Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 241 to 255 of 255

Thread: Yup, This Is A Cap Guy And Rex Is Running The Show

  1. #241
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,267
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post


    Never forget, this was Idzik's mentor.

    I'm going to be drinking heavily at the games I do indeed attend; reserve me a spot under the flags.

    SAR I
    A tailgate??? Anytime you want to swing by I will have a Stella...

  2. #242
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    998
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I'm really sorry. I don't want to feel this way.

    I've been an executive for 25+ years and John Idzik just rattled off every Business 101 cliche I've ever heard at every national conference in one 25 minute presser.

    And if looking at him and listening to him talk is any indication, he's a softie, a nice guy, someone who runs a business in a certain way and that he thinks a smooth operation will get us wins.

    And the "its a process" and "Play Like a Jet", ugh.

    SAR I
    I don't disagree with the dissatifaction, but there is not one media hound that has the intelligence or executive savvy to understand an advance answer with any detail. Plus the message will get spun in a way that sells readership etc. Thats why when you listen to an executive in a press conference you always get general answers with cliches, unless it i a product announcement, e.g. Jobs and Apple (RIP).

  3. #243
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    998
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    A tailgate??? Anytime you want to swing by I will have a Stella...
    Which one, Keeshan or the Moose?










  4. #244
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    551
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post


    Never forget, this was Idzik's mentor.

    I'm going to be drinking heavily at the games I do indeed attend; reserve me a spot under the flags.

    SAR I
    Hey at least Captain Kangaroo was a Jet's fan!

  5. #245
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    Typical insecurity about wealth, is talking about how much wealth you have...
    Yeah, that cliche isn't happening this time.

    SAR I

  6. #246
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    The only reason why SAR is taking this standpoint is because John Idzik said Rex Ryan is a very good HC. SAR hates Rex Ryan. His hatred for the man has consumed him and taken away the brain that god gave him. Therefore, his hatred automatically extends to anyone who disagrees with him. Why do you think he doesn't have anyone on this board who agrees with him?

    No one should care about SAR has to say. He's entitled to his opinion however ridiculous it is.

    I just know everyone on this board is very happy that SAR is not running the NYJ.
    Stop thinking on my behalf. You're not very good at it. Instead, just ask me.

    What? What's that you say? You want to know my motivation for being disappointed in John Idzik? Thanks for asking. Here's my answer:

    Because we don't need a cap guy, we need a player-personnel guy.

    Nothing to do with Rex Ryan. Everything to do with the GM position.

    SAR I

  7. #247
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Francesa and Schein? What's the matter, Lenny and Sqiuggy not available to comment? SAR, you are really reaching here when you are relying on two nitwits like that to argue your case. I agree with you alot, especially on Rex. Want him gone as much as you, for many of the same reasons. I think you are jumping the gun alot on this one, though. Give the man a chance, I think you will be surprised. Besides, what choice do we have now, anyway?
    If those two national broadcasters go on the air and quote sources, those sources exist and the information is accurate.

    The media is not out to get the Jets. Distasteful things you hear on the air are a byproduct of a lousy organization, not a deceitful media. Ratings for Loud Mouths and Mike's On do not go up because a sentence is uttered saying "numerous NFL sources have told me that no one wanted this guy, never even heard of him".

    Not one extra listener tunes in to hear that, doesn't drive ratings, doesn't drive revenue. Just drives you crazy to hear a truth you don't want to accept.

    SAR I

  8. #248
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    So what are you going to do about it, besides rant and rave at JI?
    I'm going to sell my 2013 tickets to the Raiders, Dolphins, Saints, Steelers, and Patriots games for 2x face value to fans of those teams.

    And once we open the season 0-6 I'm going to stop going to the 3 games I intended to go to and be a no-show.

    In the end, I'll make a decent profit on the season, for 5 games I'll put enemy fans in there who won't buy t-shirts, and for 3 games I'll leave the seats empty for the TV cameras.

    SAR I

  9. #249
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Stop thinking on my behalf. You're not very good at it. Instead, just ask me.

    What? What's that you say? You want to know my motivation for being disappointed in John Idzik? Thanks for asking. Here's my answer:

    Because we don't need a cap guy, we need a player-personnel guy.

    Nothing to do with Rex Ryan. Everything to do with the GM position.

    SAR I
    But isn't the cap important? Or are you suggesting that the GM will have a full staff to help him out?

    There's a novel concept.

  10. #250
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    A tailgate??? Anytime you want to swing by I will have a Stella...
    What's a Stella? If it's a beer I'll pass. Do you have wine coolers? I like the berry flavor if you do.

    SAR I

  11. #251
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,406
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    What's a Stella? If it's a beer I'll pass. Do you have wine coolers? I like the berry flavor if you do.

    SAR I
    What gives these beer peeps the right to siphon .8 oz of our beers?

    Maybe because its Belgique? 11.2 oz beer. Seen it all now these days. Thats nearly 5 oz/6 pck they are shorting us on.

    Also, be on the lookout for String Cheeses and yogurts. The days of the stock 6 oz yogurt, and 1 oz string cheesers are gone.

  12. #252
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,331
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    What's a Stella? If it's a beer I'll pass. Do you have wine coolers? I like the berry flavor if you do.

    SAR I
    All the wealthy people drink fine imported wine coolers. At least all the 12 year old girls

  13. #253
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    West Philly
    Posts
    94
    Post Thanks / Like

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I'm guessing you're a 19 year old college student so I'll refrain from commenting on whatever this thing is you're trying to say.

    Go Jets.

    SAR I

    You're wrong in your assessment could very well be as old if not older then you, I haven't really looked nor do I care to be honest but since you brought up the 19 year old student thing, it's fairly obvious by the amount of posts you've amassed and the amount to which you bloviate by trying to reaffirm or justify your posts makes one wonder if in fact you yourself are a 19 year old or perhaps have the mindset or aptitude of one based on the inordinate amount of time you spend on this forum, it begs the question Do you have anything else going on in your life then this forum?

    Right you are in refraining from commenting but that can be construed by some as not having a fruitful retort? to which I believe is the case with you.

    Certainly someone having 25+ years in finance and having to hammer out deals from across the table could muster up a more tangible reply then the half-hearted one you gave.
    Last edited by Inspector Oofus; 01-25-2013 at 06:18 PM.

  14. #254
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Oofus View Post
    You're wrong in your assessment could very well be as old if not older then you, I haven't really looked nor do I care to be honest but since you brought up the 19 year old student thing, it's fairly obvious by the amount of posts you've amassed and the amount to which you bloviate by trying to reaffirm or justify your posts makes one wonder if in fact you yourself are a 19 year old or perhaps have the mindset or aptitude of one based on the inordinate amount of time you spend on this forum, it begs the question Do you have anything else going on in your life then this forum?

    Right you are in refraining from commenting but that can be construed by some as not having a fruitful retort? to which I believe is the case with you.

    Certainly someone having 25+ years in finance and having to hammer out deals from across the table could muster up a more tangible reply then the half-hearted one you gave.
    I don't smoke week every day. Sorry.

    SAR I

  15. #255
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I'm going to sell my 2013 tickets to the Raiders, Dolphins, Saints, Steelers, and Patriots games for 2x face value to fans of those teams.

    And once we open the season 0-6 I'm going to stop going to the 3 games I intended to go to and be a no-show.

    In the end, I'll make a decent profit on the season, for 5 games I'll put enemy fans in there who won't buy t-shirts, and for 3 games I'll leave the seats empty for the TV cameras.

    SAR I
    cool story

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us