Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 255

Thread: Yup, This Is A Cap Guy And Rex Is Running The Show

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,391
    Post Thanks / Like

    Yup, This Is A Cap Guy And Rex Is Running The Show

    If after hearing that press conference this isn't 100% cemented as fact I don't know what is.

    SAR I

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    3,462
    Post Thanks / Like

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    5,505
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow guess I was listening to different PC than you where. But them again I don't hate Rex like u do

  4. #4
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Wow guess I was listening to different PC than you where. But them again I don't hate Rex like u do
    "Making the final decisions, when I say being collaborative, that's genuine, so my role is to develop consensus and provide direction. So that when we make decisions they are Jet decisions. I may hand in the card, but we make the decisions together. As far as my background, I have been around players since I was knee-high, I have had a myriad of different perspectives which I can lend to the Jets."

    "I am the consensus builder. It's a collaborative effort."

    It's the same old story with Tannenbaum's old staff and Rex Ryan too. Might as well have kept Mike, at least he's been working on player personnel for the past 6 years.

    SAR I

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,019
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was not expecting this from Sar at all!

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,050
    Post Thanks / Like

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    If SAR is right, we are screwed.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,722
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually got the opposite opinion. He isnt going to come out and say it is his way or the high way, but I get the feeling he is going to break all tie breakers in the room. He just doesnt strike me as the type of guy who likes to draw attention to himself.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,207
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    If SAR is right, we are screwed.
    That's a big "if".

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,534
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are totally clueless. You have no idea what you're talking about. Please stop telling us what to think.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,817
    Post Thanks / Like

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,907
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sigh. When will the mods make this stop? Useless clutter that is full of bias and lacking of actual facts.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by SyracuseJet; 01-24-2013 at 11:40 AM.

  13. #13
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    I was not expecting this from Sar at all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post

    If SAR is right, we are screwed.
    I'm really sorry. I don't want to feel this way.

    I've been an executive for 25+ years and John Idzik just rattled off every Business 101 cliche I've ever heard at every national conference in one 25 minute presser.

    And if looking at him and listening to him talk is any indication, he's a softie, a nice guy, someone who runs a business in a certain way and that he thinks a smooth operation will get us wins.

    And the "its a process" and "Play Like a Jet", ugh.

    SAR I

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    13,041
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    Sigh. When will the mods make this stop? Useless clutter with that is full of bias and lacking of actual facts.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Seriously.

    It's worse than KELLY!

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,392
    Post Thanks / Like
    you must have ALOT of friends


  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    13,041
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I'm really sorry. I don't want to feel this way.

    I've been an executive for 25+ years and John Idzik just rattled off every Business 101 cliche I've ever heard at every national conference in one 25 minute presser.

    And if looking at him and listening to him talk is any indication, he's a softie, a nice guy, someone who runs a business in a certain way and that he thinks a smooth operation will get us wins.

    And the "its a process" and "Play Like a Jet", ugh.

    SAR I
    Buushizz, and GFAG

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,207
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    Sigh. When will the mods make this stop? Useless clutter with that is full of bias and lacking of actual facts.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Just remember....SAR has no bias, and leaves nothing out. Well, apart from the things that he leaves out.

  18. #18
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If after hearing that press conference this isn't 100% cemented as fact I don't know what is.

    SAR I
    Disagree. I doubt any new GM would come in in his initial presser and say "Screw the Head Coach, this is MY Show, I'm pickign all the players alone, and the Coach will damn well like it, and he BETTER win with what I, in my brilliance, give him."

    Pretty much any professional is going to SAY "We're all in it together, and will try to find consensus on players" cause thats just what you say.

    Like I said elsewhere, judging a new GM by what he says in his introduction presser is the worst possible form of evaluation.

    Lets see what he does, then we'll have plenty of real decisions to judge. Not fluff Presser words. Words are cheap.

    I've been an executive for 25+ years and John Idzik just rattled off every Business 101 cliche I've ever heard at every national conference in one 25 minute presser.
    Exactly. Which is exactly what he should do. There is a reason, after all, why these as cliches and you've heard them at every national conference in the past.

    What, did you expect trailblazing and new at an introductory presser? Really?

    Give us an example of what, specificly, you WANTED to hear him say.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,199
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your opinion sar, not necessarily fact, and for all Jets fans sake I hope your prediction falls flat on it's face....

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I'm really sorry. I don't want to feel this way.

    I've been an executive for 25+ years and John Idzik just rattled off every Business 101 cliche I've ever heard at every national conference in one 25 minute presser.
    What exactly were you expecting besides PC blather?

    Happy to be here
    Explore options
    Love my wife
    Interviews were great
    There's no "I" in TEAM

    blablabla

    Proof is in the pudding. For now, I feel safe a top respected consultant helped us pick this guy.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us