Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets to "Explore" Trading Revis

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    If we don't trade him, he walks in 2014 and we get nothing to show for it but (maybe) a compensatory 3rd? **** that.
    In that case trade him during the season. Let him prove his worth and we get a better return. Trading him now makes no sense. Especially with the cap ramifications

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the guy. However, with the salary cap hell the Jets are in, can we afford him? I saw Joe Namath play with a sub-par cast as he, at the time was paid the bulk of the payroll. You can't win that way. The guy's set up for life, show some balls and loyalty to the team who made you rich and sign a non-bank breaking contract and win a championship.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    My repsect for Idzik just jumped up a notch, if true.

Let's see, our offense is in total shambles, this team is going through a rebuilding phase, and we just fielded the 2nd ranked secondary in the league without Revis.

But yeah, let's dole out Tom Brady/Peyton Manning money to a f*cking CB. Makes sense.

It seems like a lot of you guys are just obsessed with bragging about having a HOF caliber player on the team. One that doesn't even play a premium position.

How about we use all of our resources to fix this abortion of an offense?

No QB, no RB, no TE, a huge question mark at receiver and 2/5 of our OL is set to hit free agency.

But we must keep our precious Revis at all cost!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What started out as denial for me is possibly in the acceptance stage. FOr all his greedy tactics off the field, on the field I love Revis. In your face, physical and a beast.

Jason Cole
    ‏@JasonColeYahoo
    To piggyback on @JasonLaCanfora report: at least 2 teams have contacted NYJ abt Revis. Issue will be contract. can't be franchised post '13

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    +1 ****ing billion. The draft is a total crap shoot even for the best drafting teams. Let's trade the all time most dominant CB at his lowest value ever.
    It’s John Abraham all over again folks.
    This is what we get when a “cap guy” is running the show instead of a personnel guy.
    If this happens, we should expect nothing but a rebuilding-type year for 2013, which means lots of losses.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    TOTAL Crapshoot? yes, if you are the JETS.

NOT for many other teams.
    Ok half the first round picks at least every year don't play up to the value of their drafted slot. My point is with Revis coming off ACL surgery what's the best we're going to get? A first and third? Now the best drafting team in the league given a first and third has a ridiculously minuscule chance of replacing half the talent of a hall of an all time great player. I don't think teams get better when they DO hit on a draft pick.. Then trade that player away in their prime. On a selfish note it's very hard to win a super bowl. Thus, as a fan, watching the best corner ever every week adds a lot of joy to my fan experience.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You don't trade the best person on your team. It makes no sense whatsoever. Regardless of position. Lets wait and see what the market is.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the chicken littles on this board that want to trade Revis are laughable and very sad...good thing him being traded is a figment of someones imagination.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    This is what we get when a “cap guy” is running the show instead of a personnel guy.
    If this happens, we should expect nothing but a rebuilding-type year for 2013, which means lots of losses.
    LOL

You should expect 2013 to be a rebuilding year whether we trade Revis or not.

Are tou telling me that a f*cking CB, no matter how great he is, is the difference between 6-10 and 10-6?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @JasonColeYahoo: To piggyback on @JasonLaCanfora report: at least 2 teams have contacted NYJ abt Revis. Issue will be contract. can't be franchised post '13

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If only we turned that John Abraham pick into an all-pro center, then the cap guy would have known what he was doing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is what we get when a “cap guy” is running the show instead of a personnel
    Try reading his bio some time before you label him.

Two things.

1: What's wrong with rebuilding? We NEED to rebuild.
    2: You thought we were going to be winning next year? HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

Are tou telling me that a f*cking CB, no matter how great he is, is the difference between 6-10 and 10-6?
    u nailed it...the way to get from 6-10 to 10-6 is to get rid of the good players you already have.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    How could anyone support trading the best player in the history of the Jets? What the hell is wrong with you people?
    We have needs that are greater than CB.

He will leave when his contract is up and we will have gotten nothing for him.

We need to get something for him now while he has value.

We are going to be a losing franchise until 2015 at the earliest, holding onto him for the next two seasons is pointless.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Try reading his bio some time before you label him.

Two things.

1: What's wrong with rebuilding? We NEED to rebuild.
    2: You thought we were going to be winning next year? HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    you are like a broken record with this Revis stuff...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our best play here would be to trade revis during the season. Let him prove to other teams that he is healthy and hope a contending team loses a corner.

If they want to dump him prior to this years draft, 2 #2s will be the best offer they get.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone likes to point to Revis' contract as the reason we have no maneuverability, and that's simply not the case. Revis(this year aside) has earned every penny he has been given. David Harris(more guaranteed money than Patrick Willis), Cromartie, Holmes and Sanchez's contracts are the killers. You could find an adequate replacement to Harris, Holmes and Sanchez for about a third of the price. You could find an adequate second corner for half the price Cromartie makes. To find a true, bonafide # 1 CB that is not on their rookie contract, you are going to be paying Revis type money.

Revis' contract isn't the problem, because the price of an equal talent is acutally pretty good for market value, it's the other contracts that are killing us. Whether or not you think CB is worth that or they win SB's doesn't really matter, that's what the upper echelon CB's earn, not just from the Jets.

It isn't necessary for the Jets to have a complete fire sale to rebuild within a few years. There are multiple ways to rebuild, it doens't have to always be with loading up on as many draft picks as you can.

All of that said, I'm still do not know at this point to be for or against said move, until I saw the proposed deal, it's really hard to be in favor for or against.
    Last edited by HawkeyeJet; 01-23-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can guarantee that there are a couple of teams and owners out there that will give the Jets an arm and a leg for Revis. They would love to have the best corner in the league on their team for the next 6 seasons. A team that thinks they are close and Revis is the missing piece. Maybe the Redskins and their gambling owner? Maybe the Colts? Maybe Dallas? Cinncy too cheap. I'm sure the Pats would want him but Jets won't send him there. Maybe New Orleans? Possibly Denver? How about the Giants? Houston? All these teams could add Revis and make the championship game. Start a bidding war. Getting Revis would almost guarantee any of these teams a very good season. He got the dysfunctional Jets to the championship game twice didn't he? What could he do for these teams? Maybe put them over the top? Creat that buzz for these teams and the Jets should get a kings ransom for Revis. No joke.
    Last edited by JoeJam Football; 01-23-2013 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Misspelling

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @JasonColeYahoo: To piggyback on @JasonLaCanfora report: at least 2 teams have contacted NYJ abt Revis. Issue will be contract. can't be franchised post '13
    If this is true, he is as good as gone. Jets are playing it smart here. They have no intention of signing him long term so get rid of him now. Revis held out twice on the jets already. You can be damn sure woody is not going to be played the fool again.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

If it’s a CB you want to trade, then trade the guy who just had his BEST season ever (Cro) not the guy with the busted knee.
    You never trade HOF talent.
    Trading your best players tells the World that you are not comitted to winning, only the bottom line.