Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Yup, This Is A Cap Guy And Rex Is Running The Show

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Thank you. Others agree. They're just not here right now. Oh, that's right. They're working. Not sitting in mom's basement during the job hunt or in the dorm room having not showered for a week.

SAR I
    As one of those who just got in from work...I approve this message.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I already explained to you that you are no where near wealthy. Wealthy people don't need their accountant to explain anything to them. They have people for that. They don't buy cars unless you happen to be an enthusiast. Then you may buy a vintage classic Bentley, but no way you'd buy a BMW. Fricken Volkswagen with leather seats. Otherwise they have the butler call the driver to bring the car around. Wealthy people are sickened by you. You may do business for them, but they don't know it, or care to know. You are a commoner that just happens to have some money. Some may consider you rich, but wealth is different realm.
    Are you done?

Or do I need to shoot down Lincoln Avenue and school you in person?

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    As one of those who just got in from work...I approve this message.
    Thank God.

Dayposting on Jets Insider has become a nightmare.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    If after hearing that press conference this isn't 100% cemented as fact I don't know what is.

SAR I
    Sorry Sar. You are off base here. I wasn't blown away by John Idzik's press conference. He seemed very measured and very smart. Not a lot of sizzle. He didn't give up a lot because really he's only been in the building for one day. I do get the impression that at the end of the day, He's going to be the boss. That he is the Director of The Entire Football Operation.

Now, You gotta stop with this cap guy stuff. Like Idzik is some math whiz brought in to cook the books. You are talking about a guy who was born into football. He's a coaches son, He was a player, a coach, a scout and he's been involved in every single aspect of a football operation for 20 years now.

As for Rex, Rex is in charge of his players and his coaches. John Idzik is his boss. That's my impression of today. Rex has last one shot to get the ship righted if he doesn't, John Idzik will fire him in a years time. Doubt that, Dispute that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If after hearing that press conference this isn't 100% cemented as fact I don't know what is.

SAR I
    WRONG!!! Give it a chance, dude. Rex runs the D and MM runs the O with our new GM getting the right players. If it doesn't work then we get a new coach next season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    My concern is simple:

It's perfectly fine to go get the 7th worst GM candidate in a given offseason, and an operations managing capologist to boot.

SAR I
    Your logic: Idzik was the 7th "worst" GM candidate because he was the 7th -- and final -- one hired this offseason. They don't let you hire any staff, do they?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What are you driving?

SAR I
    335i

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman in indy View Post
    Nobody gives a rat's a** about your opinion Sar! Do you think so highly of yourself that your opinion of his presser deserves a thread? Stop drinking your own coolaid. Your threads and posts are the worst part of this otherwise awesome website. I try not to read anything you post but unfortunately that's nearly impossible to do if someone wants to be a part of this forum..........
    Even if you didn't read the posts and skipped by them you'd still waste a lot of time. You'd have to skip more than 400 posts each and every week of the year for eight years just to stay even.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you done?

Or do I need to shoot down Lincoln Avenue and school you in person?

SAR I
    If you were wealthy, I'd already be dead, and you would never have been bothered with the details.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Your logic: Idzik was the 7th "worst" GM candidate because he was the 7th -- and final -- one hired this offseason. They don't let you hire any staff, do they?
    Many league sources have told numerous members of the media that "this is the worst GM job in the NFL". Idzik was not interviewed or even on the short-lists of the other six NFL teams with GM openings.

The fact that the Jets were picked last for dodgeball should tell you something.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many league sources have told numerous members of the media that "this is the worst GM job in the NFL". Idzik was not interviewed or even on the short-lists of the other six NFL teams with GM openings.

The fact that the Jets were picked last for dodgeball should tell you something.

SAR I
    I don't like the way Woody leaked the story about trading Revis the day before the press confrence. It may prove to be a poison pill ie Favre and Tebow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Bring back childhood memories LOL!!!

In all seriousness, give this a chance, you never know what can happen... Besides, outside of selling the tix and not going to games, what else can you do.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    League Sources? Members of the Media? Sar, you have to stop getting your information from the bi-pollar, blowhard on the FAN who can't count to four.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Bring back childhood memories LOL!!!

In all seriousness, give this a chance, you never know what can happen... Besides, outside of selling the tix and not going to games, what else can you do.

Never forget, this was Idzik's mentor.

I'm going to be drinking heavily at the games I do indeed attend; reserve me a spot under the flags.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    League Sources? Members of the Media? Sar, you have to stop getting your information from the bi-pollar, blowhard on the FAN who can't count to four.
    Adam Schein confirmed this as well: No one else wanted Idzik, even knew he was alive.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adam Schein confirmed this as well: No one else wanted Idzik, even knew he was alive.

SAR I
    Oh, well adam schein said it, then it must be true.

Look its indisputable that idzik wasnt interveiwed for other jobs, but also lets not forget the "many guys who turned down our job".....how is unemployment working out for tom heckert?

Did anyone else interview brian gaine? No, well he must suck then too.

The fact is we interviewed a LOT of candidates and really only (based on rumors but thats all we have) were turned down by 1 guy, caldwell.

Korn Ferrys last GM hire has been an excellent fit in Seattle. Their last coach hire, brady hoke, has been excellent at michigan. I think ill take their judgement over yours.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Typical insecurity about wealth, is talking about how much wealth you have...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only reason why SAR is taking this standpoint is because John Idzik said Rex Ryan is a very good HC. SAR hates Rex Ryan. His hatred for the man has consumed him and taken away the brain that god gave him. Therefore, his hatred automatically extends to anyone who disagrees with him. Why do you think he doesn't have anyone on this board who agrees with him?

No one should care about SAR has to say. He's entitled to his opinion however ridiculous it is.

I just know everyone on this board is very happy that SAR is not running the NYJ.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Francesa and Schein? What's the matter, Lenny and Sqiuggy not available to comment? SAR, you are really reaching here when you are relying on two nitwits like that to argue your case. I agree with you alot, especially on Rex. Want him gone as much as you, for many of the same reasons. I think you are jumping the gun alot on this one, though. Give the man a chance, I think you will be surprised. Besides, what choice do we have now, anyway?

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    So what are you going to do about it, besides rant and rave at JI?