Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets to "Explore" Trading Revis

Veteran
    Greg Cosell talks Revis at 5.30 minutes into his ESPN interview ...

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8876671&s=espn

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    +1000

Jets need to be set up to get Johnny football next year.
    And the biggest crapshoot of all is thinking college success is going to equal NFL success . . .

Tim Tebow
    &
    Colt McCoy
    &
    Matt Leinart
    &
    Danny Weurffel
    &
    Ken Dorsey
    &
    many more - they all say hi
    Last edited by adpz; 01-24-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Revis literally just tweeted "SPEECHLESS!!!" and then deleted it in a span of 30 seconds lol.

This is going to get ugly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Revis literally just tweeted "SPEECHLESS!!!" and then deleted it in a span of 30 seconds lol.

Do you know of any negotiation with Team Revis that wasn't??

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    COMPLETELY false per the horse's mouth, John Idzik himself.

DUMP
    This confirms it to me....Cohen is the leak!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post

Which rumour/press conference do you think Revis was reacting to ?

Darrelle Revis ‏@Revis24
    I'm speechless by far but more importantly I feel more upset for the jet nation for having to go through this!!!
    Darrelle Revis ‏@Revis24
    I guess we'll see how this plays out.
    Revis has spoken

Good, I'm glad Revis is pissed. Jets first a**hole. Sick of Revis's act. Yeah , he wants to bankrupt the team but when the team says they won't have any of that- he's speechless. Piss off man. We did just fine without you.
    Take less money so we can rebuild- but you won't right?
    Yeah Revis doesn't cause problems in the locker room BUT WHEN DID HE EVER STEP UP AND BECOME A LEADER IN THE LOCKER ROOM?
    Answer= NEVER. He just tweets things.

Quote Originally Posted by aagarcia View Post
    Good, I'm glad Revis is pissed. Jets first a**hole. Sick of Revis's act. Yeah , he wants to bankrupt the team but when the team says they won't have any of that- he's speechless. Piss off man. We did just fine without you.
    Take less money so we can rebuild- but you won't right?
    Yeah Revis doesn't cause problems in the locker room BUT WHEN DID HE EVER STEP UP AND BECOME A LEADER IN THE LOCKER ROOM?
    Answer= NEVER. He just tweets things.
    Revis was the leader of the best secondary in football.

Darrelle wants to be a Jet, said it plenty of times.

To me this is not your flashy, bloated INT numbers, right place right time-type CB. This guy police tapes off half the field. You can go into a matchup and not have to worry about the other team's stud WR beating you.

Looking at the talent the Jets have let walk in the past you would think they would learn from their mistakes.

Forget all these posts about defense or offense or coaching winning championships. Good players win championships. We have one, and we are going to let him go for prospects which are likely to NOT pan out!

This isn't the KC Royals, we are a freaking NY team with valuations in the league top 10. Figure it out Idzik, keep 24 in green! Otherwise you will make us all continue to be sick while watching former Jets excel in other uniforms.

All Pro
    Backload this frontloaded punk into a cannon and blast his selfish butt outta town

The high picks received > the dopey SOJF concept of trading down for JAGs

Quote Originally Posted by Wall Street View Post
    Revis was the leader of the best secondary in football.

Darrelle wants to be a Jet, said it plenty of times.

To me this is not your flashy, bloated INT numbers, right place right time-type CB. This guy police tapes off half the field. You can go into a matchup and not have to worry about the other team's stud WR beating you.

Looking at the talent the Jets have let walk in the past you would think they would learn from their mistakes.

Forget all these posts about defense or offense or coaching winning championships. Good players win championships. We have one, and we are going to let him go for prospects which are likely to NOT pan out!

This isn't the KC Royals, we are a freaking NY team with valuations in the league top 10. Figure it out Idzik, keep 24 in green! Otherwise you will make us all continue to be sick while watching former Jets excel in other uniforms.
    Agreed. I hope Idzik can make it happen. If it's not feasible though, I hope he gets traded to a title contender and gets to play in the SB. He's a great player, it'd be a shame if he never got to the big game. He's young though, he has time on his side regardless of where he ends up

Ya i have such mix feeling about this. I love Revis he is going to be an all time great player.

But the value we could get for him will help us rebuild for the future which is what this team needs. We are more then a few players from getting a superbowl. So we could use the depth also. However we really need to keep at least Revis or Cro. No way we can lose both.

But this will definetly have a lot to say about if our GM is a Cap guy or personel guy too. If Revis is traded you know Rex wasn't behind it. If it was up to him Revis would be a Jet for life.

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    And the biggest crapshoot of all is thinking college success is going to equal NFL success . . .

Tim Tebow
    &
    Colt McCoy
    &
    Matt Leinart
    &
    Danny Weurffel
    &
    Ken Dorsey
    &
    many more - they all say hi
    None of those guys had a skillset like Manziel. The only dual threat in the group, Tebow, ran like he had a piano on his back and had the slowest release known to man. Manziel's twice the player Tebow was in college

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

"I don't know where it came from." - Woody Johnson on Revis story.

Once again media trying to stir the pot

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

Not surprised one bit.

Twitter age requires these guys to produce headlines by the minute...annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by odb576 View Post
    Darell Revis IS the best defensive player in football. That isn't an arbitrary statement, it's not an overstatement, it's just a fact. The man shuts down number one wide outs week in and week out. He's beyond reliable, he works hard, and in relation to his output and the market the man deserves what he gets paid.

People calling this dude "mevis" are just complete morons. Would anyone else asking for fair market value based off their position and their abilities be called "me-XXX" NO. The dude plays football. Which entails physical ridiculousness on a person's body and allows people to live through him. AND HE'S A FUTURE HALL OF FAMER.

The dude ISN'T going to get QB money despite what is said on this board constantly. His current deal is based off the Raider's asinine Nnamdi contract. Which won't happen again. He WILL be the highest paid player at his position though as he deserves to be. We can afford to pay Revis in that capacity.

The NFL cap is one of the most widly misunderstood things in sports. It's been said over and over again teams can work within and around the cap to keep the players they need in order to field a competitive team. Revis isn't, and never will be, the problem. Has he held out in the past? Yes. And you know what? Rightly so. The dude deserves to get paid for his abilities. He didn't cripple the team with his current contract. And his next one wouldn't cripple the team ever.

Everyone on this board is obsessd with getting a pass rusher. But you know what? A player who shuts down half a field and you KNOW will take a player as fantastic as Calvin Johnson almost entirely out of a game is more valubal than said pass rusher. You know why? Because he can make a DE or OLB who is half decent look GREAT by executing. Our pass rushers haven't been great for years, but our secondary has made the sub par pass rush more effective than it would be otherwise.

Trading Revis just because he can't be franchised next year is a mistake. If we get a solid return than yes, it can be forgiven. But a HOF player almost NEVER gets traded for even 90 cents on the dollar. He won't cripple the cap. And if Cro keeps playing the way he did this year our secondary, and especially if we retain Landry, our secondary will be impossible to throw on.

Offense is the issue. It had been for 10 years. Keep the best defensive player in football. Fix the offense. This team isn't in as dire straights as people would have you believe. Fix the o-line. Get a RB. Get a QB to challenge Sanchez. Learn to score some GD points.

And keep the best defensive player in football. Better than Demarcus Ware. Better than JJ Watt. Better than Clay Matthews. Better than Ed Reed. Better than anyone else you can name. Because being paid as the best CB in the NFL doesn't mean getting paid as a QB. Because he'll be great into his 30s. And because closing off half a field week in and week out does more to effect a game than 90% of the posters here realize. JESUS. H. CHRIST.
    Calling Revis the best Defensive player in the NFL is like calling a Left Tackle the best Offensive player in the NFL. They don't really do much, other than take away the other teams beat weapon. A CB like Revis takes away the Offenses beat WR, while the Left Tackle neutralizes the other teams best pass rusher.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    None of those guys had a skillset like Manziel. The only dual threat in the group, Tebow, ran like he had a piano on his back and had the slowest release known to man. Manziel's twice the player Tebow was in college
    Only guy I'd be willing to hear offers for 24 for.

And he's 20 years old...lol

Let's play who's going to suck the most in 2014 and target their 1st?

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Calling Revis the best Defensive player in the NFL is like calling a Left Tackle the best Offensive player in the NFL. They don't really do much, other than take away the other teams beat weapon. A CB like Revis takes away the Offenses beat WR, while the Left Tackle neutralizes the other teams best pass rusher.
    It's not an impact that's going to be shown on Sportscenter every week.

It's funner to watch a Chad Johnson or Steve Smith (both in 2011 form) get completely frustrated for 60 minutes than watch a pass rusher tackle the QB once a game, IMO, but I'm definitely in the minority here.

I think the people on ESPN radio interpreted this tweet correctly. This was to put Revis on notice saying "If you want to be a Jet so badly, then work with us to renegotiate"

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

More like Johnson working on damage control.