Thread: Brady vs. Gore

All League

Brady vs. Gore

Help me understand this:

Brady gets fined $10,000 for spiking Ed Reed in the bean bag, and Frank Gore gets fined $10,500 for wearing his socks too low in the NFC Championship.

$10k is equal to about .0001111% of Marsha and Giselles combined salary, so I'm sure he's learned his lesson and will never do it again.

Pretty sure it was his knee he kicked, but I get your point. Either way, the story is old and dead. This incident just proves to the whole world that deep down, Tom is just a scared little sister who's banging on the closet door begging to be let out.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Pretty sure it was his knee he kicked, but I get your point. Either way, the story is old and dead. This incident just proves to the whole world that deep down, Tom is just a scared little sister who's banging on the closet door begging to be let out.
    The Brady story is old and dead, but when I heard about the Gore fine this morning, it just struck me as nuts that their fines were similar for widely different infractions.

It just screams as to how Tommy Terrific is consistantly coddled by the NFL.

I'm surprised that you don't see the obvious racism going on here.

Just another case of The Man keeping a brother down.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm surprised you guys didn't know about the fines for the socks. It has been going on for years. The NFL is very strict when it comes to uniforms. Peyton Manning was once told he would be fined $25k if he wore black hi-tops to honor Johnny Unitas.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I'm surprised you guys didn't know about the fines for the socks. It has been going on for years. The NFL is very strict when it comes to uniforms. Peyton Manning was once told he would be fined $25k if he wore black hi-tops to honor Johnny Unitas.
    And it was because they're black!

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post

racist.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyeffinjetsfan View Post
    The Brady story is old and dead, but when I heard about the Gore fine this morning, it just struck me as nuts that their fines were similar for widely different infractions.
    Having low socks is a far worse violation than trying to take out a players knee.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post

Tell it!!!

Veteran
    I heard on the TV, forget where, that Gore was considered a repeat offender and that this was an escalation on previous fine levied.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyan66 View Post
    I heard on the TV, forget where, that Gore was considered a repeat offender and that this was an escalation on previous fine levied.
    That guy is a habitual low-sock-wearer. When will he learn?

All Pro
    I'm outraged!

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    This incident just proves to the whole world that deep down, Tom is just a scared little sister who's banging on the closet door begging to be let out.

All League
    I think it's a major victory that they actually fined the golden boy, it's the principle of him having to write that check :-)

They should just come clean and name Bob Kraft commissioner. We don't need the facade anymore. We know what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    They should just come clean and name Bob Kraft commissioner. We don't need the facade anymore. We know what's going on.
    +1