Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Jets to "Explore" Trading Revis

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, this tweet saying that Darrelle is "speechless"

That's BS. He's saavy about this. He knows that this should have been coming.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Bengals were #7 in pass defense last year.

Is there a need for a high-priced CB?

I'd look for teams that are on the playoff bubble with crappy secondaries.
    I've said it before, the trade market for Revis is 2 teams. Chicago and Minnesota and it's because they play Aaron Rogers and Megatron 4 games per year. Revis would be more valuable to either the Bears or Vikings than he would be to any other team. The #1 lockdown CB is a luxury anywhere else in football, but to the Vikes and Bears it is the key to challenging for the division title for the next 6 years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    None of those guys had a skillset like Manziel. The only dual threat in the group, Tebow, ran like he had a piano on his back and had the slowest release known to man. Manziel's twice the player Tebow was in college
    McCoy is a good QB. I'd take him over Manziel any day. Manziel is somewhere in between Vick and Tebow. Not exactly good company. I would take him in the 2nd but a 1st would be reaching if he even declares next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Jets are not locking up Revis. He's gone!! They overpaid some players when they were trying to make a run. We are now going to be in a total rebuild. It's just bad timing. If we were contending Revis would be here. We are years away so we might as well get something nice if we can.
    Not a total rebuild. Indy did that last year and made the playoffs; we are a 40% REBUILD TEAM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to Local Tampa Radio good chance Revis might come to the Buccaneers

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aagarcia View Post
    Good, I'm glad Revis is pissed. Jets first a**hole. Sick of Revis's act. Yeah , he wants to bankrupt the team but when the team says they won't have any of that- he's speechless. Piss off man. We did just fine without you.
    Take less money so we can rebuild- but you won't right?
    Yeah Revis doesn't cause problems in the locker room BUT WHEN DID HE EVER STEP UP AND BECOME A LEADER IN THE LOCKER ROOM?
    Answer= NEVER. He just tweets things.
    Would you take less money at your job?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Would you take less money at your job?
    What a ridiculous question. If I was in the top percentile highest paid individuals in my industry and they told me that I had to take a cut in order for the company to continue running AND if I said that I wanted to absolutely stay at that organization until I retired..............then yes.

You make it sound like he's a mid level manager at some factory and he's been given an ultimatum. What other industry do you see a person renegotiate a contract year after year AFTER just agreeing to one. Absurd. Use some common sense please.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aagarcia View Post
    What a ridiculous question. If I was in the top percentile highest paid individuals in my industry and they told me that I had to take a cut in order for the company to continue running AND if I said that I wanted to absolutely stay at that organization until I retired..............then yes.

You make it sound like he's a mid level manager at some factory and he's been given an ultimatum. What other industry do you see a person renegotiate a contract year after year AFTER just agreeing to one. Absurd. Use some common sense please.
    For the company to continue running? You have lost it. You take as much as you can get. It's not rocket science. You are looking at it from a fans perspective and not a business prospective. Yes id like him to play for the average wage a CB gets paid. However, this is the real world my friend. I'd be willing to bet that you are a "yes" man. Just a wild, but probably accurate, guess.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall Street View Post
    Revis was the leader of the best secondary in football.

Darrelle wants to be a Jet, said it plenty of times.

To me this is not your flashy, bloated INT numbers, right place right time-type CB. This guy police tapes off half the field. You can go into a matchup and not have to worry about the other team's stud WR beating you.

Looking at the talent the Jets have let walk in the past you would think they would learn from their mistakes.

Forget all these posts about defense or offense or coaching winning championships. Good players win championships. We have one, and we are going to let him go for prospects which are likely to NOT pan out!

This isn't the KC Royals, we are a freaking NY team with valuations in the league top 10. Figure it out Idzik, keep 24 in green! Otherwise you will make us all continue to be sick while watching former Jets excel in other uniforms.
    And Cromartie was the leader of the 2nd best secondary in football.

Please tell me why we can't live without Revis?

Because if a disastrous 2012 taught us anything, it's that this defense can get along just fine without Revis.

And yeah, of course Revis wants to remain a Jet. Or at least he did when Tanny was still in charge. A GM who will bend over backwards and give into any demand me and my agents make as well as a HC who publicly touts me as the greatest thing since sliced bread?

Hell, I'd wanna stay too.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    However, this is the real world my friend. .
    I think you have it backwards. WE live in the real world, not Revis or any pro athlete getting paid like that. Since when does a player feel he has the right to be "set for life" playing a game/working? This isn`t a career. It`s an opportunity to play a game for good money. To be set for life from it? LOL Please. You cannot renegotiate a contract in the real world after agreeing to one and signing it. You would need to go on strike, which if I was the Jets, I would`ve let Revis rot away. You honor your commitment/contract, then when it expires you work out another deal. Otherwise quit and go find another job.

This is a problem with NFL players. They get to go to college for free(scholarships), then they want to be set for life from playing a few years in the NFL? How about learning something on that free scholarship and making that your career when you finish playing games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis to the Texans for JJ Watt and a number 1. Revis is worth 2 number one's. Watt, Mo and Coples would b scary up front, and finally give us a quality pass rush. Texans are one Player(of Revis's talent) from going all the way in Philips defense. Joseph and Revis in the Texan back field would stop any passing attack.

Would work out great for both teams. Giving us a top pass rusher, and we'd have two number 1's(including our own)in April.
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 01-24-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    And Cromartie was the leader of the 2nd best secondary in football.

Please tell me why we can't live without Revis?

Because if a disastrous 2012 taught us anything, it's that this defense can get along just fine without Revis.

And yeah, of course Revis wants to remain a Jet. Or at least he did when Tanny was still in charge. A GM who will bend over backwards and give into any demand me and my agents make as well as a HC who publicly touts me as the greatest thing since sliced bread?

Hell, I'd wanna stay too.
    keep revis. trade cro for picks and compensation.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    Revis to the Texans for JJ Watt and a number 1. Revis is worth 2 number one's. Watt, Mo and Coples would b scary up front, and finally give us a quality pass rush. Texans are one Player(of Revis's talent) from going all the way in Philips defense. Joseph and Revis in the Texan back field would stop any passing attack.

Would work out great for both teams. Giving us a top pass rusher, and we'd have two number 1's in April.
    LOL

If we offered the Texans Revis for Watt, much less Watt and a 1st, the Texans would laugh in our faces, tell us to go f*ck ourselves, and then slam the phone on the ringer.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    I think you have it backwards. WE live in the real world, not Revis or any pro athlete getting paid like that. Since when does a player feel he has the right to be "set for life" playing a game/working? This isn`t a career. It`s an opportunity to play a game for good money. To be set for life from it? LOL Please. You cannot renegotiate a contract in the real world after agreeing to one and signing it. You would need to go on strike, which if I was the Jets, I would`ve let Revis rot away. You honor your commitment/contract, then when it expires you work out another deal. Otherwise quit and go find another job.

This is a problem with NFL players. They get to go to college for free(scholarships), then they want to be set for life from playing a few years in the NFL? How about learning something on that free scholarship and making that your career when you finish playing games.
    I dont know what part of "its a business" that you do not get? He is doing a job that so happens to be a game as well. He gets paid to do his job. A job that not many people on this earth can do. Nonetheless, it is a job that is on a bigger scale of you or I. Don't think for a second that top executives don't renegotiate their contracts. It happens all the time. I laugh at your notion to honor your contract. How many times have we seen players released or cut? It works both ways. He is going to get paid for what he is worth.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Would work out great for both teams. Giving us a top pass rusher, and we'd have two number 1's(including our own)in April.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

If we offered the Texans Revis for Watt, much less Watt and a 1st, the Texans would laugh in our faces, tell us to go f*ck ourselves, and then slam the phone on the ringer.
    lol, you're right. Might having been pushing it a little with adding a number 1. Revis straight up for Watt? I think the Texans would be nuts not to make that deal. Revis is still the top defensive player in the NFL, and they're a lot closer to being a SB team then we are. Any GM in the league would make that deal straight up.imo

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Idzik hinted that it will be about WE and not ME...
    Sounds like a shot at players who hold out, namely Revis...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol, you're right. Might having been pushing it a little with adding a number 1. Revis straight up for Watt? I think the Texans would be nuts not to make that deal. Revis is still the top defensive player in the NFL, and they're a lot closer to being a SB team then we are. Any GM in the league would make that deal straight up.imo
    Watt is currently the most dominant DL in football. Hell, he's probably the most dominant defensive player, period.

There's no way in hell the Texans are trading him for a guy that just shredded his knee and plays less of a premium position.

Not happening

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the company to continue running? You have lost it. You take as much as you can get. It's not rocket science. You are looking at it from a fans perspective and not a business prospective. Yes id like him to play for the average wage a CB gets paid. However, this is the real world my friend. I'd be willing to bet that you are a "yes" man. Just a wild, but probably accurate, guess.
    I'm looking at it from a JETS PERSPECTIVE. Accurate guess??? I'm a currency trader with my own LLC. I trade my own accounts and those of a few high net worth individuals who I got to know from my years in banking. Did he not say he wanted to stay and retire a JET? How can he do this when demanding the kind of money he wants? It's not golf. You want to be a mercenary then go to a team who is dumb enough to pay you that money. Enter>>>>>Raiders
    Last edited by aagarcia; 01-24-2013 at 08:01 PM.