Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A "Trade Down, Please" Jets Mock

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I like the trade with Chicago. If we got an extra 2nd and 4th I would go this way:

1. Kevin Minter ILB LSU
    2. Stepfan Taylor RB Stan
    2. Dallas Thomas OG Tenn
    3 Sean Porter OLB A&M
    4. Ryan Swope WR A&M
    4. Justin Pugh OT Syracus
    5. Sean Renfree QB Duke
    6. Joseph Fauria TE UCLA
    7. Chad Bumphis WR Miss St
    Last edited by TJ; 01-25-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I like the trade with Chicago. If we got an extra 2nd and 4th I would go this way:

1. Kevin Minter ILB LSU
    2. Stepfan Taylor RB Stan
    2. Dallas Thomas OG Tenn
    3 Sean Porter OLB A&M
    4. Ryan Swope WR A&M
    4. Justin Pugh OT Syracus
    5. Sean Renfree QB Duke
    6. Joseph Fauria TE UCLA
    7. Chad Bumphis WR Miss St
    With Minter we'd have 3 ILB's. Am I missing something? Who is the QB of the team in this scenario?

While the move to 20 with the bears seems like a good fit, although Im not sure we can get the pass rusher we need. My pipe dream scenario there would be:

1. Dion Jordan LB
    2. Tyler Wilson Qb
    2. Larry Worford OG
    3. Joseph Randle RB
    4. John Cyprien S
    4. Ricky Wagner OT
    5 CHris Haper WR
    6. Vance Macdonald TE
    7. Mike Mauti LB

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    With Minter we'd have 3 ILB's. Am I missing something? Who is the QB of the team in this scenario?
    Bart Scott is gone. We need to replace him. Minter is a beast. 2013 is a rebuilding year. We are stuck with Sanchez for next year. There aren't a lot of options for QB for us this season. I would try and get a vet (Moore?) on our roster for the year to compete with Sanchez. We need to build the O'line for whatever we do and I'm not in love with Glennon or Dysart, or Nassib, or Manuel or Wilson. I wouldn't be mad if we took one of them in the second round, if our scouts really think they pan out, but I would rather get Teddy Bridgewater or somebody in the 2014 draft.

I thought Rex trading up and reaching for Sanchez in his first year was a big unnecessary mistake on his part. With the team we had then we might have gone to the superbowl with a vet QB. Why should the new GM get attached to a QB in his first year of rebuilding when we need so many pieces. Again, if the Jets staff really likes one of the QBs, fine. Just don't give him a huge extension if he's not playing like a pro bowler.

We need to get this team in a healthy cap situation and get some real talent on this roster. We're not going to do that in one year.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Bart Scott is gone. We need to replace him. Minter is a beast. 2013 is a rebuilding year. We are stuck with Sanchez for next year. There aren't a lot of options for QB for us this season. I would try and get a vet (Moore?) on our roster for the year to compete with Sanchez. We need to build the O'line for whatever we do and I'm not in love with Glennon or Dysart, or Nassib, or Manuel or Wilson. I wouldn't be mad if we took one of them in the second round, if our scouts really think they pan out, but I would rather get Teddy Bridgewater or somebody in the 2014 draft.

I thought Rex trading up and reaching for Sanchez in his first year was a big unnecessary mistake on his part. With the team we had then we might have gone to the superbowl with a vet QB. Why should the new GM get attached to a QB in his first year of rebuilding when we need so many pieces. Again, if the Jets staff really likes one of the QBs, fine. Just don't give him a huge extension if he's not playing like a pro bowler.

We need to get this team in a healthy cap situation and get some real talent on this roster. We're not going to do that in one year.
    Demario Davis steps in for Scott. Minter may be a beast but he would be a luxury pick. Heck if we needed an ILB Manti Teo may be on the board at 20 as well. We need a pass rushing OLB with that pick. The only veteran QB I'd like to see on the team next season is Flynn (for a conditional 3rd rounder in 2014) . Sanchez is finished, and if Moore is the answer then the question must be "Who is an ok placeholder QB that will do just enough to achieve mediocrity"?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Demario Davis steps in for Scott. Minter may be a beast but he would be a luxury pick. Heck if we needed an ILB Manti Teo may be on the board at 20 as well. We need a pass rushing OLB with that pick. The only veteran QB I'd like to see on the team next season is Flynn (for a conditional 3rd rounder in 2014) . Sanchez is finished, and if Moore is the answer then the question must be "Who is an ok placeholder QB that will do just enough to achieve mediocrity"?
    So you think a QB who had one miraculous game with some of the best skill players in the league is going to take us to the promise land in his first year. Do you think Sanchez was all world when he took us to the AFCCG 2 years in a row? We got there with mediocre QB play. You think Matt Flynn is going to get us past the Patriots? If you think we're going to be atop of the AFC next year you're going to be disappointed. The rebuild is going to take more than one year and I don't feel like rushing into finding our QB in a weak draft.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    I like the trade idea ... well thought out, and realistic too. I'd take that if it was offered.

I'd like to see us pick up a safety at some point though (possibly even two, depending on what happens with Landry). I think we need to be developing our own talent there.

Fully on board with a high end WR and also picking up a guard in the first two rounds.
    I see what you mean but they just took two s last year. So I'd like to see what they can do. Its had for me to get on board with taking 4 in two years.

I lknow they were late picks but the position isn't that important
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 01-25-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I really hope the Jets trade down to add a few more players and here's a scenario I think could actually be realistic.

Chicago can't keep Cutler clean, so maybe they trade up with for Eric Fisher, LT, Central Michigan (Or perhaps Taylor Lewan?)

The Jets send #9 to Chicago for the #20 a 2nd and 4th.

1. Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU - I don't love this pick and could be persuaded to take someone else. There questions about his work ethic, but he's got talent. Hope they go BPA here, no matter what.

2. Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky - MAULER.

2. Robert Woods, WR, USC - I don't know why he isn't rated higher. He's very similar to Holmes IMO.

3. EJ Manuel, QB, Florida State - He's a project but there is a ton of talent to work with. He's a smart guy and hard worker who I think has not played his best football yet.

4. Sean Porter, OLB, Texas A&M - Athletic, skilled edge rusher who has played OLB in both 3 and 4 man front.

4. Tharold Simon, CB, LSU - Could have been a high pick if he stayed for his senior year. Lots of talent: size, speed, ball skills. I think getting him here is a big discount.

5. Vance McDonald, TE, Rice - I'm hoping they finally address this position with something other than UDFA scrubs. McDonald has looked good in Senior Bowl practice and hopefully there's a little Jason Witten in there.

6. Michael Williams, TE, Alabama - Fantastic blocker and underrated athleticism. He could be a #2 in the league for a long time.

7. Chris Thompson, RB, Florida State - He is Leon Washington. If the ACL is healed, he will be an immediate contributor.

OK boys, bash away.

I'm a Nole fan, you're right about Manuel, he's got a lot of potential but he needs to sit one year to learn the system, he's raw. Chris Thompson is way faster tban Leon ever was, he's just not as big, but boy can he fly, that would be a terrific pick.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    I'm a Nole fan, you're right about Manuel, he's got a lot of potential but he needs to sit one year to learn the system, he's raw. Chris Thompson is way faster tban Leon ever was, he's just not as big, but boy can he fly, that would be a terrific pick.
    You hear anything about Thompsons injury, how is he coming along?