Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets to "Explore" Trading Revis

Jets Insider VIP
    You have to know that teams aren't calling the Jets and saying, "Hey, we'll give you a 5th rounder for Revis."

Because of the caliber of player any team seriously calling the Jets have to be willing to give up good draft compensation.

All Pro
    This team is gonna be bad for a long time.. It's ashamed I hate to see Revis go. All he has ever done is perform at a high level and be a model citizen .

This will be almost as bad as when the redskins traded champ for portis who has been out the league for a few years now . While champ is on his way to the HOF regardless of what happen in the recent playoff game ..

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The way Champ Bailey got owned that last game the Broncos would be a good fit. They would have Peyton Manning lobbying for it I'm sure after what REvis did to the colts a few years back. They also must know that despite Manning looking so great the window for him is not going to be overly long.

Washington could be a destination as well, they were 30th against the pass last year. Tampa Bay was dead last vs the pass but they still may think of themselves in rebuild phase. As horrifying as this sounds to some the Giants could be a destination as well, 28th vs the pass last year. Their DB's got exposed when their pass rush did not dominate.
    I'd say the teams we probably would not trade him to are the Giants and anyone in the AFC East (especially the Pats). Only thing Giants have going for them to overcome the absurdity of trading him within the city is that their draft pick is far more attractive than some of the other teams I mentioned.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    You have to know that teams aren't calling the Jets and saying, "Hey, we'll give you a 5th rounder for Revis."

Because of the caliber of player any team seriously calling the Jets have to be willing to give up good draft compensation.
    Is there any team out there that has multiple 1st or 2nd round draft picks?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Cincinnati has 2 second round picks and 50 million in cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    If you think eliminating a team's best receiving playmaker impacts only one guy then youre clueless
    You're absolutely right. I understand the other side of the coin also. Trading Revis when they can get something for him isn't a bad idea. With that said I feel some people are completely undstating what Revis brings to this team.

Taking away an opposing team's most potent receiving threat(eg Calvin Johnson, AJ Green etc)frees up the D to do so many other things. Blitz, roll coverages to other players; it can even impact the run D. To put things into perspective, the Jets during their playoff run 2 years ago were able to contain the Colts', Pats', and Steelers' passing attacks; all without a dominant pass rusher and with Pool and Eric Smith as the 2 starting safeties (albeit on the road).

As good as players like JJ Watt, Von Miller, Demarcus Ware are elite teams can game plan for them. Both the Patriots and Ravens were able to put up serious numbers through the air against the Texans and Broncos respectively.

The Giants' defense was successful in the post season last year because they had three pass rushers that played at a high level. They also benefited by facing teams that were relatively one dimensional on offense; this played into their strengths. The teams they played were either pass heavy (Patriots and Packers) or run heavy (49ers).

Hall Of Fame
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    RT @ProFootballTalk: Rex Ryan doesn't want to trade Revis http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-trade-revis/

Good to see Woody and Rex are on the same page.....LOL

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Cincinnati has 2 second round picks and 50 million in cap space.
    Bengals were #7 in pass defense last year.

Is there a need for a high-priced CB?

I'd look for teams that are on the playoff bubble with crappy secondaries.

Jets Insider VIP
    The Rams have 2 1st rounders this year (16 and 22) and the Bengals have 2 2nd rounders as does the Fins.

The Rams could be a possibility in trading 1 of their 1st rounders and a 2nd or 3rd rounder, or a 2014 2nd.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    RT @ProFootballTalk: Rex Ryan doesn't want to trade Revis http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-trade-revis/

Rex needs to win now. He doesn't want to rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I'd say the teams we probably would not trade him to are the Giants and anyone in the AFC East (especially the Pats). Only thing Giants have going for them to overcome the absurdity of trading him within the city is that their draft pick is far more attractive than some of the other teams I mentioned.
    I agree with you but I would have no problem at all trading him to the giants if they gave the best offer. optics mean nothing to me.

The Bucs happen to be the best fit.

They have a lot of cap room and desperate need for a CB.

They are also not in our division nor are they a "rival"

Unfortunately they dont have multiple picks in the top rounds this year so any deal would have to include a 2014 draft pick.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr

Of course he doesn't. thanks REx for your opinion, then slam the door in his face. I only hope and pray that Idzek has the balls to tell REx to stfu and get out.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

Unfortunately they dont have multiple picks in the top rounds this year so any deal would have to include a 2014 draft pick.
    Due to the injury and contract situation I could see a deal where the Jets get a 2nd or 3rd rounder this year and a 1st the next year or a conditional 1st. I wouldn't mind that at all.

Next year after Sanchez is gone and perhaps we get out from under the cap problems we have two 1st rounders and a lot of flex to get good players or package and trade up.

All Pro
    Bengals were #7 in pass defense last year.

Is there a need for a high-priced CB?

I'd look for teams that are on the playoff bubble with crappy secondaries.
    That could describe the 2013 Patriots, no?

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr

I don't think Woody WANTS to trade Revis either.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

My feeling is that it would be better to trade Cro and retain Revis long term but if we do a deal with the Bucs I would take a 2014 1st and 2013 1st all day. Maybe even a 2nd + 4th in 2013 and 1st in 2014 gets the deal done for me.

We could trade the 4th for Flynn and parlay the 2nd into Nassib or BAQB. Still maintain an extra 1st in 2014 that could turn into another QB if Flynn and Rookie QB both falter.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    That could describe the 2013 Patriots, no?
    I'd love to see Revis on the Pats.

Even though he is the best CB in the NFL, BB would never put up with his attitude or contract demands.

See Milloy, Law, Samuel, and Seymour for examples.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    My feeling is that it would be better to trade Cro and retain Revis long term but if we do a deal with the Bucs I would take a 2014 1st and 2013 1st all day. Maybe even a 2nd + 4th in 2013 and 1st in 2014 gets the deal done for me.

We could trade the 4th for Flynn and parlay the 2nd into Nassib or BAQB. Still maintain an extra 1st in 2014 that could turn into another QB if Flynn and Rookie QB both falter.

Id love to move Cro instead of Revis and Id push the Bucs hard for a second round pick.

The problem we face though is that if Revis comes back healty, we face a team throwing him a boatload and getting nothing in return for him.

He is just SO unreasonable in his contract demands.....its conceivable he could hold out 3 or 4 times more in his career.

I'd love to see Revis on the Pats.

Even though he is the best CB in the NFL, BB would never put up with his attitude or contract demands.

See Milloy, Law, Samuel, and Seymour for examples.
    LOL at your comparison.

When those guys were up for contracts they weren't nearly the player Revis has been. Ty Law was probably the bset of the bunch and he was just a "really good" Corner when he came to the Jets.

When the Pats clearly have the leagues best player at a position, Gronkowski, Bellichick broke the bank and gave him the highest contract for a TE in NFL history.