Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily News: Sanchez seeks retired QB Garcia as Mornhinweg mentor

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    well I saw "sources" and "reportedly" Marty was hired (and the threads, of course), but nothing contract, press release or anything "official"
    I'm pretty sure one of us posted something official in one of the older tweet threads. Idk. When in doubt, check wikipedia.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Just like CHAD sat with him and tuned him into the "complexities" of the Sparano offense.

Jesus H. Mark acts like we are buying this crap.....

I don't care if he studies under Montana. Mark is immature and not a leader until shown otherwise.

Capernicke, Flacco etc..guys that should be Marks equal are light years ahead of him in this area.
    It has nothing to do with maturity or leadership. The problem is that Sanchez sucks.

He could be mature and a great leader and that won't help him get pocket awareness or make on target throws to open receivers.

Kap and Flacco arent in the SB because of maturity and leadership. Neither is the leader of their teams. They're there because they play well.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just like CHAD sat with him and tuned him into the "complexities" of the Sparano offense.

I don't care if he studies under Montana. Mark is immature and not a leader until shown otherwise.

Capernicke, Flacco etc..guys that should be Marks equal are light years ahead of him in this area.
    So dead on perfect, it's astounding clarity gave me frost bite.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Ok. Now that I think about it maybe it hasn't been officially announced. But we all know its coming.
    yeah I know it's coming, but just had some Belichick flashbacks. can never be too sure .. haha

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    It has nothing to do with maturity or leadership. The problem is that Sanchez sucks.

He could be mature and a great leader and that won't help him get pocket awareness or make on target throws to open receivers.

Kap and Flacco arent in the SB because of maturity and leadership. Neither is the leader of their teams. They're there because they play well.
    Fair points...but when I see Capernicke do the "muscle pose" in the end zone. That takes balls. Balls takes NO FEAR which is more than just talent. Its confidence.

That type of confidence comes from dedication to your craft which I dont think Mark has.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Sanchez can’t speak to Mornhinweg about football-related matters at the team facility until the start of the offseason program in April, per terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. "

Has anybody noticed that since the league came up with this new collective bargaining agreement the Jets have gone downhill. The new agreement happened after their second championship game in a row I believe. Did Robert Kraft have a major hand in this agreement? Because he knew that Brady and the Pats didn't need to practice as much because they have had the same system for years. This new collective bargain agreement has seemingly hurt the Jets - especially when they are putting in new offenses with new coaches.

Also what kind of rule is that Sanchez can't talk with Mornhinweg until April? How does that help anybody? Maybe the Jets practiced longer and harder than other teams but since the new agreement was in place they have become severely hampered. I'm guessing teams must now practice a lot smarter and make better use of their time on the practice field because it is limited. I don't think the Jets every made the proper adjustments to the new agreement and it has shown on the field. I guess teams might have to cheat this agreement just to,get more practice time in? All I know is after this agreement the Jets have not been the same team on the field.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    This is horrific news. It means the Jets told Mark he won't be released or traded. Wouldn't even be surprised he is the starter before training camp starts with no competition. **** you Rex Ryan you deserve your career to be tarnished for sticking with this piece of ****

So you're open to this move?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is in touch with the wrong Garcia. He should start listening to Jerry Garcia, specifically the great song LOSER. That will put everything into perspective for him.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This reminds me of Pennington's annual offseason efforts to improve his arm strength. Then the season the would begin, and you'd see him throw the same ducks he always threw.

Mark seems like a good kid. He's just a sh!tty QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    "Sanchez can’t speak to Mornhinweg about football-related matters at the team facility until the start of the offseason program in April, per terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. "

Has anybody noticed that since the league came up with this new collective bargaining agreement the Jets have gone downhill. The new agreement happened after their second championship game in a row I believe. Did Robert Kraft have a major hand in this agreement? Because he knew that Brady and the Pats didn't need to practice as much because they have had the same system for years. This new collective bargain agreement has seemingly hurt the Jets - especially when they are putting in new offenses with new coaches.

Also what kind of rule is that Sanchez can't talk with Mornhinweg until April? How does that help anybody? Maybe the Jets practiced longer and harder than other teams but since the new agreement was in place they have become severely hampered. I'm guessing teams must now practice a lot smarter and make better use of their time on the practice field because it is limited. I don't think the Jets every made the proper adjustments to the new agreement and it has shown on the field. I guess teams might have to cheat this agreement just to,get more practice time in? All I know is after this agreement the Jets have not been the same team on the field.
    I have to agree with this. It shows on the defense too. Also, a limited time they can practice in pads. WTF is that?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad Sanchez is seeking help in learning the new offense. While he is on the team, he has to give himself the best chance to succeed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    Agreed. He needs to see a shrink as well to fix his head.
    Maybe go to a Vet/VA trauma center for war vets to get some help.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post

Yeah. The other owners and NFLPA all agreed to it to just screw the Jets.

They can meet/talk but it can't be at Florham Park. The reason is they then can't practice or the player feel they are being "forced/intimidated" to go out on the practice field.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    This reminds me of Pennington's annual offseason efforts to improve his arm strength. Then the season the would begin, and you'd see him throw the same ducks he always threw.

Mark seems like a good kid. He's just a sh!tty QB.
    He wasn't ****ty in 2010. He wasn't ****ty in the 6 playoff games.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's always been pretty meh-average, though. I, for one, am not in favor of surrounding him with Pro Bowl talent just to get him back to being average.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed. But at some point in the last two years, something happened to him. He's not the same player. Did the great O-Line and running game we had in 2009-10 cover up his deficiencies? Or have teams simply figured him out?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pennington and garcia coming off the couch would win more games then mark sanchez in 2013.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah. The other owners and NFLPA all agreed to it to just screw the Jets.

They can meet/talk but it can't be at Florham Park. The reason is they then can't practice or the player feel they are being "forced/intimidated" to go out on the practice field.
    Now I don't remember saying the owners and NFLPA both did it to screw the Jets
    Why would you try to make a point like that? Your time of the month or u didn't get your morning coffee yet? My point was that This rule probably helped Robert Kraft the most because he had his offense and QB in place for a decade. Also they can't practice because they feel forced/intimidated ? Now I agree that's probably why that rule was put in place but I don't agree with that rule. Some teams and players need all the practice they can get. These players earn millions. Nobody is forcing them to play or choose the NFL as their career. If you don't want to practice and put in the time go back to working at a grocery store.
    Stupid rule that hurts most of the players in the league except for the few complaining prima donnas.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Agreed. But at some point in the last two years, something happened to him. He's not the same player. Did the great O-Line and running game we had in 2009-10 cover up his deficiencies? Or have teams simply figured him out?
    The O has sucked and extremely poorly coached in '12.

Is he fixable? We'll find out. He probably needs a change of scenery because NY won't allow for 1 more mistake, which is too bad because I think with Mornhinwegs experience at developing QBs he can be fixed to at least a good, quality starting QB

But people forget the number of 4th Qtr comebacks he had, including the playoffs, the first 2 yrs, especially in '10.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact that he's reaching out on his own speaks to his leadership, he may not be the rah rah in your face Brady type but there's different ways of leading, some people here just cant deal with that.

You can't compare Kapernick & Flacco , just look at the difference in offensive firepower and offensive philospohies. Again put Flacco or Kapernick or any QB on last years Jet team, in this same system ,do you truly think they would have fared much better.

I get it Jet fans are sick of Sanchez but without a viable alternative he truly gives them the best hope for 2103 at this point.