Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets to "Explore" Trading Revis

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    I seriously hate this team.... Trade Revis instead of paying him, yet they overpaid all of these average players, let your truly great player walk.... The draft picks we'll get for him will never amount to him in all likely hood.

I rather trade Cromartie and lock up Revis.
    Actually a better idea. I doubt Cro ever plays at this level ever again. He'll be good but not all-world like last season. Giants or Falcons might actually offer us a 1st they're so desperate for DB help and Cro won't need a $100 mil contract like Revis.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    No one is giving Keller anything more than a 1 year incentive laden deal which is affordable to the Jets. You guys listen to too many soundbytes from the media about how the Jets are doomed to 1-15 next season and $100 mil over the cap.
    What are you talking about? Worse TE's then Keller hit the market and get mutiple year deals. He didn't have a major injury. No young TE hits the FA market and gets a 1 year deal. You're so full of crap and have no clue. Keller easily gets a 3 year deal prob 4.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    What are you talking about? Worse TE's then Keller hit the market and get mutiple year deals. He didn't have a major injury. No young TE hits the FA market and gets a 1 year deal. You're so full of crap and have no clue. Keller easily gets a 3 year deal prob 4.
    A Tight End who cannot block and was injured basically the entire 2012 season is getting a 3-4 year deal. Ok.

would hate to see a rival team pick up Revis if he doesn't get traded...at least trading you have some leverage where he goes

This is a BAD SIGN for JETS Revis is no Dion Sanders and look how many times Dion was traded. Dion was traded to other teams so he could win numerous SB's.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Actually a better idea. I doubt Cro ever plays at this level ever again. He'll be good but not all-world like last season. Giants or Falcons might actually offer us a 1st they're so desperate for DB help and Cro won't need a $100 mil contract like Revis.
    Something that we all need to be on sync on or we'll never be on the same starting point in this Revis discussion:

The Jets aren't going to have a winning season again for at least two years.

So from that frame of reference, by the time we're ready to compete for the 6 seed it'll be 2015 and Darrelle Revis will have lost a step and be sitting with a fat Jets contract. He'll be David Harris II and a liability, not a strength.

Those who want to hold onto a luxury like a shut-down CB when we have so many other problems are those who think we can be a playoff team next year, just flick that magic Parcells switch again like we have since 1996. Not happening this time.

SAR I

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

A Tight End who cannot block and was injured basically the entire 2012 season is getting a 3-4 year deal. Ok.
    He's a young UFA. He will absolutely get a multiple year deal. Most likely 3. Keller can't block and was injured yet you want to sign him..lol.You're clueless. I'm done with all this.. We'll see in a few months.

1. Revis will be traded

2. Keller will get more then a 1 year deal from someone. It could be the Jets but either way he will get more then a 1 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    This is a BAD SIGN for JETS Revis is no Dion Sanders and look how many times Dion was traded. Dion was traded to other teams so he could win numerous SB's.
    Yes, SBs with jags like...Troy Aikman, Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, Steve Young, and Emmit Smith.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Dieon Sanders was never traded.

He was on so many teams because he signed with them as a free agent.

I don't want to trade revis. He's one of the few home grown HOF talents this team has ever had. Unfortunately, we don't have a choice...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    I don't want to trade revis. He's one of the few home grown HOF talents this team has ever had. Unfortunately, we don't have a choice...
    None of us truly "want" to trade Revis. He's our best player. But we need so much help, have little money and 10-12 positions to fill. If we can get a nice haul it's something that makes sense. If we were going to contend in the next year or 2 fine. But we have to rebuild. We need soo much help! It's bad timing with Revis, it happens. Carolina had to let Peppers walk for nothing. Same with Houston and their former #1 overall pick DE. We can't afford to lose him for a comp pick. Trade him before that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Dieon Sanders was never traded.

He was on so many teams because he signed with them as a free agent.
    Im still not getting good vibes about this..

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Something that we all need to be on sync on or we'll never be on the same starting point in this Revis discussion:

The Jets aren't going to have a winning season again for at least two years.

So from that frame of reference, by the time we're ready to compete for the 6 seed it'll be 2015 and Darrelle Revis will have lost a step and be sitting with a fat Jets contract. He'll be David Harris II and a liability, not a strength.

Those who want to hold onto a luxury like a shut-down CB when we have so many other problems are those who think we can be a playoff team next year, just flick that magic Parcells switch again like we have since 1996. Not happening this time.

SAR I
    Come on. You know David Harris is fine. The problem is he has to cover the entire field in a 3-4 because all the LBs around him suck and don't do anything. It's not a coincidence that his "problems" began at the same time as the massive decline of Scott and the use of Pace's cloaking device (..and add the BT injury). Just call a spade a spade. We don't need Revis if we can generate a pass rush and we could sure use an abundance of quality draft picks if a trade would bring them.
    Last edited by escamoter2; 01-23-2013 at 11:34 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    None of us truly "want" to trade Revis. He's our best player. But we need so much help, have little money and 10-12 positions to fill.
    And you can turn your sets off there. That's it, plain and simple.

If it were a QB we were talking about, different story. A great QB can win you an incremental 5 games even on a team with lousy talent elsewhere. But a great CB?

I can't think of a single game in the 2012 season that we won or lost because of Darrelle Revis. He eliminates 20% of an opponents offense, no question. But the 80% that remained had no issue at all in destroying our defense. Proof-positive was that fact that even after his injury, opposing teams didn't need to beat us deep to win; they just continued to push us around on the LOS and right between the LB's.

SAR I

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Come on. You know David Harris is fine. The problem is he has to cover the entire field in a 3-4 because all the LBs around him suck and don't do anything.
    He's certainly not a liability, but his contract is terrible. He got more guaranteed money than Patrick Willis.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    He's certainly not a liability, but his contract is terrible. He got more guaranteed money than Patrick Willis.
    Agreed somewhat on that part. The structure was awful. This team is so bad we are wasting the peak years of Revis AND Harris.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Come on. You know David Harris is fine. The problem is he has to cover the entire field in a 3-4 because all the LBs around him suck and don't do anything. It's not a coincidence that his "problems" began at the same time as the massive decline of Scott and the use of Pace's cloaking device (..and add the BT injury). Just call a spade a spade. We don't need Revis if we can generate a pass rush and we could sure use an abundance of quality draft picks if a trade would bring them.
    I disagree completely.

I didn't see David Harris make a single great play all season. Just saw him whiffing on RB's and TE's as they whizzed right by him. He's not the David Harris we fell in love with and gave that big contract to. He plays old and slow even if that's not the case.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    He will be neck and neck with Watt for best defensive player in the game when he returns. ACL injuries aren't what they once were (Peterson, Charles, Shumpert, Rose, Rubio)
    Locking up 22-25 million of cap for two DBs is moronic.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Seriously?

Revis covers the opposing teams #1 WR.

Opposing team elects not to throw to their #1 WR.

Revis is taken completly out of the game.

Good offensive teams in the NFL do not rely on one WR to win football games.
    LOL, just shows how good he is eh, other teams taking revis out of the game? He totaly neutrailes the others teams best receiver pretty well every single game and makes teams pay if they go his way. The things a defense can do knowing that their best cb can eliminate the other teams best wr is amazing.

Trade him? Yes I can see why they wouldd explore it but they better not be dumping him off for low value, that would be idiotic and show that Idzik is a soft touch. As for his huge deal, as others have said, too bad the jets have garbage like sanchez and holmes eating up their cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I disagree completely.

I didn't see David Harris make a single great play all season. Just saw him whiffing on RB's and TE's as they whizzed right by him. He's not the David Harris we fell in love with and gave that big contract to. He plays old and slow even if that's not the case.

SAR I
    I disagree completely with you and I am shocked that this is coming from somebody who hates our other LBs like Scott. I thought Harris played well the second half of the season.

What, you don't like the "lighter" defense? Blame you know who.