Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 503

Thread: Jets to "Explore" Trading Revis

  1. #321
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    This is just stupid. This is the equivalent of selling low instead of high. Sure, teams will be willing to trade for him, but coming off a major injury is not when you are going to get value for a player. Take your chances and see if you can keep him. If you lose Revis, oh well. Happens all the time in sports.
    No. Thanks to his contract structure, if you lose Revis, it's a 6M dead cap hit in 2014.

    Here's the thing - he won't be traded for less than a 3rd round pick, since the Jets will get that in comp picks if he walks in 2014. And if he's dealt, he'll likely be traded for a conditional package depending on how he plays as he returns from injury.

    But this is also a smart negotiating ploy. If the Jets deal Revis, he will be negotiating a new contract with his new team coming off injury - so he may as well do that with the Jets now.

    There's no downside to this rumor, for the Jets.

  2. #322
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,869
    Did the Colts get rid of Freeney and Mathis because they were " rebuilding"?

  3. #323
    I'd trade him for a one this year and two next year. He is damaged goods, and won't be coming back next year anyway ... His agents will hold us ransom for a king's bounty.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 01-24-2013 at 06:56 AM.

  4. #324
    I have no problem with them seeing what they could get for him.If a team is willing to offer a Hershel Walker type of deal you have to take it no?

  5. #325
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,869
    The problem is most people who want to trade him want a king's ransom. Not gonna happen. And according to this it's a DUMB financial move, trading Cromartie makes more sense.

    http://www.nyjetscap.com/2013_Articl...lle-revis.html

  6. #326
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    45,060
    Quote Originally Posted by NYDreamer View Post
    This reminds me of when Deion Sanders was traded from the Falcons to eventually winning with the 49ers and then with Dallas.
    The Cowboys won 2 Bowls before they got Sanders and the 49'ers a bunch..It's not like he was the reason just a nice addition..

  7. #327
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    45,060
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    The problem is most people who want to trade him want a king's ransom. Not gonna happen. And according to this it's a DUMB financial move, trading Cromartie makes more sense.

    http://www.nyjetscap.com/2013_Articl...lle-revis.html
    Looking at the contracts Megatron and Mario Williams got Mevis will want QB money or will holdout no matter what his current contract says..

  8. #328
    The key to any possible trade is the health of Revis and what another team is willing to offer. If I were in control I would ask for a first round pick in 2014 as well as a pick or two this year. My minimum for trading him would be a 1 in 2014 and a 3 this season. I do not trade Revis if I do not get a first round pick in return.

  9. #329
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    45,060
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    The key to any possible trade is the health of Revis and what another team is willing to offer. If I were in control I would ask for a first round pick in 2014 as well as a pick or two this year. My minimum for trading him would be a 1 in 2014 and a 3 this season. I do not trade Revis if I do not get a first round pick in return.
    So losing him to Free agency in 2014 sound like a plan to you?? Other teams know that and don't think that's not a factor in any decision they make..

  10. #330
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Im still not getting good vibes about this..
    If its any consolation, the Jets should conside trading Cro and keeping Revis. Its horrible cap management to have so much money tied up in a nonpremium position like CB.

  11. #331
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,194
    I find the timing of this report curious. It could be the obvious or getting Revis to the negotiation table. The Jets need to force the Revis teams hand ASAP.

    The last sentence in the report is interesting as well..

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by JETFAN1; 01-24-2013 at 08:30 AM.

  12. #332
    Jets Traded Keyshawn Johnson for two #1's. He then went on to win a superbowl! Same thing will happen with the Revis. Why do they want to trade away their best players! He's what you hope and pray for when you select a player in the draft! The only way I even consider trading Revis is for two #1's. He's a hall of famer is the prime of his career. Two #1's or no deal.

  13. #333
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by odb576 View Post
    Darell Revis IS the best defensive player in football. That isn't an arbitrary statement, it's not an overstatement, it's just a fact.
    Exactly how is that a fact?

    If you asked all 32 GM's/HC's who they would rather have, JJ Watt or Revis, how many do you think would take Revis over Watt?

    The correct answer is zero.

    Revis is not the best defensive player in football.

  14. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    If its any consolation, the Jets should conside trading Cro and keeping Revis. Its horrible cap management to have so much money tied up in a nonpremium position like CB.
    nonpremium?! Cb is probably the most important position in today pass happy league

  15. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Exactly how is that a fact?

    If you asked all 32 GM's/HC's who they would rather have, JJ Watt or Revis, how many do you think would take Revis over Watt?

    The correct answer is zero.

    Revis is not the best defensive player in football.
    this is pretty dumb.. Watt is good but im sure most of the HCs would take Revis over Watt
    Just look at your team.. The pats have a solid DL but its wortheless because their DBs cant cover ****

  16. #336
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Exactly how is that a fact?

    If you asked all 32 GM's/HC's who they would rather have, JJ Watt or Revis, how many do you think would take Revis over Watt?

    The correct answer is zero.

    Revis is not the best defensive player in football.
    There's a difference between "best" and "most valuable"

    Revis does an excellent job on virtually every play of the game, for what his role is. You can only do what you can given the position you play. He does it so much better than anyone else, it clearly makes hom the best defensive player in the game. Watt dominates often, but less frequently than Revis, and the gap between him and 2nd best at his position isn't as large. You could say given the importance of their positions that Watt is more valuable, but he is not better.

  17. #337
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,869
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Exactly how is that a fact?

    If you asked all 32 GM's/HC's who they would rather have, JJ Watt or Revis, how many do you think would take Revis over Watt?

    The correct answer is zero.

    Revis is not the best defensive player in football.
    The above proves how good Revis is. Every year its a new guy, Williams, Pierre Paul and now Watt. 24 is always there for the conversation

  18. #338
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    this is pretty dumb.. Watt is good but im sure most of the HCs would take Revis over Watt
    How can you say that with a straight face?

    Watt had over 20 sacks, 18 balls batted down at the LOS, 11 tackles for losses in the backfield and 23 QB hurries.

    With his pressure on the QB, Watt can virtually take every receiver out of the game. Revis takes away one friggn' guy.

    BTW, how many Defensive Player of the Year awards has Revis won in his career?

  19. #339
    Yahoo! Sports' Jason Cole reports "at least two teams" have already contacted the Jets about Darrelle Revis' availability.
    They won't be the last two, either. Cole notes that Revis' contract will be the main issue in negotiations, as he can't be slapped with the franchise tag when the deal expires after the 2013 season. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports that Revis "doesn't want" to be traded and wants to be a Jet "his whole career."

  20. #340
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    There's a difference between "best" and "most valuable"

    Revis does an excellent job on virtually every play of the game, for what his role is. You can only do what you can given the position you play. He does it so much better than anyone else, it clearly makes hom the best defensive player in the game. Watt dominates often, but less frequently than Revis, and the gap between him and 2nd best at his position isn't as large. You could say given the importance of their positions that Watt is more valuable, but he is not better.
    That's the point exactly!

    The value of a great DE/OLB is much greater than the value of a great CB.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us