Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets to "Explore" Trading Revis

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    How can you say that with a straight face?

Watt had over 20 sacks, 18 balls batted down at the LOS, 11 tackles for losses in the backfield and 23 QB hurries.

With his pressure on the QB, Watt can virtually take every receiver out of the game. Revis takes away one friggn' guy.

BTW, how many Defensive Player of the Year awards has Revis won in his career?
    If you think eliminating a team's best receiving playmaker impacts only one guy then youre clueless

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    Yahoo! Sports' Jason Cole reports "at least two teams" have already contacted the Jets about Darrelle Revis' availability.
    They won't be the last two, either. Cole notes that Revis' contract will be the main issue in negotiations, as he can't be slapped with the franchise tag when the deal expires after the 2013 season. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports that Revis "doesn't want" to be traded and wants to be a Jet "his whole career."
    Yeah, as long as they pay him whatever he wants.

This is Idziks 1st shot over the bow to show Revis agents that if the price is right Revis is out of here.
    Revis brought this on himself (him & his greedy agents).
    Anyone who doesn't think there will be a lot of interest in Revis is nuts.
    Do you think Houston could have used him vs the Pats?
    How about Denver?
    Lions?
    Browns?
    Bengals?
    Bucs?
    Colts will be shedding players

When the best player at their position comes available teams listen.
    Of course I want to keep him but he's proven over & over that being the highest paid is more important than the Jets.
    Cro has more incentive to keep playing at a high level just to support all his kids!
    Cro will be working in McDonalds if his money runs out which it will in child support alone.
    Jets have an opportunity to get the picks necessary next year to try & get Johnny Football.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    nonpremium?! Cb is probably the most important position in today pass happy league
    It's a common method of thinking of a majority of NFL front offices that you pay QB, LT, and pass rushers.

The fact that we have such a great corner in Revis means we NEED another shut down corner in Cromartie just so teams have to at least look towards the guy Revis is covering. Without a threat on the other side, offenses could completely ignore Revis's side of the field.

Trading Revis will be a step in the right direction to bring the JETS back to respectability.

Revis is an excellent football player but I just dont think you win over the long haul with players who are blatantly selfish.

Revis has portrayed himself as a player who could not care in the least what team he plays for just as long as its the team that pays him the most money.

While many to most players are like this, Revis doesnt try to hide this in the least.

Hold outs, drinking in a bar while his teammates are playing in Pittsburg, faking head aches in practice, sorry I just dont think you build championships with players like this no matter how talented they are.

The opportunity of trading Revis allows the JETS to start over clean and fresh. It sends a message to the team that no one will be treated special and that they are treated like a true team.

If I were the new GM I would jump at the chance of trading Revis, even off of an injury.

Other successful teams do this.

It sends a clear message and an initial step of building a true championship team

Veteran
    This news of Woody being open to trading Revis may be just a smoke screen to negotiate a long term deal ... time will tell ...

I really don't think this issue is about how many draft picks or high a pick you can get for Revis as much how can the Jets redistribute his space on the cap to improve the overall quality of the team.

I don't want to trade Revis ... until a month to six weeks into the season. During this off season, let teams know he may be available for a trade before the November deadline. There is a sizable cap hit if we trade him anyway so we may as well showcase him early in the season and get a couple of wins with his help. Revis will have shown he is healthy and at that point trade get a second round pick in 2014 and contingent on his new team resigning him to a long term contract, another second round pick in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    If you think eliminating a team's best receiving playmaker impacts only one guy then youre clueless
    Ah, so when Mike/Rex took away all of Mark Sanchez' playmakers it impacted him as if he was trying to throw against 4 Darrelle Revises.

Right on brother, preach it. I knew people would come around eventually.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Ah, so when Mike/Rex took away all of Mark Sanchez' playmakers it impacted him as if he was trying to throw against 4 Darrelle Revises.

Right on brother, preach it. I knew people would come around eventually.

SAR I
    Well played.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Jets Traded Keyshawn Johnson for two #1's. He then went on to win a superbowl! Same thing will happen with the Revis. Why do they want to trade away their best players! He's what you hope and pray for when you select a player in the draft! The only way I even consider trading Revis is for two #1's. He's a hall of famer is the prime of his career. Two #1's or no deal.
    Really? That was the best trade we ever made. Keyshawn ended up being deactivated and paid to sit home the following year. Do you seriously think Meshawn had anything to do with them winning the SB? Now you want us to keep Mevis regardless of the effect on the rest of the roster. No way Bellicheck would have ever paid a guy that held out in his 3rd year, and now we've done it twice. We won't be able to pay him again next year, and we'll end up with nothing. Rookie contracts are now capped, so high draft picks are worth much more than they used to be. If we can get two firsts, it will be well worth it to this franchise. I realize that is not emotionally satisfying, but you need to make roster decisions with your head. I believe we will be able to get two firsts as long as we are willing to make them conditional in consecutive years, with escalator clauses. Lots of GMs out there that want/need to win now, are willing to mortgage the future.

Banned
    I think you let Revis' recovery play itself out. If he isn't the player he was before the injury, then get the best value you can for him. He's not worth the headaches.

If he does return to form, then play hardball with his agent and keep him. The guy is a rare talent.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    SMH, at least do something original. Tebowites was funny, but it shouldn't have spawned up a bunch of sequels. The Tebow fans are Tebowites; Sanchez fans are Pick 6ers; Revis fans are Revis Islanders (or just Islanders for short).
    Would you prefer Mevis-ites?

How about Mevis-heads?

Darrellettes?

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Would you prefer Mevis-ites?

How about Mevis-heads?

Darrellettes?
    Nah, I've got one: Mevis & Buttheads.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Did the Colts get rid of Freeney and Mathis because they were " rebuilding"?
    NOT the point.
    Freeeney and Mathis combined made roughly $19 million. Revis will want almost that ALONE, and we have $10 million in Cromartie. You cannot have a quarter of your salary cap going to two guys and NOT have one of them a QB.

And by the way, Freeney won't be on the team this year unless he renegotiates the $19 million he is due for this season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's the point exactly!

The value of a great DE/OLB is much greater than the value of a great CB.
    That isn't what was discussed. The point remains that Revis is the single best defensive player in the game, and has been for years. Watt was the most valuable in 2012. There's a difference.

Which is what my fellow Jets fans that want to keep paying him miss:
    His position, not his ability, reduces his value to this team, which is why he should be traded.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    this is pretty dumb.. Watt is good but im sure most of the HCs would take Revis over Watt
    Just look at your team.. The pats have a solid DL but its wortheless because their DBs cant cover ****
    Delusional.
    This is the problem with Revis fans.

Hall Of Fame
    I think it's time for a DUMP.

Not b.c this isn't an important story. But just b.c it is such a divisive topic and NOBODY will be swayed from their opinion. Nobody is happy about it or wants to do it, the main argument is whether or not it is necessary.

Surprisingly, given the horrendous season, morale has been very good here the past few weeks. I would like to keep that going.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Nah, I've got one: Mevis & Buttheads.
    That's where I was going with the Mevis Heads, I just didn't want to be accused of being unoriginal using Buttheads

with revis on our team our defense including our pass rush gets better due to lack of open wrs on field-imagine a secondary with revis landry and cro-or even just revis and cro is a force

with revis we win 1-2 of the close games alone

there is no way you can keep sanchez and get rid of revis the teams best player unless you get a deal like the cowboys got for walker and that will never happen

also lol and guys saying he is greedy-if you were a player you would get paid as much as you could as fast as you could as well-last year showed revis one play and you can be done and lets not kid ourselves owners show ZERO player loyalty so players should not either-look at what we did to l washington or worse guys we just cut

not to mention it is very clear football is not good for your long term health so while taking that risk get as much as you can $$$

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    I think you let Revis' recovery play itself out. If he isn't the player he was before the injury, then get the best value you can for him. He's not worth the headaches.

If he does return to form, then play hardball with his agent and keep him. The guy is a rare talent.
    You can not let the injury play itself out. He is going to be a free agent after next season. You either trade him before the season, or you dont trade him at all.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

You know what bother's me most about this?

"Jets owner Woody Johnson to explore trading Darrelle Revis"

Hey Woody you useless POS - Stay out of it and let the football people make the football decisions! And don't think for a minute anyone is buying your story about having nothing to do with Tebow. Everyone knows it was all you no matter what you say.