Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Yup, This Is A Cap Guy And Rex Is Running The Show

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by mdkeller28 View Post
    Or we could leave it the way it is and you could continue to rub yourself and tell everyone what an awesome "exec" you are.
    rotflmao well said!

If Rex truly had power and was a puppet master, then the idea of trading Revis would not even be in the discussion, don't you think? Rex loves Revis.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    If SAR is right, we are screwed.
    The Tick Tock is back on?

Hey everybody! we're gonna get LAID!

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I have a great idea.

Let's turn Jets Insider into a fan club and rub each other off as we discuss how great we are, how we're a twelve-win team, and how the Super Bowl is right around the corner.

Sound good?

SAR I
    TICK TOCK!

I have the Oils of Aphrodite!

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    If Rex truly had power and was a puppet master, then the idea of trading Revis would not even be in the discussion, don't you think? Rex loves Revis.
    Interesting thought, indeed. but it makes too much sense

Very unfair.

I watched the press conference, formed an opinion, and posted it. Let me ask you this: Did you hear anything today that made you say "Ah ha! This isn't just a cap guy!"? I know I didn't. Did you walk away impressed? Does he sound like an aggressive guy? Do you think he's the type that can stand up to Rex Ryan? Does he feel like a culture-changer?

First impressions, that's all I'm stating. I have no agenda other than to see the Jets win, I could care less if my ex-girlfriend is the head coach and my worst enemy is the GM.

SAR I
    Nobody gives a rat's a** about your opinion Sar! Do you think so highly of yourself that your opinion of his presser deserves a thread? Stop drinking your own coolaid. Your threads and posts are the worst part of this otherwise awesome website. I try not to read anything you post but unfortunately that's nearly impossible to do if someone wants to be a part of this forum..........

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by jetman in indy View Post

Nobody gives a rat's a** about your opinion Sar!
    Apparently, they do.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    TICK TOCK!

I have the Oils of Aphrodite!
    I will be standing immediately to your left.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    This response, every foolish word does not explain how someone without an even a basic grasp of the English language could take the word collaboration and be convinced that it means we're looking at one person having control.

But hey, twist my words, wrongly. Somehow it makes your goofy logic go away. Makes your dumb post sound smart

Find one post where I come close to saying any of the things you claim I've posted. Find a 12 win prediction. I can find a boatload of idiotic SAR predictions.
    I don't know what any of this means.

The only thing that should be on your mind today is that we just hired a cap guy when what we needed was a player-personnel guy. All of this defensive rah-rah talk this week about the poisoned media, all of this talk about an incomplete bio, all of that is a bunch of crap. The guy is an operations manager, admitted as much today several times, it's what he's been doing for the past 11 years.

You seem to be okay with that. I am not. It's the Jets who are going to suffer unfortunately.

SAR I

I don't know what any of this means.

The only thing that should be on your mind today is that we just hired a cap guy when what we needed was a player-personnel guy. All of this defensive rah-rah talk this week about the poisoned media, all of this talk about an incomplete bio, all of that is a bunch of crap. The guy is an operations manager, admitted as much today several times, it's what he's been doing for the past 11 years.

You seem to be okay with that. I am not. It's the Jets who are going to suffer unfortunately.

SAR I
    Again, if Rex is in major power, do you think that trading Revis would even be floated out there? Why would Rex want to trade a person whom he calls "the best player in franchise history"?

Exclamation

I'm really sorry. I don't want to feel this way.

I've been an executive for 25+ years

SAR I
    I'd assume with a guy of your "clout" being in that environment for as long as you say that you'd be owning and driving a Maybach, Bentley or a Porsche rather then leasing a 3 Series Beamer.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Again, if Rex is in major power, do you think that trading Revis would even be floated out there? Why would Rex want to trade a person whom he calls "the best player in franchise history"?
    Let me get this straight:

All last week we slammed the media for "unsubstantiated rumors and Jets hatred". But this particular Revis rumor we are giving the media credit for, must be a "leak", must be true.

Hypocrisy, much? Just cherry pick whatever rumors, innuendo, and emotional commentary suits what ever particular argument you're fighting against. That's how it works now?

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Oofus View Post
    I'd assume with a guy of your "clout" being in that environment for as long as you say that you'd be owning and driving a Maybach, Bentley or a Porsche rather then leasing a 3 Series Beamer.
    I can afford a $1,500 a month Bentley.

Doesn't mean I need anything more than my $608 a month BMW.

Common people think I am a yuppie snob. Wealthy people think I am being financially responsible. It's a car that wins both ways.

SAR I

Let me get this straight:

All last week we slammed the media for "unsubstantiated rumors and Jets hatred". But this particular Revis rumor we are giving the media credit for, must be a "leak", must be true.

Hypocrisy, much? Just cherry pick whatever rumors, innuendo, and emotional commentary suits what ever particular argument you're fighting against. That's how it works now?

SAR I
    So you believe that this rumor is not true at all. Okay that's fair.

All Pro
    I'm really sorry. I don't want to feel this way.

I've been an executive for 25+ years and John Idzik just rattled off every Business 101 cliche I've ever heard at every national conference in one 25 minute presser.

And if looking at him and listening to him talk is any indication, he's a softie, a nice guy, someone who runs a business in a certain way and that he thinks a smooth operation will get us wins.

And the "its a process" and "Play Like a Jet", ugh.

SAR I
    We don't want you to tell us how you feel either. Man up. Dry your little tears, and If you need help go see someone, but enough is enough man. Show some self respect.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

So you believe that this is not true at all. Okay that's fair.
    Just like with John Idzik I am not sure what to believe.

As far as Revis goes, I think we should trade him and try to get something of value but I don't think anyone in the Jets organization would have leaked that the night before the new GM announcement. While Rex Ryan is a big fan of Revis, from all accounts it looks like Woody Johnson is not and he's the man that has always caused financial disconnects between Darrelle's people and the Jets.

SAR I

Just like with John Idzik I am not sure what to believe.

As far as Revis goes, I think we should trade him and try to get something of value but I don't think anyone in the Jets organization would have leaked that the night before the new GM announcement. While Rex Ryan is a big fan of Revis, from all accounts it looks like Woody Johnson is not and he's the man that has always caused financial disconnects between Darrelle's people and the Jets.

SAR I
    But if Rex has control over Woody, then why would Woody want to disconnect.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    We don't want you to tell us how you feel either. Man up. Dry your little tears, and If you need help go see someone, but enough is enough man. Show some self respect.
    I am pretty certain that I am one of the few business executives on Jets Insider, so as I was listening to this press conference I was immediately struck by all of the businessman code spewed throughout and thought I should share with the rest of the group.

No different than, say, a plumber listening to a TV show about someone denying he was a plumber yet hearing all of the keywords and phrases that made it apparent that the man was indeed just a plumber.

No true football man or experienced general manager would have used all of the Business 101 phrases, buzzwords, and politically correct terminology as Idzik did today. While we can listen to the football content and draw a conclusion that he's being secretive, nothing can hide the fact that his word choices and language demeanor indicate quite clearly that he is a very experienced operational businessman. The kind of guy you would want to lead the distribution center at Target, not the type of guy you would trust to pick college football talent.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

But if Rex has control over Woody, then why would Woody want to disconnect.
    I get the impression that Rex is given full latitude on football matters but when it comes to writing the checks Woody Johnson has final say. As relates to Revis specifically, we have gone through this now three times where Revis wants more, the Jets play hardball, Revis gets pissy, the Jets act ambivalent.

By the time the Jets are ready to compete for a playoff spot again, Darrelle Revis will be 31 years old. He's damaged goods, he's getting very expensive, and we can win 5 games for the next 2 years without him.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    SAR, just noticed your new status. I think he might be there already.