Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 255

Thread: Yup, This Is A Cap Guy And Rex Is Running The Show

  1. #181
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I can afford a $1,500 a month Bentley.

    Doesn't mean I need anything more than my $608 a month BMW.

    Common people think I am a yuppie snob. Wealthy people think I am being financially responsible. It's a car that wins both ways.

    SAR I
    Sure, if you say it on the internet, it has to be true. Just ask Manti Te'o

  2. #182
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I am pretty certain that I am one of the few business executives on Jets Insider, so as I was listening to this press conference I was immediately struck by all of the businessman code spewed throughout and thought I should share with the rest of the group.

    No different than, say, a plumber listening to a TV show about someone denying he was a plumber yet hearing all of the keywords and phrases that made it apparent that the man was indeed just a plumber.

    No true football man or experienced general manager would have used all of the Business 101 phrases, buzzwords, and politically correct terminology as Idzik did today. While we can listen to the football content and draw a conclusion that he's being secretive, nothing can hide the fact that his word choices and language demeanor indicate quite clearly that he is a very experienced operational businessman. The kind of guy you would want to lead the distribution center at Target, not the type of guy you would trust to pick college football talent.

    SAR I
    Most of my clients are actual, successful business executive and I can assure you, none of them spend as much time on message boards during a work day as you...

  3. #183
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,383
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I am pretty certain that I am one of the few business executives on Jets Insider, so as I was listening to this press conference I was immediately struck by all of the businessman code spewed throughout and thought I should share with the rest of the group.

    No different than, say, a plumber listening to a TV show about someone denying he was a plumber yet hearing all of the keywords and phrases that made it apparent that the man was indeed just a plumber.

    No true football man or experienced general manager would have used all of the Business 101 phrases, buzzwords, and politically correct terminology as Idzik did today. While we can listen to the football content and draw a conclusion that he's being secretive, nothing can hide the fact that his word choices and language demeanor indicate quite clearly that he is a very experienced operational businessman. The kind of guy you would want to lead the distribution center at Target, not the type of guy you would trust to pick college football talent.

    SAR I
    So you're saying that if you were the GM you would do whatever Rex told you to do? Listen we know the guy's a businessman. It doesn't mean he doesn't know football. Apparently this guy has thrown himself into every facet of the game, and works 18 hour days to learn everything. He is in charge of running the Jets, which I'm told is a business. If he sounded like he didn't know what he was talking about that would make you feel better? He sure doesn't sound like Tanny to me. We have no idea how good he's going to be so please stop over reacting to every little thing, or in this case, nothing. It's kind of girlish.

  4. #184
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstern35 View Post
    Most of my clients are actual, successful business executive and I can assure you, none of them spend as much time on message boards during a work day as you...
    a zing on overall post #10!!!! well done, rook! and so so true

  5. #185
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,457
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    No true football man or experienced general manager would have used all of the Business 101 phrases, buzzwords, and politically correct terminology as Idzik did today. While we can listen to the football content and draw a conclusion that he's being secretive, nothing can hide the fact that his word choices and language demeanor indicate quite clearly that he is a very experienced operational businessman. The kind of guy you would want to lead the distribution center at Target, not the type of guy you would trust to pick college football talent.

    SAR I
    What are you, a moron? Being a knowledgeable business person does not preclude knowing football. You have so little space in your brain that the two can't coexist? Why can't a football guy be a business guy too? Don't answer, it's rhetorical.

  6. #186
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,654
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I am pretty certain that I am one of the few business executives on Jets Insider, so as I was listening to this press conference I was immediately struck by all of the businessman code spewed throughout and thought I should share with the rest of the group.

    No different than, say, a plumber listening to a TV show about someone denying he was a plumber yet hearing all of the keywords and phrases that made it apparent that the man was indeed just a plumber.

    No true football man or experienced general manager would have used all of the Business 101 phrases, buzzwords, and politically correct terminology as Idzik did today. While we can listen to the football content and draw a conclusion that he's beying secretive, nothing can hide the fact that his word choices and language demeanor indicate quite clearly that he is a very experienced operational businessman. The kind of guy you would want to lead the distribution center at Target, not the type of guy you would trust to pick college football talent.



    SAR I
    Look at me. I'm sar1. I'm a business executive and can instantly judge a football gm that I never heard of last week. I drive a bmw with a bumper sticker that says "my other car is a bentley". since I am the elder stateman of JI and make more money than everyone else, my insight and opinions on the jets are just better than yours

    You want to see quick judgement? How about this: after reading 5 of your last posts it is in my opinion that you have no friends

  7. #187
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,382
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    SAR, just noticed your new status. I think he might be there already.
    Sadly, yes.

    SAR I

  8. #188
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,383
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    What are you, a moron? Being a knowledgeable business person does not preclude knowing football. You have so little space in your brain that the two can't coexist? Why can't a football guy be a business guy too? Don't answer, it's rhetorical.
    If Sar really is a highly capable businessman he is the poster boy for his argument that businessman no nothing about football.

  9. #189
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,382
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Sure, if you say it on the internet, it has to be true. Just ask Manti Te'o
    You don't have to believe me. But calling me a liar isn't appropriate.

    SAR I

  10. #190
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,382
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstern35 View Post
    Most of my clients are actual, successful business executive and I can assure you, none of them spend as much time on message boards during a work day as you...
    Perhaps they don't have 18 direct and indirect reports who lead the teams who do the actual work.

    SAR I

  11. #191
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,382
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    So you're saying that if you were the GM you would do whatever Rex told you to do? Listen we know the guy's a businessman. It doesn't mean he doesn't know football. Apparently this guy has thrown himself into every facet of the game, and works 18 hour days to learn everything. He is in charge of running the Jets, which I'm told is a business. If he sounded like he didn't know what he was talking about that would make you feel better? He sure doesn't sound like Tanny to me. We have no idea how good he's going to be so please stop over reacting to every little thing, or in this case, nothing. It's kind of girlish.
    A GM needs to be two things, and one of those things this guy has nailed down in buckets, no worries there on the cap/contract/operations end.

    But the other side is more important right now because he's not inheriting a very good team stocked with young talent. So I'd have preferred we hire a great player-picker who needed a few years to grow into the operations role, not the other way around.

    And I'm not overreacting to anything. I posted an opinion, a simple one, that went like this: "Idzik is a cap guy and has been an operations manager for the last 11 years".

    And then the Unicorn & Rainbows Coalition went nuclear because they can't hear anything negative about the Jets, nope, can't have that now can we.

    SAR I

  12. #192
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,416
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    It's highly doubtful that SAR has anything to do with 'clients'.
    Only as client #10.

  13. #193
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Perhaps they don't have 18 direct and indirect reports who lead the teams who do the actual work.

    SAR I
    ok. so you do nothing.

  14. #194
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,382
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    What are you, a moron? Being a knowledgeable business person does not preclude knowing football. You have so little space in your brain that the two can't coexist? Why can't a football guy be a business guy too? Don't answer, it's rhetorical.
    Listen little girl, calling adults "morons" isn't a very lady-like thing to do.

    The Jets have massive problems, huge issues, and you're here trying to argue whether a guy whose resume has the last 11 years in an operations role and who just told us that he's going to lead a 'collaboration' is also capable of picking players. Get another hobby, young lady.

    SAR I

  15. #195
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,382
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    Look at me. I'm sar1. I'm a business executive and can instantly judge a football gm that I never heard of last week. I drive a bmw with a bumper sticker that says "my other car is a bentley". since I am the elder stateman of JI and make more money than everyone else, my insight and opinions on the jets are just better than yours

    You want to see quick judgement? How about this: after reading 5 of your last posts it is in my opinion that you have no friends
    I'm going to say something now so horrible, so terrible, so volatile that it's going to make the hair on the back of your neck stand up and your blood boil:

    "John Idzik is a cap guy."

    Waaa! Waaa! Oh, the humanity! Such hurt SAR has put on the Jets Insider community! Oh, no! How could he do something so awful?!

    SAR I

  16. #196
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Perhaps they don't have 18 direct and indirect reports who lead the teams who do the actual work.

    SAR I
    Lol... your right, some have quite a bit more than that.

    Got to love when people subscribe to the belief that executives do nothing because they have people doing all the work for them. The executives that holds true for are what we refer to as "expendable".

  17. #197
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,383
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    A GM needs to be two things, and one of those things this guy has nailed down in buckets, no worries there on the cap/contract/operations end.

    But the other side is more important right now because he's not inheriting a very good team stocked with young talent. So I'd have preferred we hire a great player-picker who needed a few years to grow into the operations role, not the other way around.

    And I'm not overreacting to anything. I posted an opinion, a simple one, that went like this: "Idzik is a cap guy and has been an operations manager for the last 11 years".

    And then the Unicorn & Rainbows Coalition went nuclear because they can't hear anything negative about the Jets, nope, can't have that now can we.

    SAR I
    I know what I'm looking at, and I don't always believe things will work out, but I only talk about the things that can be changed, and even then I always temper my judgments, because you never know for sure. I was wrong once, and I will never be again, because I only say what I know, and I always leave room to wiggle. If I'm not happy with something I can't change, I don't mention it, because I'm, you know, a grown man. So in other words, before we hired a GM you could give your opinions on who you wanted, and whether or not Rex would be fired. Now that we have a GM, and Rex is staying the best you could do is cry, and whine about it. It's not going to change, so you should sit back and see what happens. I'm pretty sure you'll continue to throw your little fits, but I am all rainbows and unicorns, and I believe it's possible you'll grow up one day.

    Oh yeah btw, you are not wealthy. Rich maybe, and being rich does not in any way make you more than common.

  18. #198
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,654
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I'm going to say something now so horrible, so terrible, so volatile that it's going to make the hair on the back of your neck stand up and your blood boil:

    "John Idzik is a cap guy."

    Waaa! Waaa! Oh, the humanity! Such hurt SAR has put on the Jets Insider community! Oh, no! How could he do something so awful?!

    SAR I
    SAR I'm not judging your opinion, just how you go about getting it across.

    As for idzik, none of us were in the interview room. None of us know his ideas, vision, or capabilities no matter what you think you gleaned from a 15 min press conference. I don't care what he is, to me, right now, all he is is hope.

  19. #199
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,383
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Listen little girl, calling adults "morons" isn't a very lady-like thing to do.

    The Jets have massive problems, huge issues, and you're here trying to argue whether a guy whose resume has the last 11 years in an operations role and who just told us that he's going to lead a 'collaboration' is also capable of picking players. Get another hobby, young lady.

    SAR I
    If you want to be treated like an adult then stop throwing your little temper tantrums, and act like one.

  20. #200
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    West Philly
    Posts
    94
    Post Thanks / Like

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I can afford a $1,500 a month Bentley.

    Doesn't mean I need anything more than my $608 a month BMW.

    Common people think I am a yuppie snob. Wealthy people think I am being financially responsible. It's a car that wins both ways.

    SAR I
    I am not the type to campout in threads like you seem to do but be that as it may and suffice to say it would much more then the $1,500 per/month for a Bentley there dude.

    You can get the same thing by "renting" a Hyundai Equus as it's up there with the Beamers and in some ways surpasses it (HP for instance) but hey, it doesn't have the prestige as you think it does driving what you're driving but truth be told you see people living on rent subsidy and food stamps driving Beamers lol nothing noteworthy driving owning or leasing one these days.

    I think you're mistaking common people thinking you're a yuppie snob when you are least to me seem like nothing more then an attention getter but whatever floats your boat and makes you feel worthy is cool with me.

    Finally along the attention seeking lines, and again this is just my opinion but you seem to strive for and receive far more unneeded attention here then Tim Tebow does in print and tv combined.

    I wouldn't be surprised if you could throw the ball better then Tim but I'm sure he could never be as pompous as you and he doesn't have 25+ years in finance and could probably own a fleet of Beamers lol.

    What does SAR1 really stand for anyway? Seriously Anal Retentive 1?

    I'm done toying with you Tim, I mean SAR so enjoy the rest of your night in look at me fashion.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us