Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Jets to "Explore" Trading Revis

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    For the company to continue running? You have lost it. You take as much as you can get. It's not rocket science. You are looking at it from a fans perspective and not a business prospective. Yes id like him to play for the average wage a CB gets paid. However, this is the real world my friend. I'd be willing to bet that you are a "yes" man. Just a wild, but probably accurate, guess.
    No that's stupid. If you made 8 million a year, and hated the place, but could make 6.5 mil a year someplace you were happy you'd be a fool to stay there. Do you really live better on 8 mil over 6.5 mil?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    lol, you're right. Might having been pushing it a little with adding a number 1. Revis straight up for Watt? I think the Texans would be nuts not to make that deal. Revis is still the top defensive player in the NFL, and they're a lot closer to being a SB team then we are. Any GM in the league would make that deal straight up.imo
    Revis wouldnt net even close to Watt.

You have to keep in mind, he wants top 5 NFL player (not just CB) money and is one year away from absolute unrestricted free agency. Not to mention he had a season ending injury in Week 3.

Id target Chicago (Rodgers/Tron), Minnesota(Rodgers/Tron), Washington/Dallas (just because of the owners) and Tampa Bay(NFC South and tons of cap). Pray one of them wants to give up their 1st.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    No that's stupid. If you made 8 million a year, and hated the place, but could make 6.5 mil a year someplace you were happy you'd be a fool to stay there. Do you really live better on 8 mil over 6.5 mil?
    Thank you, some people are just not bright enough to understand this. It's "kill the golden goose" mentality.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Revis wouldnt net even close to Watt.

You have to keep in mind, he wants top 5 NFL player (not just CB) money and is one year away from absolute unrestricted free agency. Not to mention he had a season ending injury in Week 3.

Id target Chicago (Rodgers/Tron), Minnesota(Rodgers/Tron), Washington/Dallas (just because of the owners) and Tampa Bay(NFC South and tons of cap). Pray one of them wants to give up their 1st.
    according to who?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    according to who?
    According to every source out there over the past two years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    according to who?
    Me. I scooped it.

Everything Ive heard regarding him is he doesnt just want to be the top paid CB (which in 2010, the Jets were more than willing to do) but to be one of top paid players in football. Maybe top 5 is hyperbolic but its pretty much a reference to the fact he wants quarterback money and his actions do nothing to disprove that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Players have held out for less. So yes I'd say you do live better.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    How could anyone support trading the best player in the history of the Jets? What the hell is wrong with you people?
    Thank you! Hoping big time this is just a negotiating ploy. With Revis and Cromartie and Landry we have a fire and forget defense in a passing league. Let the cap geniuses figure out how to build an O-line, dump holMEs, get a running back and we are ready for an SB run.

Yes, Sanchez will be here next year, time to figure out how to build an offense that can sustain him.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aagarcia View Post
    What a ridiculous question. If I was in the top percentile highest paid individuals in my industry and they told me that I had to take a cut in order for the company to continue running AND if I said that I wanted to absolutely stay at that organization until I retired..............then yes.

You make it sound like he's a mid level manager at some factory and he's been given an ultimatum. What other industry do you see a person renegotiate a contract year after year AFTER just agreeing to one. Absurd. Use some common sense please.
    However when you work at a job where at the best you might work 12 yrs and your career can end at any minute it changes the stakes. It is not like Revis is personally bankrupting Woody. woody will still have a very valuable team once Revis is gone. Revis can change his family for generations

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Thank you! Hoping big time this is just a negotiating ploy. With Revis and Cromartie and Landry we have a fire and forget defense in a passing league. Let the cap geniuses figure out how to build an O-line, dump holMEs, get a running back and we are ready for an SB run.

Yes, Sanchez will be here next year, time to figure out how to build an offense that can sustain him.
    Please turn off Madden. Yeah, and then we'll trade for Aaron Rodgers and be ABSOLUTELY set. Wow, just wow.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

If we offered the Texans Revis for Watt, much less Watt and a 1st, the Texans would laugh in our faces, tell us to go f*ck ourselves, and then slam the phone on the ringer.
    Never mind they also have Jackson and Joesph.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    Idzik hinted that it will be about WE and not ME...
    Sounds like a shot at players who hold out, namely Revis...
    Let Revis hold out and boycott playing for us next year. He'll have a fun time trying to get that $100 million contract after not having played football for almost 2 seasons. Revis has no leverage at least as little as he possibly could have. If the Jets don't give him a payday he absolutely has to play balls out for us next season to get his payday with another team.

Meanwhile you guys are way too reactionary with the whole "we gotta trade Revis or lose him for nothin". The Texans lost Mario Williams for nothing - their defense did just fine. Jets ranked second in total passing yards last season with Kyle Wilson as our #2 CB - we could lose Revis in 2014, sign a good UFA CB or simply trade a mid-round pick for Asoumgha who will be available and recover.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 01-24-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    Revis to the Texans for JJ Watt and a number 1. Revis is worth 2 number one's. Watt, Mo and Coples would b scary up front, and finally give us a quality pass rush. Texans are one Player(of Revis's talent) from going all the way in Philips defense. .
    if the Texans make this trade, they`ll be 3 players away from the SB. And thats just a straight up trade(Watt for Revis).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did anybody else watch NFL Network when they said that Revis was taken aback by the most recent comments because right before he went under the knife in the hospital room for the surgery, Mike T asked him if he had any recommendations on who they should sign as his replacement. Now, I heard that and just figured either Mike T was joking or was just asking about a temporary replacement. NFL Network made it seem different the way they talked about it. I hope this isn't lousy reporting again.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Did anybody else watch NFL Network when they said that Revis was taken aback by the most recent comments because right before he went under the knife in the hospital room for the surgery, Mike T asked him if he had any recommendations on who they should sign as his replacement. Now, I heard that and just figured either Mike T was joking or was just asking about a temporary replacement. NFL Network made it seem different the way they talked about it. I hope this isn't lousy reporting again.
    Lousy reporting? From the NFL Network? The same network that employs Heath Evans and LT as "analysts"? NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why are there so many Revis threads? I think they started 10 more today even though this original one was here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Not a total rebuild. Indy did that last year and made the playoffs; we are a 40% REBUILD TEAM.
    Agree. Cincy did a total rebuild 2 years ago too after a 2-14 season. The Jets were not a 2 win team. Even with all the injuries, the team still won 6 games that easily could've been 8/9 (Pitt, Hou, NE, TN, Buff) take your pick?

Jets defense needs an OLB and getting younger at LB. It is a move/two away from being an elite defense again imo.

The offense is another story. After years of neglect, this unit needs a significant overhaul. Keep Bray, but add another top level WR. With Kerly, Holmes, imo, that is decent WR corps. Upgrade the OL and RB position too. Do not look at QB position in this draft. Let's see if Sanchez can perform again if he has talent around him. If not, cut his azz next year.

One other point, I am disappointed too at the results this past season. As well as our cap situation. However, to be fair to Tannenbaum and Jets brass, they rolled the dice to get a Superbowl and fell just short. Only a few teams can claim going to the championship game 2 years in a row -- Baltimore, SF, NE (those 3 in the last 2 seasons). Many other teams have not sniffed that kind of success. Yes, we didn't win it but we came damn close to getting somewhere that has eluded this franchise the past 44 years.

P.S. LMAO at those who blame Denver's loss on Champ Bailey. Yes, his play was poor. However, P. Manning with his 4 turnovers -- that led to Baltimore scores totaling 24 points -- including game winning 3 points in OT. Oh, and that high powered led Manning offense scored only 3 TDs (2 of Denver's scores were off of ko returns).
    Last edited by jetssjumets; 01-27-2013 at 02:18 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    If we don't trade him, he walks in 2014 and we get nothing to show for it but (maybe) a compensatory 3rd? **** that.
    If Revis walks, Jets do get something to show for it. It's a $9 mil dead CAP money hit for 2014. That's a precious amount of money. It's money the Jets could use to target quality FAs for the team. Landry was signed for $4 mil. So Jets would lose the opportunity to sign quality veterans if they lose that $9 mil.

The Revis extension given in 2010 turned into another bad contract for Jets. They gave away the franchise tag, and any leverage to negotiate a fair landing spot on a new Revis contract.

Jets now have only two choices. Either pay Revis Mario Williams $100 mil type money, or Revis walks...costing the Jets $9 mil dead money for 2014.

So it's pay Revis what he wants...or trade him...no other choice.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have to trade him. Regardless If you want to admit it, this year is a dead year. The NFL is a business. Maximize your assets ala Revis.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's hilarious how everyone is complaining about the bad contracts given to Holmes, Sanchez and Harris yet they want to hand out the mother of all bad contracts to Revis.

You don't pay a corner franchise QB money, regardless of how great he is.

Hey, if you guys want to sit back and watch a plethora of 7-9 and 8-8 seasons just so we can watch Revis run step for step with the opposing teams #1 receiver every Sunday, then that's your MO. I just pray that Idzik isn't that goddamn stupid.

The obvious smart thing to do is trade Revis to the highest bidder and replenish this offense with some high draft picks.

I don't know about you, but watching your team struggle every week just to put 10 points on the board is pretty damn frustrating, not to mention incredibly boring.

But yeah, let's tie up almost 15% of our available cap for the forseeable future in a f*cking CB.

Sounds like a winning formula.