Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Daily News: Sanchez seeks retired QB Garcia as Mornhinweg mentor

God bless his heart he does try. This will fuel the usual blaze of optimism that Mark can turn it around, only to fall to the ground like a pigeon tied to a concrete block.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    one thing that would help sanchez in the wco is that the ball has to get out quickly. his problems start when he holds onto the ball, that's when his bad decisions and fumbles occur. for as long as he's a jet, i hope this new system, if nothing else, has sanchez getting the ball out quickly, to rbs, tes, etc. positive gains and minimal turnovers.
    All good points, but I think two things will hold him back. 1) just don't think he is smart enough to run a system where he has to make quick decisions and 2) he seems to have no confidence in his own ability. The Jets have destroyed him the last two years, and unless the new regime can restore his confidence, it may be the end of him, at least here in NYC. If you would have told me two years ago (after Pittsburgh loss) that Sanchez would be the biggest worry on the team, I would have given you 10 names of shrinks to call.

Jets Insider VIP
    Mark is like our Rudy.

He wants to be good more than anyone on the field, but he has obvious limitations that prevent them from happening. Sanchez's early "success" is similar to Rudy's sack. A fun ride, but more due to circumstance around him than the player himself.

Sorry, Mark. Effort only takes you so far in this league. No amount of studying is going to change your lack of instinct or vision. This will be the third offense you've read up on. Maybe if you could read a defense, you would still be on your first.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    All good points, but I think two things will hold him back. 1) just don't think he is smart enough to run a system where he has to make quick decisions and 2) he seems to have no confidence in his own ability. The Jets have destroyed him the last two years, and unless the new regime can restore his confidence, it may be the end of him, at least here in NYC. If you would have told me two years ago (after Pittsburgh loss) that Sanchez would be the biggest worry on the team, I would have given you 10 names of shrinks to call.
    i actually disagree with both. ultimately i think what will hold him back is his inaccuracy. no amount of studying a playbook can compensate for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    God bless his heart he does try. This will fuel the usual blaze of optimism that Mark can turn it around, only to fall to the ground like a pigeon tied to a concrete block.
    Have you been reading this thread? There is virtually zero optmism coming from Jets fans. At this point Jets fans are sick of hearing stories from Sanchez that he is "trying hard." we all know he tries hard and cares, we just don't think he has it in him to be a solid NFL QB. Hopefully, he proves us wrong (Assuming he is on the team this year).

It's funny that Sanchez is so convinced that a) he'll be on the team and b) he'll be the starter. If I were him, I'd be about 50% confident in part a and 10% confident in part b

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    This is horrific news. It means the Jets told Mark he won't be released or traded. Wouldn't even be surprised he is the starter before training camp starts with no competition. **** you Rex Ryan you deserve your career to be tarnished for sticking with this piece of ****
    Go root for the Giants!

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Have you been reading this thread? There is virtually zero optmism coming from Jets fans. At this point Jets fans are sick of hearing stories from Sanchez that he is "trying hard." we all know he tries hard and cares, we just don't think he has it in him to be a solid NFL QB. Hopefully, he proves us wrong (Assuming he is on the team this year).
    There will be optimism as this story carries forward and we hear that Mark is doing well with Garcia, Morninweg thinks Mark van be the starter, mark wins the job in training camp vs some schmuck like moore or orton.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Mark is like our Rudy.

He wants to be good more than anyone on the field, but he has obvious limitations that prevent them from happening. Sanchez's early "success" is similar to Rudy's sack. A fun ride, but more due to circumstance around him than the player himself.

Sorry, Mark. Effort only takes you so far in this league. No amount of studying is going to change your lack of instinct or vision. This will be the third offense you've read up on. Maybe if you could read a defense, you would still be on your first.
    Mark is more like our Achilles Heel.

Jets Insider VIP
    There will be optimism as this story carries forward and we hear that Mark is doing well with Garcia, Morninweg thinks Mark van be the starter, mark wins the job in training camp vs some schmuck like moore or orton.
    Just wait for stories about Jets West 2013

Reaching out to Steve Young would be smart.
    Young has always had excellent insight to Sanchez.
    He’s stating publically for the last few years that Mark has a problem with his mechanics and that he can help fix. He’s also said he’d be open to Mark contacting him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Reaching out to Steve Young would be smart.
    Young has always had excellent insight to Sanchez.
    He’s stating publically for the last few years that Mark has a problem with his mechanics and that he can help fix. He’s also said he’d be open to Mark contacting him.
    Sanchez should seriously consider spending big money to hire one of this guys as an offseason trainer, like Young or Gannon.

These 1 day conversations aren't enough for him. Athletes hire personal trainers all the time. Sanchez should consider hiring his own QB coach. He has the money to do it.

If only he was seeking retirement advice instead...............

Garcia coming up on WFAN

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    LOL, SP, you're all over the map.

You go from maturity and leadership to ... endzone celebrations? Really? Chad Ocho Cinco had some good endzone celebrations. He was confident too. I guess under your definition that means he had dedication to his craft.

Sanchez simply sucks. Stop trying to use the lack of dedication, maturity, leadership, etc. spin. He just sucks. It's not about anything else. He simply sucks.
    I see how you could say this. Thats a message board.

I do NOT like the end zone stuff BUT Capernicke exudes confidence. Lets not let the end zone pose distract from the fact that Mark has NO confidence, probably becasue he sucks. BUT find me a QB that is succesful that isn't confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    This is nice leading up to the SB.

@CBSSports: Colin Kaepernick wants to trademark 'Kaepernicking.' These QB fads need to stop: http://t.co/LsHRJw9I
    I am fine with that...he is fairly humble and he, SO FAR, is no TO or CHAH OCHO.

His humility and confidence on the field are a pretty good combo.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    This is horrific news. It means the Jets told Mark he won't be released or traded. Wouldn't even be surprised he is the starter before training camp starts with no competition. **** you Rex Ryan you deserve your career to be tarnished for sticking with this piece of ****
    Is Sanchez supposed to not try and improve himself? Tannenbaum locked Sanchez in for 2013, so deal with it. He's not going anywhere. Hopefully, Idzik brings in some competition to make Sanchez earn the job or ride the bench.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I see how you could say this. Thats a message board.

I do NOT like the end zone stuff BUT Capernicke exudes confidence. Lets not let the end zone pose distract from the fact that Mark has NO confidence, probably becasue he sucks. BUT find me a QB that is succesful that isn't confidence.
    Mark's confidence is shot because he sucks. If he didn't suck he'd be confident.

When Rex's D blew the big lead against the Texans in 2010 and Sanchez led the game winning drive in under a minute with no timeouts, was Sanchez confident then? Of course. He didn't think he sucked then, but now he knows he does.

Confidence is not the major reason why Kap has been successful this year.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Garcia coming up on WFAN
    Man is he selling himself!!!

I I I, me me me.

Lol

-

AWESOME Analogy!