Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets to "Explore" Trading Revis

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    As a Jets fan, you take that trade and run as fast as you can.

As a Texans fan, you get sick to your stomach and wonder why you did it.

Hypothetical example:

Revis covers Andre Johnson, so Schaub can't throw to just him, but will look to other options.

Watt puts pressure on Schaub, who can't throw to any receiver cleanly.

Big difference.
    Exactly.

We have seen it hundreds of times. QBs ignore Revis and kill us elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Exactly.

We have seen it hundreds of times. QBs ignore Revis and kill us elsewhere.
    Not to say doesn't help make the defense better, but honestly, I've asked this so many times and no one answers:

IF Revis played this entire season, what is the Jets' 2012 record?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    Lol exactly.. The best player in Jet history, sadly, is a corner. Paying him 15 mil a year would be idiotic. I'd rather build a team then have a HoF CB.
    That's the sad fact that CBs can only cover one guy. If that guy is not a QB then paying him QB money would be worse than drafting an OG(that can only block one guy) in the top 10. You pay game changers QB money, not CBs, and not guards. If we can turn him into a QB, or an edge rusher then I'll be happy that we finally have a grown up running the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    How did paying Nnamdi work out for the eagles??
    revis is a MUCH better player -we ALREADY know what Revis has done for us

All League

Hypothetical example:

Revis covers Andre Johnson, so Schaub can't throw to just him, but will look to other options.

Big difference.
    Well Watt can be double-teamed with a legitimate blocking TE and tackle. Revis completely shuts out their number one offensive weapon. Granted, both players cannot do it alone. But let's face it, Revis has been good every game he plays, ever. Watt has done it for one year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    neither do 54 million dollar qbs (sanchez)

keep the worst qb in the league but trade the best cb.................yes we are the jets.
    Your post doesnt make sense because if Sanchez had real value the Jets woukd trade him too.

This is about accumulating assets. Revis doesnt play a premium position but wants premium money the Jets cant afford to pay. This trade can completely reshape the franchise if the team gets lucky.

Think of the Hershel Walker trade and want it did for the Cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Well Watt can be double-teamed with a legitimate blocking TE and tackle. Revis completely shuts out their number one offensive weapon. Granted, both players cannot do it alone. But let's face it, Revis has been good every game he plays, ever. Watt has done it for one year.
    This is correct, and a good point, but I believe we used Watt as an example.

Would you rather have had a Bruce Smith type player (DE pass rusher?) or Revis? I believe both are of similar caliber at their respective positions (Revis will most likely be a HOFer IF he comes back from the knee injury, which all signs point to).

I also wonder if this isn't being used as a warning shot to Revis, telling him not to mess with us.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Hypothetical example:

Big difference.
    Not that simple

My answer will be that Watt does that only a handful of times a game. One sack per game? Over most of his career will average less. What did he do in the playoffs? Disappeared?

Revis shut AJ on his own, saves 12+ completions and shuts off half the field. Against the other teams best. Without have to shift around looking for a weak spot on a OL to attack.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 01-23-2013 at 09:23 PM.

Hypothetical example:

Big difference.
    Bingo. I've told people that NUMEROUS times, but no one listens.

John, if I'm trying to kill you and I have multiple weapons to do so, would you rather take one weapon away from me or separate me from the weapons all together?

This is simple stuff, fellas.

After holding out two years ago for more money, which he got, there was a strong chance he was going to do it again. Coming off an injury like his was a roll of the dice..if he played well he was going to ask for a lot more money and if not he would have been overpaid. The way Champ Baily got lit up in the playoffs Denver could use him and if we can get a couple of good draft picks for him to help make this team better than so be it. I mean how much money is enough ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Go ahead and trade the best player in the history of the team for a bad draft pick in the worst draft in years. See how that works out.
    So you would make him one of the highest paid players in the NFL, at cornerback, when we say no real defensive drop off this year without him, and cripple the rest of the team?

Two options for Revis:

1. Trade him for a 1st or multiple picks this year
    2. Lose him in 2014 and maybe get a compensatory 3rd

No way he signs a reasonable extension and no way we sign him in FA.

I take option 1 and never look back.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

John, if I'm trying to kill you and I have multiple weapons to do so, would you rather take one weapon away from me or separate me from the weapons all together?

Buddy, I'm indestructible, so that's a bad analogy.

Long story short, I want to see Revis in a Jets uniform. I love the fact that we shame high profile elite receivers to 0 catches an 0 yards.

BUT, we can't score when we need to.

Defense keeps you from losing a game.

Offense wins the game.

You need both.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Youre missing the big picture here. Watt getting double teamed takes away another receiver because the TE is used to block and, now, other pass rushers have an opportunity to get to the QB and take away any throw.

Revis, on the other hand, takes away just one receiver. Leaving other WRs and the TE that wouldve been blocking a passrusher free to catch passes.

Let's be real about this. Do you think there is any chance the Jets get 2 first round picks back for him AND they combine to equal the value of Darrelle Revis?

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I also wonder if this isn't being used as a warning shot to Revis, telling him not to mess with us.
    He doesn't care who pays him, as long as they pay him.

Buddy, I'm indestructible, so that's a bad analogy.

Long story short, I want to see Revis in a Jets uniform. I love the fact that we shame high profile elite receivers to 0 catches an 0 yards.

BUT, we can't score when we need to.

Defense keeps you from losing a game.

Offense wins the game.

You need both.
    Well, not all of us can score 4 TDs in one game, John.

I'd love for Revis to stay in a Jets uniform for his entire career, but we're not going to be able to afford him. And, considering how many holes we have on this team, it would be irresponsible to throw MORE money at a CB who we don't even need.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    not at all surprised by this............

44 years and counting and people wonder why. because decisions like this are what the jets do.

dammit
    I'm certainly not a Woody/Rex supporter by any stretch, however, best player the Jets have had or not he costs way too much for a cornerback. Especially one who's proven he'll squeeze every dime he can out of his employer whatever it takes to accomplish it. No thanks. We could replace his salary paying for good depth players at several position or two quality starters at positions of need.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

The thing about that is, your weapons consist of a gun, a knife, a sling shot and a belt. If i take your gun away, i like my chances with the other weapons.

Hope that makes sense.

...and i fade back to black.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJets4life View Post
    He doesn't care who pays him, as long as they pay him.
    I believe this. Revis loves money. He's super competitive, but will overlook his competitiveness to make a buck.