Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets to "Explore" Trading Revis

No more jerseys for me. I'm a hats only guy from now on.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    No more jerseys for me. I'm a hats only guy from now on.
    I know first Abraham now Revis...It's great being a fan of the Jets...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    @kmart_li
    Woody said that he's deferring to Idzik on Revis and said he doesn't know where that came from. #nyj

@cnimbley
    Woody Jonson says he has no idea where these reports that he wants to trade Revis are coming from #Jets

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    The Rams have 2 1st rounders this year (16 and 22) and the Bengals have 2 2nd rounders as does the Fins.

The Rams could be a possibility in trading 1 of their 1st rounders and a 2nd or 3rd rounder, or a 2014 2nd.
    The Rams already have Finnegan and Jenkins so I doubt they would

All Pro
    "I would never say anything about a contract or a trade." -- #Jets owner Woody Johnson on Revis trade report #nyj

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I'd love to see Revis on the Pats.

Even though he is the best CB in the NFL, BB would never put up with his attitude or contract demands.

See Milloy, Law, Samuel, and Seymour for examples.
    those guys were cheaters. they weren't that good

All Pro
    Woody Johnson: "I saw Darrelle the other day...I think he's going to come back 100%. I don't think there's any question." #nyj #jets

seriously though.. if cap relief is the big issue, we'll need to trade Santonio Holmes and Antonio Cromartie. I don't think any team would haul draft pickS or playerS for DRevis. He's a free agent after next season and He Can't Be Franchised. The Knicks traded their "team" for Melo.

All Pro
    Rex asked about Revis & starts laughing. Says he heard the rumors this morning & started laughing saying it's only John's (Idzik) first day

Now Rex laughing at yall

Jets Insider VIP
    Jets to "Explore" Trading Revis

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateJoker6 View Post
    CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Jets will "explore options" to trade CB Darrelle Revis this offseason.

Source: CBS Sports

Per Rotoworld
    COMPLETELY false per the horse's mouth, John Idzik himself.

DUMP

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

DUMP
    LOL at the media.

Ideally you get Revis signed to a reasonable contract (12 mill) and you can trade Cro on high value. But it all hinges on Revis not being unrealistic in his contract demands... something that we have seen is often not the case with him sadly. If we don't even try to keep him I'd be upset. But if Idzik tries to negotiate and sees that Revis is making unreasonable demands, then he should go ahead and try to maximize his trade value before he walks.

I would trade Revis because of the money he will cost and he has held out twice already and guaranteed he will do it again. We aren't good right now and even without Revis our defense is good enough. We need draft picks and need to get younger and faster immediately so we can make a run in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

DUMP
    He came right out and said "We are not trading Revis at all?"

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    On Mike and Mike this morning Brian Billick asserted that this may be part of the overall negotiation process. The Jets know that they do not want to pay Revis the kind of money he's looking for, but Revis thinks he's worth it. The solution, equate the dollar figure Revis wants with other players and trades i.e. Carson Palmer. Tell Revis' Agent that if the Raiders gave up a first and conditional 2d round pick for Carson Palmer, Revis should be worth at least as much and send him on his way to find a trading partner for the Jets. If he finds a team willing to bite, great. If not, well then I guess Revis is not worth as much as Carson Palmer.
    This to me is the most fair approach to all sides including the pro-trade, anti-trade camps. It offers the possibility of negotiating between a do'able long term contract between Revis/Jets or at least instead offering decent trade value that can benefit the Jets while giving Revis the contract he desires.

All Pro
    Are the Jets rebuilding or not?

If the Jets can get a 1st round pick or more, the trade should definitely be considered. In all honesty, the time to trade him was last offseason when the Jets could have received two first round picks in all likelihood.

If the trade value is there, it's time to move on. He's a luxury the Jets can't afford, and in my opinion, a poor choice of kingpin for a rebuilding team.

remember "picks" don't always pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Due to the injury and contract situation I could see a deal where the Jets get a 2nd or 3rd rounder this year and a 1st the next year or a conditional 1st. I wouldn't mind that at all.

Next year after Sanchez is gone and perhaps we get out from under the cap problems we have two 1st rounders and a lot of flex to get good players or package and trade up.
    +1000
    Forget conditional, Revis has proven to be too good for that
    Jets need to be set up to get Johnny football next year.
    Eff CBs, I don't care how good they are this is 2013. We need a FRANCHISE QB.

Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    seriously though.. if cap relief is the big issue, we'll need to trade Santonio Holmes and Antonio Cromartie. I don't think any team would haul draft pickS or playerS for DRevis. He's a free agent after next season and He Can't Be Franchised. The Knicks traded their "team" for Melo.
    Teams would have NO LEVERAGE with Revis agents when he becomes a FA
    His price would SKY ROCKET if he's back to normal in 2013!

Much easier to try & trade B4 he hits FA
    A FA Revis would be a free for all & lowers the chances of getting him because he would go to the highest bidder....we didn't dub him Mevis for nothing, lol.