Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 503

Thread: Jets to "Explore" Trading Revis

  1. #261
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,332
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Nope, sorry disagree. We are getting a better WR corps next season even by default with Tone coming back, Hill being full strength and actually having experience, Kerley going back to slot and assuming Idzik isn't stupid he'll resign Edwards and Keller for peanuts. That and healthy Revis makes us at least 9 or 10 wins next season I could care less what the doom n' gloom crowd or Pats trolls with no life think.
    We have NO QB!!! We have no real RB. We have no real threat at WR. We have no pass rush. Our best safety wont be back. And our TE will get an offer somewhere as well. Revis is going to be traded and it's the right thing to do at this point.

  2. #262
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Not to mention, most of the better NFL teams load up the front 7 and short-change the secondary. There's not enough money to be elite at both.

    Logic being that its better to stuff the run, prevent the short underneath throws, and generate a pass rush than to shut down the intermediate and long stuff.

    Any team with a good TE eats us for lunch. Any team with a good RB eats us for lunch. Any team with a good dump-off RB eats us for lunch.

    We need to shift the $ from the secondary to the front 7 to bail us out of the current jam we're in. A great NFL secondary doesn't matter when your front 7 is weaksauce.

    SAR I
    Our run defense will improve next year IF we switch back to a 4-3 and draft speed at the LB position. We were 29th or something like that against the run this year b/c Pouha, Scott, Pace all looked old and done. They're all gone.

    As far as TE goes it's even more reason to hold onto Revis even for 1 more year. Teams like the Saints and Pats who we both face next season they're best playmakers by far are the TE's so Revis can cover them and Cro can take out their #1 WR.

  3. #263
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,370
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    As CBS reported, Jets owner Woody Johnson has expressed concern over Revis's future, and has told people "we have to make a decision" on 24.

    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Revis' contract could create an artificial deadline too -- He's due a $1 million roster bonus on the fifth day of the 2013 league year.

    Anyone know when the 5th day of the 2013 league year is???
    The "league year" is concurrent with the start of free agency, mid-March.

    SAR I

  4. #264
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,263
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    You know you just answered your own question, that's a 1-in-30-years move the Colts pulled off.

    If there was another Luck-type available in the 2014 draft, I'd sign Revis long-term, tank (and I mean tank) the 2013 season, and draft that stud QB in 2014 and go be the reborn Colts just as Belichick and Brady retire.

    But, alas, the NCAA Gods do not like the Jets, and there is no such QB on the horizon. So Revis goes and we rebuild the hard way.

    SAR I
    Damn the curse of Peyton Manning refusing to take Parcells up on his offer.

  5. #265
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    As CBS reported, Jets owner Woody Johnson has expressed concern over Revis's future, and has told people "we have to make a decision" on 24.

    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Revis' contract could create an artificial deadline too -- He's due a $1 million roster bonus on the fifth day of the 2013 league year.

    Anyone know when the 5th day of the 2013 league year is???
    I think early to mid March.

  6. #266
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,370
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Damn the curse of Peyton Manning refusing to take Parcells up on his offer.
    There is no question that the pain of that decision will haunt us, perhaps for our lifetimes.

    It felt good when Pennington beat him in the playoffs, but that was an eternity ago.

    SAR I

  7. #267
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Our run defense will improve next year IF we switch back to a 4-3 and draft speed at the LB position. We were 29th or something like that against the run this year b/c Pouha, Scott, Pace all looked old and done. They're all gone.

    As far as TE goes it's even more reason to hold onto Revis even for 1 more year. Teams like the Saints and Pats who we both face next season they're best playmakers by far are the TE's so Revis can cover them and Cro can take out their #1 WR.
    Why hold onto Revis for only one year, and then have him walk in free agency?

  8. #268
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    We have NO QB!!! We have no real RB. We have no real threat at WR. We have no pass rush. Our best safety wont be back. And our TE will get an offer somewhere as well. Revis is going to be traded and it's the right thing to do at this point.
    QB - Idzik is going after Flynn, I will never stop disagreeing with you about Sanchez

    RB - dime a dozen, if we upgrade at OL by drafting Warmack whoever is our starting RB will get 1,000 yards next season and 4.0 ypc

    WR - Tone and Hill will both be back next year. Kerley is a good slot WR and like I said before if Idzik isn't stupid he will bring back Keller and Edwards for 1 year incentive deals.

    Pass Rush - Coples had 5.5 sacks last year as a 3-4 DE rookie playing limited snaps. Guy is for real. I just hope Rex switches to 4-3 so we see this guy become a beast.

    TE - who is paying Keller big bucks? Please, I want to know.

  9. #269
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,370
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Our run defense will improve next year IF we switch back to a 4-3 and draft speed at the LB position. We were 29th or something like that against the run this year b/c Pouha, Scott, Pace all looked old and done. They're all gone.

    As far as TE goes it's even more reason to hold onto Revis even for 1 more year. Teams like the Saints and Pats who we both face next season they're best playmakers by far are the TE's so Revis can cover them and Cro can take out their #1 WR.
    I don't want to go down the road on being "negative on Idzik" but this is where not having an experienced GM or a personnel guy right now really hurts. About half the roster is going to turn over between now and July, it's frightening to think what his learning curve might mean for the franchise.

    SAR I

  10. #270
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I think early to mid March.
    Thanks. Looks like Revis has 3 million in bonus coming to him BEFORE the start of training camp.

  11. #271
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,869
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    QB - Idzik is going after Flynn, I will never stop disagreeing with you about Sanchez

    RB - dime a dozen, if we upgrade at OL by drafting Warmack whoever is our starting RB will get 1,000 yards next season and 4.0 ypc

    WR - Tone and Hill will both be back next year. Kerley is a good slot WR and like I said before if Idzik isn't stupid he will bring back Keller and Edwards for 1 year incentive deals.

    Pass Rush - Coples had 5.5 sacks last year as a 3-4 DE rookie playing limited snaps. Guy is for real. I just hope Rex switches to 4-3 so we see this guy become a beast.

    TE - who is paying Keller? Please, I want to know.
    Rex will never switch to a 4-3, IMO. Too stubborn in his defensive ways. That's why the defense is predictable now.

  12. #272
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Why hold onto Revis for only one year, and then have him walk in free agency?
    Get back into playoffs next year then have plenty of cap room in 2014 to sign a top 5 CB.

  13. #273
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Rex will never switch to a 4-3, IMO. Too stubborn in his defensive ways. That's why the defense is predictable now.
    Defense was predictable because we didn't have Revis last year. Rex couldn't be as agressive or stack the box - that and Pace, Scott and Pouha looking old caused our Run D to look like crap.

  14. #274
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    I seriously hate this team.... Trade Revis instead of paying him, yet they overpaid all of these average players, let your truly great player walk.... The draft picks we'll get for him will never amount to him in all likely hood.

    I rather trade Cromartie and lock up Revis.

  15. #275
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,332
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    QB - Idzik is going after Flynn, I will never stop disagreeing with you about Sanchez

    RB - dime a dozen, if we upgrade at OL by drafting Warmack whoever is our starting RB will get 1,000 yards next season and 4.0 ypc

    WR - Tone and Hill will both be back next year. Kerley is a good slot WR and like I said before if Idzik isn't stupid he will bring back Keller and Edwards for 1 year incentive deals.

    Pass Rush - Coples had 5.5 sacks last year as a 3-4 DE rookie playing limited snaps. Guy is for real. I just hope Rex switches to 4-3 so we see this guy become a beast.

    TE - who is paying Keller big bucks? Please, I want to know.
    I didn't say Keller will get big bucks. But someone will give him an offer and he will walk. He's an UFA! When healthy he put up some nice numbers with a horrible QB. Some TE hungry team with a real QB will take a chance on Keller. Keller wont be back, I can guarantee that.

  16. #276
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I don't want to go down the road on being "negative on Idzik" but this is where not having an experienced GM or a personnel guy right now really hurts. About half the roster is going to turn over between now and July, it's frightening to think what his learning curve might mean for the franchise.

    SAR I
    We'll be fine. Sh_t isn't rocket science. Cut Tebow, Scott, Pace and the rest of the losers, listen to the scouts and make safe picks in the draft (i.e. - Warmack) and make obvious resign like Bray and Keller.

  17. #277
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Rex will never switch to a 4-3, IMO. Too stubborn in his defensive ways. That's why the defense is predictable now.
    What are you talking about? The Jets play multiple defensive fronts. People are too into labels. "Oh we are a 3-4 team, oh we are a 4-3 team". The Jets play 3-4, 4-3, 46, 3-3-5, 2-3-6... exc.

  18. #278
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,332
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    I seriously hate this team.... Trade Revis instead of paying him, yet they overpaid all of these average players, let your truly great player walk.... The draft picks we'll get for him will never amount to him in all likely hood.

    I rather trade Cromartie and lock up Revis.
    Jets are not locking up Revis. He's gone!! They overpaid some players when they were trying to make a run. We are now going to be in a total rebuild. It's just bad timing. If we were contending Revis would be here. We are years away so we might as well get something nice if we can.

  19. #279
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    I didn't say Keller will get big bucks. But someone will give him an offer and he will walk. He's an UFA! When healthy he put up some nice numbers with a horrible QB. Some TE hungry team with a real QB will take a chance on Keller. Keller wont be back, I can guarantee that.
    No one is giving Keller anything more than a 1 year incentive laden deal which is affordable to the Jets. You guys listen to too many soundbytes from the media about how the Jets are doomed to 1-15 next season and $100 mil over the cap.

  20. #280
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    What are you talking about? The Jets play multiple defensive fronts. People are too into labels. "Oh we are a 3-4 team, oh we are a 4-3 team". The Jets play 3-4, 4-3, 46, 3-3-5, 2-3-6... exc.
    Rex needs nose to run a primarily 3-4 D which is what we have had. Problem is Pouha is done and Ellis hasn't shown the ability to handle a full time gig at Nose. NT's are hard to find. That and Coples can be another JPP or Mario Williams as a 4-3 DE which is why I think we go with primarily 4 man fronts next season.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us