Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets to "Explore" Trading Revis

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is just stupid. This is the equivalent of selling low instead of high. Sure, teams will be willing to trade for him, but coming off a major injury is not when you are going to get value for a player. Take your chances and see if you can keep him. If you lose Revis, oh well. Happens all the time in sports.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    All of the overpaid players on this team and we're going to trade the one guy that's actually worth his contract?

Trade Cro before he starts to lose his athleticism (after next year, ideally) and cut Holmes, Sanchez, and Harris when the cap hits become bearable. Now there's plenty of money to re-sign Revis and go after a number of other guys.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    only player on the entire team that is a legit star any they are going to try and trade him lol only the jets-will work out as well as letting Riggins go

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    All of the overpaid players on this team and we're going to trade the one guy that's actually worth his contract?

Trade Cro before he starts to lose his athleticism (after next year, ideally) and cut Holmes, Sanchez, and Harris when the cap hits become bearable. Now there's plenty of money to re-sign Revis and go after a number of other guys.
    I would consider giving Revis a contract if we can trade Cro, yes. One of the two will have to go, IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    ^

Sane post. I want to keep Revis just as much as everyone here, but the reality is that he will cripple the salary cap for years to come.

I asked this before, and I'll ask it again. How many games would the Jets have won this season had Revis played the entire season? I will submit that they would have finished 7-9 at best.

Jets showed they can function without him. This year Sanchez and the offense (and many other factors) were the problems, not the lack of Revis.
    Thank you. The idea that we (or anyone else) need(s) Revis is just a silly idea that comes with being starstruck.

When your offense is as bad as ours is, you can't just throw the bank at a CB, no matter how good he is.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I would consider giving Revis a contract if we can trade Cro, yes. One of the two will have to go, IMO.
    This is moronic logic. Did you watch Kyle Wilson play? He can not be a #2 CB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we can get a 1st rounder I would be OK. Not happy that we might have to trade him but it is what it is.

I am sure the only reason why they are entertaining trading him is b.c they were told that he wants to get paid, maybe as early as this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Kyle needs to go too.

If we trade Revis I wouldn't be surprised if we take Milliner @ 9.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hell of a lot closer than we ever got without having the best defensive player in the game (i.e. the prior 40 years)
    MAY be the best defensive player in the game, not IS...

Nobody knows if he can rebound from this injury, a very critical one for a speed and directional-shift position like CB. Maybe he can, maybe he can't, maybe can but he won't be the same. That's a lot of "maybe's"...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    LaCanfora....hahahahahahaaha

I don't believe anything he writes

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We were a top 10 defense and didn't allow a 100 yard receiver all year. Have you looked around the league? You really think you build a franchise around a CB? Really?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    can't wait for this team to use the pick we get in exchange for Revis to draft a bust.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    MAY be the best defensive player in the game, not IS...

Nobody knows if he can rebound from this injury, a very critical one for a speed and directional-shift position like CB. Maybe he can, maybe he can't, maybe can but he won't be the same. That's a lot of "maybe's"...
    He will be neck and neck with Watt for best defensive player in the game when he returns. ACL injuries aren't what they once were (Peterson, Charles, Shumpert, Rose, Rubio)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    This is just stupid. This is the equivalent of selling low instead of high. Sure, teams will be willing to trade for him, but coming off a major injury is not when you are going to get value for a player. Take your chances and see if you can keep him. If you lose Revis, oh well. Happens all the time in sports.
    disagree..your taking a huge risk waiting..theres a very good chance hes not the same player again..your selling his name and his past..i think it would be a huge mistake to wait unless what there getting offered is real garbage at this point...i doubt it!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I could be persuaded with Detroit's #5 PLUS another high pick (2 or 3) or I call Pittsburgh or NO and ask for 2013 and 2014 #1s or he doesn't get traded.

Pre-injury, he was the number defensive player in the league. As far as the injury is concerned, I look at AP.

Even if we make the second year #1 conditional. Like if he plays 50% of the plays and on their playoff roster if they make it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    trade him. 100 million dollar corners dont win super bowls.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He will be neck and neck with Watt for best defensive player in the game when he returns. ACL injuries aren't what they once were (Peterson, Charles, Shumpert, Rose, Rubio)

hopefully thats what other teams think and will pay top $ for him..cant take the chance he re-injures knee in pre-season...if your sentiment is true around the league you sell now!!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember when we had an offense... and a defense that couldn't cover anyone. It doesn't seem that long ago

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    trade the best player on the team...brilliant..
    We are the Mets of football.
    With or without Revis are the Jets a serious contender for the SB next season?

No!

Do you then want to tie up well over 10% of your cap in 2014 with a new contract for a CB (albeit an excellent one)?

No!

Trade him..Get assets (picks) back..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You don't know that. Tom Brady had ACL surgery too and it took him a hella long time for it straighten itself out. If it was an average player with an average paycheck I would say "give it a go", but with Revis you're talking big money and the ability to trade him for high value without taking the risk that he won't ever return to form.

The Jets need lots of help on offense, they really have no choice here, they have to try and move him.