Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets to "Explore" Trading Revis

Veteran
    All across the league the best players at their position basically play out their careers with the same team - whether it's an elite QB, ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Polomalu, etc.

Only in Jets-land would we be considering trading a player like Revis for what would likely be a 2nd round pick. Oh - but we did it before with Abraham!

I am by no means saying we write Revis a blank check or even make him the highest paid player: make him a fair offer and let the cards fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    I suppose we are. If the contract is going to be too big and you can get 3 picks back for him (2 1's), it may be worth it. Rookies nowadays don't make much money so you do have the opportunity to add multiple cost-controlled young players and also fill additional needs through free agency.

It's not farfetched to say that the Jets could legitimately fill 4 starting spots with good players by trading Revis.
    what team is going to give 2 1st's + additional picks for revis, then turn around and give him that mega contract that has all jets fans worried? I can't think of any team that would be willing to do that at all

the Jets waited too long. He`s basically worthless unless the Jets can find an idiot owner. He`s damaged goods now. He was worth something 2 years ago. Now? He`s just a greedy holdout with an injury history. He`s basically worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    All across the league the best players at their position basically play out their careers with the same team - whether it's an elite QB, ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Polomalu, etc.

Only in Jets-land would we be considering trading a player like Revis for what would likely be a 2nd round pick. Oh - but we did it before with Abraham!

I am by no means saying we write Revis a blank check or even make him the highest paid player: make him a fair offer and let the cards fall where they may.
    those others were team players that never demanded what Revis will want

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    what team is going to give 2 1st's + additional picks for revis, then turn around and give him that mega contract that has all jets fans worried? I can't think of any team that would be willing to do that at all
    Then don't trade him.

Taking away an opposing teams #1 WR is more valuable then making them use a blocking TE... Plus revis doesn't require safety help so it frees them up to do other things. Personally I'd rather keep revis and try to draft real pass rushers and build a dominant D instead of a 'good' D and a mediocre O. Unless we're talking a Herschel walker deal which I don't see happening
    Hard to build a dominate d when you don't have the money to do so. Rushing the QB to make bad throws and decisions with a pass rush makes every corner better. It goes way past just a blocking te.

A team like the Bengals would take Revis. They feel that they're that one player away from becoming elite.

Bengals can afford it.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    establish a deadly offense for the first time under Rex.
    Can that even be done, even if we trade Revis?

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    neither do 54 million dollar qbs (sanchez)

keep the worst qb in the league but trade the best cb.................yes we are the jets.
    two separate discussions, stay on track.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Don't want to trade him but if some team is dumb enough time over pay for him, we would be stupid not listen
    I think the Jets can move Revis relatively easily (and get good value for him) as long as he has no setbacks with his recovery and quite honestly, with the shape this team is in right now, it's the right thing to do and the right time to do it.

If we can get Denver to bite, is Revis for 6'8 QB Brock Osweiller and a 2nd/3rd too unrealistic for you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    two separate discussions, stay on track.
    Another thread can be started for exit strategy on Sanchez,

Which is the end of the 2013 season, IMO. HE's cuttable after that.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    No he wasn't. Nnamdi was strictly a boundry corner and was a great one, but he never proved he could do what Revis could do, however Revis proved 10x over he was capable of what Nnamdi was and more.
    Regardless of whether Nnamdi was actually on par with him isn't really the point. We could debate that for pages. At the end of the day he was a great shutdown corner that got paid ridiculous money by the eagles and it completely backfired and it's a blown investment. Now Darrelle will probably will be looking for more than that and when you look at the holes this team has and their current cap situation, you don't throw out that much money at a cornerback all so you can say "We've got the best corner in the league!!!".

Cro stepping up showed us that he's very expendable. We're in a rebuild year. I for one would love to start that rebuild with a boatload of draft picks. Especially in a draft like this where there is a ton of depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    If we can get Denver to bite, is Revis for 6'8 QB Brock Osweiller and a 2nd/3rd too unrealistic for you guys?
    Not the type of QB you want in a traditional West Coast offense.

It's like Glennon. He's a pretty tough football player, but he's not going to fit nicely in MM's offense (considering he runs what he's always run).

You pay your star athlete, idc what position he plays.

It's not HIS contract that crippled us, it's the numerous "jumping the gun" contracts that has this team did that has us in the s***hole (i.e Scott, Pace, Harris, Brick, Sanchez, Holmes, etc)

Pay Revis, and let the other contracts fall out and we will be fine. You just can't get rid of your star player because you have other bad contracts. Tanny made the bed, now Idzick has to sleep in it for a year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Taking away an opposing teams #1 WR is more valuable then making them use a blocking TE... Plus revis doesn't require safety help so it frees them up to do other things. Personally I'd rather keep revis and try to draft real pass rushers and build a dominant D instead of a 'good' D and a mediocre O. Unless we're talking a Herschel walker deal which I don't see happening
    A pass rusher prevents a QB from passing to ALL receivers while Revis only prevents a pass to 1. Revis was exceptional in 2009 but a funny thing happened--offensive coordinators figured out a way to score points by ignoring him.

Worse, teams like the Pats figured out that they could just move their best WR around and Revis would be stuck on 1 side of the field covering the team's 3rd best receiver.

QBs and pass rush win championships, and those are 2 things Jets dont have. They should use their best asset to help them get them.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    A team like the Bengals would take Revis. They feel that they're that one player away from becoming elite.

Bengals can afford it.
    yeah I could see that. but just thinking how they fleeced the raiders for palmer makes me a little unsure if they'd really give up that much in a deal

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    I suppose we are. If the contract is going to be too big and you can get 3 picks back for him (2 1's), it may be worth it. Rookies nowadays don't make much money so you do have the opportunity to add multiple cost-controlled young players and also fill additional needs through free agency.

It's not farfetched to say that the Jets could legitimately fill 4 starting spots with good players by trading Revis.
    The only teams doing the 2 year rebuilds are teams that either suck so bad that they have Luck fall in there lap, suck bad enough where you give up 3 years worth of #1 picks to get RGIII, or you get EXTREMELY lucky and find Wilsonor Kaepernick.

In with Sea and SF, they were both building the core of their teams long before they got their QB. Both spent multiple 1st rounders on the OL.

This isn't Madden.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    A pass rusher prevents a QB from passing to ALL receivers while Revis only prevents a pass to 1. Revis was exceptional in 2009 but a funny thing happened--offensive coordinators figured out a way to score points by ignoring him.

Worse, teams like the Pats figured out that they could just move their best WR around and Revis would be stuck on 1 side of the field covering the team's 3rd best receiver.

QBs and pass rush win championships, and those are 2 things Jets dont have. They should use their best asset to help them get them.
    somebody shoulda told JJ watt that before the NE game