Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Jets to "Explore" Trading Revis

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I think it's hilarious how everyone is complaining about the bad contracts given to Holmes, Sanchez and Harris yet they want to hand out the mother of all bad contracts to Revis.

You don't pay a corner franchise QB money, regardless of how great he is.

Hey, if you guys want to sit back and watch a plethora of 7-9 and 8-8 seasons just so we can watch Revis run step for step with the opposing teams #1 receiver every Sunday, then that's your MO. I just pray that Idzik isn't that goddamn stupid.

The obvious smart thing to do is trade Revis to the highest bidder and replenish this offense with some high draft picks.

I don't know about you, but watching your team struggle every week just to put 10 points on the board is pretty damn frustrating, not to mention incredibly boring.

But yeah, let's tie up almost 15% of our available cap for the forseeable future in a f*cking CB.

Sounds like a winning formula.
    How in the F*ck could anyone consider Sanchez, Holmes, or Harris contracts F*cking better than F*cking paying Revis. I swear a lot in my f*cking posts late me so my opinion must be more F*cking logical.

Whether or not you think a CB is worth 15 F*cking million a year is a different argument, at least he's earned the highest paycheck for a CB. What the f*ck has Holmes, Harris or Sanchez done to earn their F*cking contracts. F*ck. F*ck.
    Last edited by HawkeyeJet; 01-27-2013 at 03:43 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    How in the F*ck could anyone consider Sanchez, Holmes, or Harris contracts F*cking better than F*cking paying Revis. I sweat a lot in my f*cking posts late me so my opinion must be more F*cking logical.

Whether or not you think a CB is worth 15 F*cking million a year is a different argument, at least he's earned the highest paycheck for a CB. What the f*ck has Holmes, Harris or Sanchez done to earn their F*cking contracts. F*ck. F*ck.
    That's a lot of f*cks

If my posts offend you so much, then put me on ignore and my vulgarities will never taint your squeaky clean eyes again.

F*ck
    Last edited by Untouchable; 01-27-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    The Star-Ledger-USA TODAY Sports
    If there was one recurring weakness for the St. Louis Rams during the 2012 season (aside from the offensive line), it was their secondary. On several occasions the defensive backs for St. Louis were burned for big momentum swinging plays that may have ultimately cost them wins in some cases. That is why the idea of trading for the now seemingly available Darrelle Revis is an intriguing idea for the young squad under the Gateway Arch.

The team signed feisty Jeff Fisher staple Cortland Finnegan to a massive contract last offseason, but he didnít really thrive in their defense. He will present a $15 million cap hit in 2013 if he is on the roster and that may be enough to earn him a ticket out of town. He also has a $3 million bonus that will be guaranteed five days after Super Bowl XLVII if he is on the roster which may provide added incentive to move him out.

With Janoris Jenkins already claiming a firm hold to one starting cornerback role, Revis would make an incredible complement to the young up and coming playmaker. Keeping in mind that the New York Jets and Rams have already done some business recently with the Jason Smith for Wayne Hunter deal this past season, perhaps the bridge to facilitate a trade has already been built. Sure, that was under former general manager Mike Tannenbaumís direction, but the teams are already familiar with one another at least.

Statistically, adding Revis would clearly help a secondary that ranked 23rd in the NFL in first downs allowed through the air. In terms of pass defense, the Rams were ranked 15th in the league while their NFC West counterparts in the San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, and even the lowly Arizona Cardinals ranked in the top six in that category.

Given the plethora of picks that the Rams still have in their back pocket from the Robert Griffin III deal from the Washington Redskins, they have plenty of flexibility in terms of trade value to offer in exchange for Revis. This team could quickly help its secondary leap frog the rest of their division with just one move.

Even if Finnegan remains with the Rams, adding Revis would give them a trio of terrific corners in a primarily pass-happy league. A team can never have too many high-quality corners and the Rams would certainly benefit from the addition of Revis.

GM Les Snead has already shown he isnít afraid to make deals and this Rams team showed a great deal of improvement in less than a year under his direction. If he wants to take this team to the next level and make them contenders immediately, putting together a package to land Revis would be a great place to start.

Follow Anthony Blake on Twitter @AnthonyMBlake or on Facebook at Anthony Mizarkus Blake

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/0...zae016ovI5v.99