Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets to "Explore" Trading Revis

If someone is willing to give us a 1st and 3rd sure why not. Outside of that if it is just a 2nd rounder pass. If you are going to trade him you better at least get Milliner or Rhodes plus something else. Other wise I'd rather ride out his last year and not waste 13 mil just for a 2nd rounder. He has more value as a one year rental to this team then that. At least he gives us something to watch. The D is good without him but is amazing with him. Keeping him means we at least win a few more games. That is worth more then some think.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    u nailed it...the way to get from 6-10 to 10-6 is to get rid of the good players you already have.
    The way that you stay floating in a sea of mediocrity is to tie up almost a quarter of your cap every year on a pair of f*cking corners.

If we can take any positive away from this sh*tastic season, it's that the loss of Revis had basically zero effect on this defense.

If you wanna keep Revis and pay him a kings ransom, then we better start knocking the f*cking ball out of the park on these mid-late round draft picks if we want to fix the offense. Because our options in FA are going to be severely limited if we're paying Revis and Cro a combined $25 million a year.

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateJoker6 View Post
    CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Jets will "explore options" to trade CB Darrelle Revis this offseason.

Source: CBS Sports

Per Rotoworld
    He is the best player already in the history of the franchise. My favorite current Jet. Should we trade him? Probably not. But the prudent thing to do is at least see what the market is for him given all the holes in our team. We finished 2nd in pass defense only to the Steelers without him the entire season. A lot of this depends on the maturation and growth of Wilkerson and Coples. If they can generate a pass rush without needing to blitz, it makes Revis more expendable.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    How could anyone support trading the best player in the history of the Jets? What the hell is wrong with you people?
    Umm..because if ya keep him ya get a year of Revis (and admittedly a GOOD one at $6 mill as he will be playing for a contract) but then will lose him for nothing other than a compensatory 3rd rd pick?

There is too much history with Revis here an acrimonious contract negotiations...and in all likelihood we will suck next yr. What makes everyone think that Revis will even WANT to be here past next year?

the idea of trading revis makes me
    if they actually trade revis, it would make me

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We have needs that are greater than CB.

He will leave when his contract is up and we will have gotten nothing for him.

We need to get something for him now while he has value.

We are going to be a losing franchise until 2015 at the earliest, holding onto him for the next two seasons is pointless.

SAR I
    E TU SAR?
    Iím surprised to read that you are in agreement with such a move.

Can someone name the shut down all pro corners on this years superbowl teams?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    E TU SAR?
    Iím surprised to read that you are in agreement with such a move.
    Yankee fan here.

I'm used to smart personnel moves.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    so trading revis would get us all the talent the 49ers and ravens have?

i have a bridge to sell pm me i take paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    He is the best player already in the history of the franchise. My favorite current Jet. Should we trade him? Probably not. But the prudent thing to do is at least see what the market is for him given all the holes in our team. We finished 2nd in pass defense only to the Steelers without him the entire season. A lot of this depends on the maturation and growth of Wilkerson and Coples. If they can generate a pass rush without needing to blitz, it makes Revis more expendable.
    When a CB is the best player in the history of the franchise.....its pretty sad

thank Woody Johnson, this implosion is all on him

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Seriously, no offense. That's such a stupid argument. Based on this years Superbowl you could say that you have to have outstanding Offensive Guards and Hard Hitting Safeties to make the Superbowl. That doesn't make it true.

You make the Superbowl by having good players. Some positions are more important than others, that's a given.

I find it funny those calling Revis the best player in franchise history. Ever hear of Joe Namath? Marvin Powell? Klecko? Toon? Winston Hill?

All League
    Yankee fan here.

SAR I
    Let me know when they make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    My repsect for Idzik just jumped up a notch, if true.

Let's see, our offense is in total shambles, this team is going through a rebuilding phase, and we just fielded the 2nd ranked secondary in the league without Revis.

But yeah, let's dole out Tom Brady/Peyton Manning money to a f*cking CB. Makes sense.

It seems like a lot of you guys are just obsessed with bragging about having a HOF caliber player on the team. One that doesn't even play a premium position.

How about we use all of our resources to fix this abortion of an offense?

No QB, no RB, no TE, a huge question mark at receiver and 2/5 of our OL is set to hit free agency.

But we must keep our precious Revis at all cost!

I think one thing you have to understand is that if Revis gets a new deal with us, we won't be shelling out big bucks to other defensive positions for a few of the years on a Revis extension. When Revis got his extension in 2010, we were already paying top dollar at ILB (Scott) and at OLB (Pace) for the next few years.

If Revis gets an extension this year, we won't necessarily have any mega money doled out past 2013 on defense. Harris and Cromartie, who are getting big money this year, can easily be cut after 2013 and guys like Wilkerson and Coples are on the cheap through 2015 and 2016, respectively. Now imagine if we are able to get a top pass rusher at #9 like Moore/Jones/Mingo...we'd have three cheap, young, and talented players to build around for years to go with your mega pay day guy in Revis. Then by the time those three guys are up for pay days, we'll probably be able to get out of the Revis deal, thus allowing us to afford at least two of the three young front seven players.

That being said, if a team blows us away with a trade, let's say a 1st and a 3rd, it would be hard to pass up. That could definitely be some ammo if there is a top tier QB a few slots ahead of where we need to be. Not only that, but the team would be able to restock its depth and young talent. If we're being offered less than a straight up 1st rounder, I think I'd pass on a Revis trade right now...I don't know if I'd even want a 2nd with a 1st round conditional.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Look at Seattle's contracts. Do they have a mega contract? No, it's modeled like NE's team is.

We have some huge contracts on the Jets. Unfriendly towards signing others.

I see Idzik keeping the core of the team young, as long as he gets control.
    Good Post.

People this is not about Revis, it's about the cap hell that Tanny placed us in with the Sanchez, Revis, Holmes, and Harris contracts. We have a new GM and he is going to straighten it out sooner rather than later. I'd rather trade Cro than Revis but I'd do anything it takes to get some flexibility back into our roster decisions going forward, anything.

Yankee fan here.

SAR I
    This is Yankee-type move? How many HOF players have the Yanks let go of in their illustrious history?

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I find it funny those calling Revis the best player in franchise history. Ever hear of Joe Namath? Marvin Powell? Klecko? Toon? Winston Hill?
    Most posters on this board believe the JETS were born week 3 1998.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    so trading revis would get us all the talent the 49ers and ravens have?

i have a bridge to sell pm me i take paypal.
    So youd rather have JAGS on offense and Jags in our front seven but that's ok because our shut down CB is awesome....riiiight

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Really? Come on. That is not even a discussion. I consider myself pretty grounded on here and am all for what's best for Jets, not one particular player, but Revis is in the discussion at least for top 5 at his position EVER, no one else in this franchise can say that. No one else can even say they were the unquestioned best at their position in their era.