Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets to "Explore" Trading Revis

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    This is moronic logic. Did you watch Kyle Wilson play? He can not be a #2 CB.
    Tyran Mathieu

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I think I could be persuaded with Detroit's #5 PLUS another high pick (2 or 3) or I call Pittsburgh or NO and ask for 2013 and 2014 #1s or he doesn't get traded.

Pre-injury, he was the number defensive player in the league. As far as the injury is concerned, I look at AP.

Even if we make the second year #1 conditional. Like if he plays 50% of the plays and on their playoff roster if they make it.
    AD is a freak, though. He's an anomaly.

Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    only player on the entire team that is a legit star any they are going to try and trade him lol only the jets-will work out as well as letting Riggins go
    How did paying Nnamdi work out for the eagles??

Jets Insider VIP
    Woody is smartening up. Revis brought this upon himself. Get 2 #2s and dont look back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    This is just stupid. This is the equivalent of selling low instead of high. Sure, teams will be willing to trade for him, but coming off a major injury is not when you are going to get value for a player. Take your chances and see if you can keep him. If you lose Revis, oh well. Happens all the time in sports.
    you can structure the trade to get value..You can get a #1 this season and then based on a new contract and playing time % get another pick in 2014..The higher % Revis plays the higher the '14 pick becomes

Rookie
    This reminds me of when Deion Sanders was traded from the Falcons to eventually winning with the 49ers and then with Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    you can structure the trade to get value..You can get a #1 this season and then based on a new contract and playing time % get another pick in 2014..The higher % Revis plays the higher the '14 pick becomes
    this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    trade him. 100 million dollar corners dont win super bowls.
    neither do 54 million dollar qbs (sanchez)

keep the worst qb in the league but trade the best cb.................yes we are the jets.

The problem for Revis is the Jets have proven they can function quite well without him. This injury basically bought him a ticket out of town.

Once upon a time Dallas fans were shocked to discover that Jimmy Johnson had traded Herschel Walker, their best player away. Wonder how they feel about that?

All League
    Charter JI Member

Leave no stone unturned.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    He's a CORNERBACK and most likely will want to become the richest man in the world. Screw that.

Get it through your head that you do not NEED a HoF CB. He is a LUXURY.
    Lol exactly.. The best player in Jet history, sadly, is a corner. Paying him 15 mil a year would be idiotic. I'd rather build a team then have a HoF CB.

Hall Of Fame
    We could end up with 2 Top 5 picks next year if we play our cards right. Things could get better in a hurry.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Woody is smartening up. Revis brought this upon himself. Get 2 #2s and dont look back.
    This scenario may be an all time low for you

I rarely agree with you, and idea's like this cement it for me

This is moronic logic. Did you watch Kyle Wilson play? He can not be a #2 CB.
    Listen, you can't tie up 30 million dollars on two players who function to take away 2 players on offense, who AREN'T the QB. A pass rusher of that caliber is more worth 15 million/year than a CB.

Revis is great. Cro is awesome. I want to keep them both. Unfortunately if you do that, you don't get a QB/RB/OL/TE/etc. Can't do it. The Jets need an offense, badly. The defense is going to improve with faster, younger LBs.

Plus, you have to re-sign Landry. There is so much money tied up in the secondary.

Sign Revis, keep Cro, and pray the rookies are all major contributors immediately. That's the only way.

Banned
    Hell of a lot closer than we ever got without having the best defensive player in the game (i.e. the prior 40 years)
    Revis is not the "best defensive player" in the game. He's the best CB.

Think the Texans would trade JJ Watt straight up for Revis?

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    neither do 54 million dollar qbs (sanchez)

keep the worst qb in the league but trade the best cb.................yes we are the jets.
    When your "the best CB in the league" is preventing you form signing talent and rebuilding your offense (as well as QB).....its time to part ways.

Hall Of Fame
    Does anybody remember last year when Schefter said the Jets could get a first rounder for Sanchez?

Anybody got a time machine?

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Revis is not the "best defensive player" in the game. He's the best CB.

Think the Texans would trade JJ Watt straight up for Revis?
    As a Jets fan, you take that trade and run as fast as you can.

As a Texans fan, you get sick to your stomach and wonder why you did it.

Hypothetical example:

Revis covers Andre Johnson, so Schaub can't throw to just him, but will look to other options.

Watt puts pressure on Schaub, who can't throw to any receiver cleanly.

Big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Does anybody remember last year when Schefter said the Jets could get a first rounder for Sanchez?

Anybody got a time machine?
    Schefter was smoking something then. Even then he was only worth a 3rd at best on a desperate team.