Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets to "Explore" Trading Revis

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Myself and others pretty much declared the start of the official rebuild the day Sanchez was benched, some posters argued that the roster simply needed to be "tweaked". I think we can all see by turning over more than half your starters, not having a legitimate starting QB and trading away your best player that the rebuilding is fully under way. This is a good thing though, it needed to happen, I am just not sure how Rex was able to survive this, but that is a moot point for this year.
    I think Rex survives for a simple reason: Money.

I forget the number, but no reason for Woody Johnson to exonerate him from the responsibility of this situation and pay him $6M or $8M of our money to sit on a beach and get more tattoos. Let him stay here, let him feel the burnout of back-to-back-to-back losing seasons, then let Idzik fire him in 2014 and get someone really good in here.

SAR I

All League
    I think the rebuild on d is going to include Pouha as well. With his back, his $3.8 M cap savings could Give the Jets enough space for at least 3 veterans.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Fire Izdik, for real

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Fire Izdik, for real
    Ever heard of Herschel Walker?

It's hilarious how easily the media can troll a fan base with baseless reports like this one.

If Revis really wants to stay here then:

10 years/10$ per year, first 4 seasons guaranteed, incentives on the back end.

Take it, Scrooge McDuck.

And if this deal does happen, it means Idzik has some power. Rex wouldn't do this move, I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    And if this deal does happen, it means Idzik has some power. Rex wouldn't do this move, I bet.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    We could end up with 2 Top 5 picks next year if we play our cards right. Things could get better in a hurry.
    Now you're cookin with gas

Hall Of Fame
    Lets say the Jets dont trade Revis and finish next season 6-10 again. Does anyone think Revis is really going to want to sign with the Jets? Get what you can for him now, save the headache of constantly worrying if he is going to hold out or demand more money a year after he signs his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    Now you're cookin with gas
    Or we could cut half the team and be 1-15

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    If Revis really wants to stay here then:

10 years/10$ per year, first 4 seasons guaranteed, incentives on the back end.

Take it, Scrooge McDuck.
    Ten Dollars?.........YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post

Yes, it would be brilliant. We are clearly losing him for nothing next year, we are rebuilding this year and most importantly our defense was similar to last year with/without him.

This would be the smartest thing the jets could do. I could easily see Denver trading two first round picks for him.
    lol Did Denver fire their GM and run Elway out of town? Denver has always been a seller not a buyer. When was the last time they traded away draft picks for a player? Much less massively overpaid for a player.

All of the people against trading him, all of you are willing to pay him anywhere from 18 - 23 million a year (QB money)?? Why? No CB is worth that. Elite CBs are not needed if you have a pass rush. Let's get a pass rush. The Giants won superbowls with no defense other than a couple of pass rushers. Neither of these teams in the Superbowl have elite CBs. Common sense. If we can get a lot for Revis, let's do it. Does anybody think we can pay him what he THINKS he's worth? If we can't, somebody else will in FA.

Veteran
    Total BS report. Like Woody would come out and say he wants to trade Revis, until I hear it fom the horses mouth then I'll believe it. If Revis does opt out after 2014 he will be in a Steeler uniform, take that to the bank.

Also consider this, however illogical it sounds.

We trade Revis for picks. The team that picks him up doesn't pay him. Jets, with an open salary cap pick him up and we get Revis and the picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    lol Did Denver fire their GM and run Elway out of town? Denver has always been a seller not a buyer. When was the last time they traded away draft picks for a player? Much less massively overpaid for a player.
    Manning has a year or two left. They have to go for it. If they can swing it cap wise it makes sense. Champ got torched vs Balt.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Also consider this, however illogical it sounds.

We trade Revis for picks. The team that picks him up doesn't pay him. Jets, with an open salary cap pick him up and we get Revis and the picks.
    The team trading for him, if it happens, will sign him to a new deal.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    The team trading for him, if it happens, will sign him to a new deal.
    That's why I said it was illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Someone said it earlier, it bears repeating:

I'd estimate that 40-50% of the current Jets Insider population is under 30 years old. These fans think we're the friggin' Yankees, a perennial playoff team, a team that merely swaps out a HC or a QB and BOOM! right back in the thick of things.

They only know the Jets this way because we've been a very good and competitive team since 1997 when these JI members were in their diapers.

They don't understand what real NFL rebuilding is like because every time someone hints at it since they were 10 years old the core of the Parcells draft and the Parcells front office and the Woody PSL spending held the ship together.

Them's days is over.

SAR I

Your 100% right most of these fans are to young to understand this is not like the Yankees right now this team is a wreck you have only 10 starters returning and the Jets are over the cap even cutting the certain players only take us 12 million under. The jets need bodies and you get bodies through the draft. When you consider the Jets were a top 10 defense without Revis.he becomes expendable . Even the CB duo of Cromartie and Wilson is still better then what most teams have. Right now the Jets cant afford to use 10% of the cap on a CB by the time the Jets rebuild Revis will be in decline. Right now you trade him and stock picks. I wish these kids would quit having their manlove for Revis blind them from the truth. I still think your wrong about idzik though.