Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Yup, This Is A Cap Guy And Rex Is Running The Show

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Not in the mood to be Strawfished today though I appreciate your attempt.

I know what I just heard and what I just heard was 30 minutes of what a process-driven operations manager would say if he just took a new VP job at WalMart.

"It's a team effort."
    "We're going to be collaberative."
    "We are going to hit the ground running."
    "It's the power of 'we'."
    "Free agency will be thoughtful, judicious, full of research."
    "Going to do a thorough review. Then short-term planning."
    "My role is to develop consensus and provide direction."
    "Every year is a clean slate."
    "This is a great infrastructure."
    "There is no discreet timetable for improvement."
    "Develop a baseline, develop a course off of that."
    "Every day is a new beginning."
    "Pushing the envelope leads to sustainability."
    "It's the power of "we" not the power of "me"."

Bill Parcells comes in here and says "we're not going to be a horses ass anymore" and John Idzik comes in here and just wrote the motivational t-shirt slogans for the next 10 years of training camp.

SAR I
    You never answer these questions b/c at the end of the day you just like to come and b*tch and moan about whatever is said. If you actually put your name behind an idea you'd be petrified that if a guy came in and said that you'd have nothing to complain about. You have been trolling so much this offseason. Patman is head and shoulders a more valuable poster on this board than you. A pats troll... better than you... sigh, what have you come to...

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Yeah, no cliche there.
    Especially as we won fk all while he was coach went to 1 fewer AFCCG with him than Rex has managed and both he and his hand-picked co-driver soon got off the bus when the traffic got a little too heavy for them

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Heres the thing that actually would be a great discussion point for this board, unfortunately it will probably get lost in the wreckage of yet another argument with Same Assinine Rhetoric.

In my opinion our scouting department is actually very good. Who have been our "terrible picks"?

Everyone loves to mention vlad ducasse...fine, we have a "bust" there picked 61st overall.

Kyle Wilson is an above average NFL starter as are kerley, slauson, and dustin keller.

Greene has gained 1000 yards twice and powell seems like a capable 2nd back (im downplaying here for arguements sake, i personally think he is a definite 1000 rusher and better player then greene).

Wilkerson is a monster and should have been a pro-bowler and coples had an excellent rookie year.

Hill and Ellis are developmental players with huge physical upside.

The Jets problem is NOT our ability to evaluate college talent....it is having a PLAN. We traded away too man draft picks to then pay veterans big salaries (Cro), misjudged how some players would fall off (bart and harris) and gave terrible contracts (sanchez, harris and revis).

So what SHOULD the team do....maybe hire someone who knows what it takes to build a winning group, understands player/contract value, knows what qualities he wants in players attitude and skill and who is SMART enough to keep the scouting department in tact.

Seems like we have exactly what we need.
    Great post and dead on.If anything our pro-scouting needs to be better but take a look at some of the drafts we've had down the years and compare to the last decade and it's obvious our college scouting is not the issue

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Oofus View Post
    I am not the type to campout in threads like you seem to do but be that as it may and suffice to say it would much more then the $1,500 per/month for a Bentley there dude.

You can get the same thing by "renting" a Hyundai Equus as it's up there with the Beamers and in some ways surpasses it (HP for instance) but hey, it doesn't have the prestige as you think it does driving what you're driving but truth be told you see people living on rent subsidy and food stamps driving Beamers lol nothing noteworthy driving owning or leasing one these days.

I think you're mistaking common people thinking you're a yuppie snob when you are least to me seem like nothing more then an attention getter but whatever floats your boat and makes you feel worthy is cool with me.

Finally along the attention seeking lines, and again this is just my opinion but you seem to strive for and receive far more unneeded attention here then Tim Tebow does in print and tv combined.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could throw the ball better then Tim but I'm sure he could never be as pompous as you and he doesn't have 25+ years in finance and could probably own a fleet of Beamers lol.

What does SAR1 really stand for anyway? Seriously Anal Retentive 1?

I'm done toying with you Tim, I mean SAR so enjoy the rest of your night in look at me fashion.
    I'm pretty sure it's Sari pronounced Sorry which now as you see, makes perfect sense.

Veteran
    I'm really sorry. I don't want to feel this way.

I've been an executive for 25+ years and John Idzik just rattled off every Business 101 cliche I've ever heard at every national conference in one 25 minute presser.

And if looking at him and listening to him talk is any indication, he's a softie, a nice guy, someone who runs a business in a certain way and that he thinks a smooth operation will get us wins.

And the "its a process" and "Play Like a Jet", ugh.

SAR I
    Based on the your attitude as seen through your posts, your 25 years as an executive must be by working for yourself so you can't get fired. If by chance you are successful it must only be by chance.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Based on the your attitude as seen through your posts, your 25 years as an executive must be by working for yourself so you can't get fired. If by chance you are successful it must only be by chance.
    or he inherited it! Or he is an executive chef at McDonald's. In any event he is a yawn

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    If you want to be treated like an adult then stop throwing your little temper tantrums, and act like one.
    well said and I agree. The guy bses about $1500 a month Bentley vs a $600 a mont BMW. If he is so rich why would he have monthly payments vs buying outright? Wealthy people with brains do not make payments! They buy outright in cash and get a discount for doing it!

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    well said and I agree. The guy bses about $1500 a month Bentley vs a $600 a mont BMW. If he is so rich why would he have monthly payments vs buying outright? Wealthy people with brains do not make payments! They buy outright in cash and get a discount for doing it!
    If you had an accountant, he'd advise against tying up $50,000 in a depreciating asset and towards leasing at $608 a month.

The $50,000 cash I could have spent to buy the car outright winds up invested in several funds and makes money during the 3 years of the lease which puts me ahead of where I would have been to trade a fully depreciated 3 Series back to BMW.

Stick to what you know. This isn't your forte. Wealthy people stay wealthy by knowing how not to spend money.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    You never answer these questions b/c at the end of the day you just like to come and b*tch and moan about whatever is said. If you actually put your name behind an idea you'd be petrified that if a guy came in and said that you'd have nothing to complain about. You have been trolling so much this offseason. Patman is head and shoulders a more valuable poster on this board than you. A pats troll... better than you... sigh, what have you come to...
    No. The "trolling" being done here is by the likes of you against me.

I'm just posting opinions. Those that don't agree with those opinions just can't a) walk away or b) debate the disagreement, instead they c) start in with the juvenile personal attacks. You know, like you're doing right here.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    If SAR is right, we are screwed.
    Not really, we were already screwed. Whatever Idzik is, is certainly not a loser. I'm sure, he will bring something more than Mike T...

He gets 1 draft and off season before we tear him up, no?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Oofus View Post
    I am not the type to campout in threads like you seem to do but be that as it may and suffice to say it would much more then the $1,500 per/month for a Bentley there dude.

You can get the same thing by "renting" a Hyundai Equus as it's up there with the Beamers and in some ways surpasses it (HP for instance) but hey, it doesn't have the prestige as you think it does driving what you're driving but truth be told you see people living on rent subsidy and food stamps driving Beamers lol nothing noteworthy driving owning or leasing one these days.

I think you're mistaking common people thinking you're a yuppie snob when you are least to me seem like nothing more then an attention getter but whatever floats your boat and makes you feel worthy is cool with me.

Finally along the attention seeking lines, and again this is just my opinion but you seem to strive for and receive far more unneeded attention here then Tim Tebow does in print and tv combined.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could throw the ball better then Tim but I'm sure he could never be as pompous as you and he doesn't have 25+ years in finance and could probably own a fleet of Beamers lol.

What does SAR1 really stand for anyway? Seriously Anal Retentive 1?

I'm done toying with you Tim, I mean SAR so enjoy the rest of your night in look at me fashion.
    I'm guessing you're a 19 year old college student so I'll refrain from commenting on whatever this thing is you're trying to say.

Go Jets.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    Not really, we were already screwed. Whatever Idzik is, is certainly not a loser. I'm sure, he will bring something more than Mike T...

He gets 1 draft and off season before we tear him up, no?
    My concern is simple:

It's perfectly fine to go get the 7th worst GM candidate in a given offseason, and an operations managing capologist to boot.

But you can't do that when the team is a train wreck, you've got no quarterback, you have no offensive playmakers, all the coordinators and coaches have quit, you only have 10 starters under contract, and you have age issues on defense.

At a time like this when we're arguably the biggest hot mess in team history, Woody Johnson should have pulled his inner Leon Hess and done something radical and dramatic. Get Andy Reid and give him total control. Coerce Bill Cowher out of television. Get Bill Polian out of retirement. Instead, we do the opposite, play turtle at the worst possible time.

So, it's cool to go Capologist, but not right now.

SAR I

If you had an accountant, he'd advise against tying up $50,000 in a depreciating asset and towards leasing at $608 a month.

The $50,000 cash I could have spent to buy the car outright winds up invested in several funds and makes money during the 3 years of the lease which puts me ahead of where I would have been to trade a fully depreciated 3 Series back to BMW.

Stick to what you know. This isn't your forte. Wealthy people stay wealthy by knowing how not to spend money.

SAR I
    About to type a similar response. Really, a very simple philosophy.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Wealthy/smart people do not pay cash for big purchases. because if they did they would lose all that earning power of that lump sum. Wealthy people collateralize big purchases. That's how they stay rich. They never lose the most powerful thing there is..... Compound interest. "Infinite banking" that's how wealthy people pay for things. Check it out

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    About to type a similar response. Really, a very simple philosophy.
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Wealthy/smart people do not pay cash for big purchases. because if they did they would lose all that earning power of that lump sum. Wealthy people collateralize big purchases. That's how they stay rich. They never lose the most powerful thing there is..... Compound interest. "Infinite banking" that's how wealthy people pay for things. Check it out
    Glad there are some other adults on tonight.

The other myth that never seems to get busted is that leasing is more expensive than owning. This 80's stuff about "Leasing gets you into a car you can't afford!" isn't the way it is today. Back then, the model was all about buying. Today, the model is all about leasing. Those who buy cars, keep them, and sell them, are getting the cheaper deal. Those who lease perpetually spend more, mostly because it's a turnkey experience. I'm drawn to BMW in part because of their unlimited service warranty which has me paying $0 for maintenance or repairs. I don't pay for oil changes, tune-ups, or even wiper blades. Gasoline and tires, that's it.

So I avoid a depreciating asset and I can accurately budget the cost of automotive maintenance, two major wins from a financial planning standpoint.

SAR I

SAR I
    Depends on how long you decide to own the asset. At the end of a three year lease at $608 equals about 22000 if you own the car for 7 years or more you are in the black ... also you need to consider that subsequent leases most likely will clock in greater than 608 for the same valued car three years from now. Also ... if you add in how volatile the stock market has been the past few years you have to agree that investing in stocks has never been riskier, also the housing market has never been a bigger question mark so real estate is no longer a sure thing unless your buying manhattan.

My wife is a CPA and preaches to no end about the time value of money, but even she says that buying cars for cash 'can' be a smart transaction.

not saying your wrong ... just saying your not always right.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 01-24-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Glad there are some other adults on tonight.

The other myth that never seems to get busted is that leasing is more expensive than owning. This 80's stuff about "Leasing gets you into a car you can't afford!" isn't the way it is today. Back then, the model was all about buying. Today, the model is all about leasing. Those who buy cars, keep them, and sell them, are getting the cheaper deal. Those who lease perpetually spend more, mostly because it's a turnkey experience. I'm drawn to BMW in part because of their unlimited service warranty which has me paying $0 for maintenance or repairs. I don't pay for oil changes, tune-ups, or even wiper blades. Gasoline and tires, that's it.

So I avoid a depreciating asset and I can accurately budget the cost of automotive maintenance, two major wins from a financial planning standpoint.

SAR I
    .... yeah .. but the zero maintenance is a bit quirky ... they say you only need an oil change once a year. While this might be technically true ... it scares the crap out me since in six years i will have only changed the oil six times.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    .... yeah .. but the zero maintenance is a bit quirky ... they say you only need an oil change once a year. While this might be technically true ... it scares the crap out me since in six years i will have only changed the oil six times.
    What are you driving?

SAR I

What are you driving?

SAR I
    You guys should get a room at the next lease vs buy convention.

Jesus and I thought a room full of CPAs was bad.

All Pro

SAR I
    I already explained to you that you are no where near wealthy. Wealthy people don't need their accountant to explain anything to them. They have people for that. They don't buy cars unless you happen to be an enthusiast. Then you may buy a vintage classic Bentley, but no way you'd buy a BMW. Fricken Volkswagen with leather seats. Otherwise they have the butler call the driver to bring the car around. Wealthy people are sickened by you. You may do business for them, but they don't know it, or care to know. You are a commoner that just happens to have some money. Some may consider you rich, but wealth is different realm.