Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Yup, This Is A Cap Guy And Rex Is Running The Show

I think Sar = Mike Francessa of JI.

They actually might be the same person They both get Jets fans up in arms with ridiculous statements, maybe just for the lulz.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledge Hater #1 View Post
    This is the only type of guy the Jets would get to take this job. An accountant wannabe GM! What an absolute Joke!
    Hey now....I AM an accountant and I would

1) NEVER have drafted Vlad or Wilson with a 1st rounder.

2) Never have given mark a $hit load of cash after 2011.

I bet I could be a better GM than many.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    In the end, it will come down to this:

Can Idzik, Rex and Woody get us a QB who can be elite? If yes, then Idzik will be viewed as a success. If not, he'll be a failure just like Tanny & co.

Unfortunately, in 2013, it's all about the QB and ours is one of the worst starting QBs in the history of the NFL. ugh...

trade Revis? If it helps us get rid of Sanchez and acquire a good QB, ok then I'm all for it.

This team will suck as long as Sanchez is the starter. No HC, GM or Owner can change that.
    I wouldn't say it all comes down to getting a QB. Id say thats about 85% of it. The other 10% is o-line and wr's. The last 5% belongs to the defense with some play makers who can come up with stops here and there in big time situations.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    How stupid are you to cite the word collaborate to convince people that Rex has final decision, is running the show?

Is there no end to the level of nonsense you get when you open a SAR thread?

Another Rex sucks and needs to go thread from SAR? Shocking, surprising.
    I have a great idea.

Let's turn Jets Insider into a fan club and rub each other off as we discuss how great we are, how we're a twelve-win team, and how the Super Bowl is right around the corner.

Sound good?

SAR I

Idzik not a Mike T clone

Ivy league math major vs a lawyer. Spent his whole life in a football family and played in college. Mike T got into the game much later in his life and doesnt have a shred of football DNA. Also, Mike T somehow got to GM role 10 years faster. Idzik much more qualified.

Per the below link, MikeT did a bunch on his own. Drafting Hill is a good example since Ryan didnt like him. So, he ignored his staff and traded up for a player that wasnt popular.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ook/index.html

I'm guessing that Rex also didnt want Tebow since he never got him on the field. Seemed like a quiet rebellion.

I also sense that Idzik will give out less information like the Giants do. We need to shut up as an organization and win games to get media support. Right now our image is a bunch of loudmouth clowns. We need to fix this

Veteran
    >SAR I thread
    >mfw

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Seriously.

It's worse than KELLY!
    At least Kelly brings some manhood

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I actually got the opposite opinion. He isnt going to come out and say it is his way or the high way, but I get the feeling he is going to break all tie breakers in the room. He just doesnt strike me as the type of guy who likes to draw attention to himself.
    Ironic considering who the OP is no?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The only thing I might disagree with SAR on is in regards to the Personnel Dept., given it was Mr. T/Rex who made the numerous trades of draft picks to move up in the draft, and the stories of how the Personnel Department wanted Freeman, and then Kaepernick, and not wanting Stephen Hill, but were overruled. Add to that the reason Clinkscales left was because of constantly being overruled, then I have a hard time holding them overly accountable.

This is typical Sar. The team does something contrary to his well-honed football
    judgment and he goes on a juvenile tirade. Like when the Jets should have
    drafted the immortal Matt Leinart.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    Sar=Manish of JI
    Quote Originally Posted by loluchka80 View Post
    SAR = francessa of JI
    SAR = Fatcessas mildly retarded half brother.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

SAR I = Non Rex/Woody koolaid drinker.

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    This is typical Sar. The team does something contrary to his well-honed football
    judgment and he goes on a juvenile tirade. Like when the Jets should have
    drafted the immortal Matt Leinart.

Any reason you didn't put "well-honed" in quotes?

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I have a great idea.
    Let's turn Jets Insider into a fan club and rub each other off as we discuss how great we are, how we're a twelve-win team, and how the Super Bowl is right around the corner.

Sound good?

SAR I
    Or we could leave it the way it is and you could continue to rub yourself and tell everyone what an awesome "exec" you are.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mdkeller28 View Post
    Or we could leave it the way it is and you could continue to rub yourself and tell everyone what an awesome "exec" you are.
    lol

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I have a great idea.

Sound good?

SAR I
    This response, every foolish word does not explain how someone without an even a basic grasp of the English language could take the word collaboration and be convinced that it means we're looking at one person having control.

But hey, twist my words, wrongly. Somehow it makes your goofy logic go away. Makes your dumb post sound smart

Find one post where I come close to saying any of the things you claim I've posted. Find a 12 win prediction. I can find a boatload of idiotic SAR predictions.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 01-24-2013 at 03:37 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by scott dierking II View Post
    The only thing I might disagree with SAR on is in regards to the Personnel Dept., given it was Mr. T/Rex who made the numerous trades of draft picks to move up in the draft, and the stories of how the Personnel Department wanted Freeman, and then Kaepernick, and not wanting Stephen Hill, but were overruled. Add to that the reason Clinkscales left was because of constantly being overruled, then I have a hard time holding them overly accountable.
    Do you have a link to any/all of those accounts? I've heard them repeated, but never actually seen them myself.

I have heard Rex say that he was anti-Stephen Hill and if you are suggesting that the scouting department was against him, who was for him?

All Pro
    "Making the final decisions, when I say being collaborative, that's genuine, so my role is to develop consensus and provide direction. So that when we make decisions they are Jet decisions. I may hand in the card, but we make the decisions together. As far as my background, I have been around players since I was knee-high, I have had a myriad of different perspectives which I can lend to the Jets."

"I am the consensus builder. It's a collaborative effort."

It's the same old story with Tannenbaum's old staff and Rex Ryan too. Might as well have kept Mike, at least he's been working on player personnel for the past 6 years.

SAR I
    Just because it will be a collaborative effort does not mean he's going to let Rex make the calls, it means he wants imput from everybody before he decides. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

"I am the consensus builder. It's a collaborative effort."
    SAR I
    Thats exactly the system used in Seattle and you cant say it hasnt worked.

Jets Insider VIP
    If after hearing that press conference this isn't 100% cemented as fact I don't know what is.

SAR I