jets can easily maneuver their way under the cap by releasing linebacker Bart Scott, linebacker Calvin Pace, and safety Eric Smith next month.

The problem for the Jets is that leaves them with only 5 defensive players who were starters this year under contract- NT Sione Po’uha, DE Muhammad Wilkerson, LB David Harris, CB Antonio Cromartie and CB Darrelle Revis."

We all agree that our offense is a disaster, needs 7+ new starters with strong talent to get back to competitive levels.

We all agree that our special teams are a disaster, a function of a shallow roster.

Where some people are completely off kilter is the status of our beloved "Top 10" defense which will only return 5 starters this season, and Harris is a liability.

So it's not like Darrelle Revis is some "important component" of a strong defense. That ship has sailed. We are in full-rebuild mode, on all sides of the ball, folks. A blue-chip CB is a luxury we simply cannot afford.

SAR I
    Myself and others pretty much declared the start of the official rebuild the day Sanchez was benched, some posters argued that the roster simply needed to be "tweaked". I think we can all see by turning over more than half your starters, not having a legitimate starting QB and trading away your best player that the rebuilding is fully under way. This is a good thing though, it needed to happen, I am just not sure how Rex was able to survive this, but that is a moot point for this year.

People get sentimental and stupid. I'd LOVE to be on this list and if the Jets can make something as close to this possible--- GO FOR IT! I'm a Jets fan first!!!!

http://www.bettertradessports.com/be...or-8draftpicks

Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    trade the best player on the team...brilliant...

Yes, it would be brilliant. We are clearly losing him for nothing next year, we are rebuilding this year and most importantly our defense was similar to last year with/without him.

This would be the smartest thing the jets could do. I could easily see Denver trading two first round picks for him.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    This is Yankee-type move? How many HOF players have the Yanks let go of in their illustrious history?
    I'm not comparing MLB to the NFL because its so vastly different, just saying that the Mets fans in here whining a-la letting Reyes or Dickey go simply don't get it.

These are the Top 5 things the Jets needed to do this winter; at least they're getting some of it right:

1. Fire Rex Ryan
    2. Get a player personnel GM
    3. Get a great offensive coordinator
    4. Trade Revis for picks or an offensive starter
    5. Get offensive weapons for Mark Sanchez

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    Now we all know why it took so long for Woodrow to hire a GM.

The first question posed to all the GM candidates probably went something as follows:
    “Would you trade Revis?”
    All GM candidates before Idzik:
    “Hell No, Mr. Johnson!”

Then enters Idzik:
    Woodrow:“Would you trade Revis?”

Idzik: In a heartbeat Mr. Johnson, Sir!”

Woodrow: "Congratulations, looks like I found my hatchet man... I mean GM."
    Maybe this idea was part of Idziks pitch in the interview. Who knows.