Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Daily News: Sanchez seeks retired QB Garcia as Mornhinweg mentor

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    "Sanchez can’t speak to Mornhinweg about football-related matters at the team facility until the start of the offseason program in April, per terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. "

Has anybody noticed that since the league came up with this new collective bargaining agreement the Jets have gone downhill. The new agreement happened after their second championship game in a row I believe. Did Robert Kraft have a major hand in this agreement? Because he knew that Brady and the Pats didn't need to practice as much because they have had the same system for years. This new collective bargain agreement has seemingly hurt the Jets - especially when they are putting in new offenses with new coaches.

Also what kind of rule is that Sanchez can't talk with Mornhinweg until April? How does that help anybody? Maybe the Jets practiced longer and harder than other teams but since the new agreement was in place they have become severely hampered. I'm guessing teams must now practice a lot smarter and make better use of their time on the practice field because it is limited. I don't think the Jets every made the proper adjustments to the new agreement and it has shown on the field. I guess teams might have to cheat this agreement just to,get more practice time in? All I know is after this agreement the Jets have not been the same team on the field.

Goodell would fine me, cause I would talk football to whatever one of my dam coaches I wanted to talk football with. Frankly, I doubt very seriously if guys like the Mannings, Brees, Brady, Rogers and whatever other players are at the top of their games or positions really have ZERO communication with their coaches about football.

The convos would just be face to face, and in private. Besides... Morningwheg probably lives down the street from Jeff Garcia, or has a house there, or will be in town the same week Sanchez goes to see Garca or whatever.

Stupid rule as far as I am concerned. If my coaches and i wanna be workaholics, then that on us and our families to deal with. If I were Sanchex, I would go live with Marty for a few weeks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Yeah. The other owners and NFLPA all agreed to it to just screw the Jets.

They can meet/talk but it can't be at Florham Park. The reason is they then can't practice or the player feel they are being "forced/intimidated" to go out on the practice field.

LOL at players being forced or intimidated!

Listen, I get guys not wanting to get injured, then sh!t happens and you are out for the season even if you were working overtime outside of the terms of your contract, and your team gets hokey with your money.... I get all that.

Saying I cant meet with my coach to discuss our craft, our work, our profession until whatever time frame? Silly and overboard. The stock market is closed after 4 p.m. and isnt open on Saturdays or Sundays. I speak to my senior partner every day of the week. I wish someone would tell me I cant talk about my means of making money.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Fumes View Post
    LOL at players being forced or intimidated!

Listen, I get guys not wanting to get injured, then sh!t happens and you are out for the season even if you were working overtime outside of the terms of your contract, and your team gets hokey with your money.... I get all that.

Saying I cant meet with my coach to discuss our craft, our work, our profession until whatever time frame? Silly and overboard. The stock market is closed after 4 p.m. and isnt open on Saturdays or Sundays. I speak to my senior partner every day of the week. I wish someone would tell me I cant talk about my means of making money.
    You can speak, meet whatever it just can't be at Florham Park

Think it's stupid talk to the owners and NFLPA.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can speak, meet whatever it just can't be at Florham Park

Think it's stupid talk to the owners and NFLPA.

Wasnt critiquing you C Mart... was just saying I think not doing so players dont "feel intimidated" is weak.

So in actuality, they can do whatever meeting they want, whatever talking they want, and whatever practicing they want, wherever they want to do it at... just not at team HQ?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

don't like it

perhaps the fact that he is "learning" a new system from a different qb each year is why he's regressed.

basically chad pennington taught mark how to have a poor throwing arm with in a bad offensive scheme last season

4 years later and they are still trying to make him something he can't be. hope he does well in his tryouts!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    one thing that would help sanchez in the wco is that the ball has to get out quickly. his problems start when he holds onto the ball, that's when his bad decisions and fumbles occur. for as long as he's a jet, i hope this new system, if nothing else, has sanchez getting the ball out quickly, to rbs, tes, etc. positive gains and minimal turnovers.
    This is a good solution except we really don't see what Mark sees. Does his WR's get enough separation where you are confident in throwing the ball? Is the pressure coming before any separation? I bet if we ask McElroy why he got sacked 11 times he would simply say that noone was open or that they were open but I only had 2.5 sec before getting nailed. You can try to make a play but will lead to int's more often than not.
    The next Jets QB absolutely needs a RB that can CATCH and get open.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Fumes View Post
    Wasnt critiquing you C Mart... was just saying I think not doing so players dont "feel intimidated" is weak.

So in actuality, they can do whatever meeting they want, whatever talking they want, and whatever practicing they want, wherever they want to do it at... just not at team HQ?
    All I got. I'm sure there is CBA info out there somewhere

Sanchez can’t speak to Mornhinweg about football-related matters at the team facility until the start of the offseason program in April, per terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. So, it was Garcia who gave Sanchez some initial intel on Mornhinweg.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I got. I'm sure there is CBA info out there somewhere

Sanchez can’t speak to Mornhinweg about football-related matters at the team facility until the start of the offseason program in April, per terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. So, it was Garcia who gave Sanchez some initial intel on Mornhinweg.

Got ya!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    im so sick and tired of this guy reaching......if it isnt jets west camp its turning to this guy or that guy........you cant fix suck.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Garcia stepped in and played well in Philly, I like it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Garcia stepped in and played well in Philly, I like it.
    sanchez isnt garcia and never will be. sanchez is reaching and blowing smoke up everyones ass.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    sanchez isnt garcia and never will be. sanchez is reaching and blowing smoke up everyones ass.
    Who said he was?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Who said he was?
    no one but come on already lets be like mike. sick and tired of all his off season bull****. jets west camp,lifting weights with hulk hogan to get strong banging old eva to make him settle down. time to move on.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same **** different day. He talked to Pennington last season.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    Same **** different day. He talked to Pennington last season.
    exactly what i mean hes reaching.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Out with Telol, in with Garcia. Old backup QBs are the way of the future.

For real, though, I like that Mark at least TRIES to make himself better. Wish the on-field results were better, though.
    I'm just happy that Steve Young's hair will play a part in our future success.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    exactly what i mean hes reaching.

Why not reach for some punctuation, monkey-nuts?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post

Why not reach for some punctuation, monkey-nuts?
    ok,sorry.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    AWESOME Analogy!
    What can make you smarter than Beer and Fish?