Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Contrary to SAR and his legion of followers, I actually Liked what Idzik had to say

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lorwood View Post
    Ok this is not hard to understand

Idzik said what was expected by Woody and REX

Idzik "committee" reference is basically code for "I need to get Woody and REX's permission"

If REX does not like what Idzik is doing he will go to Woody and Woody will listen.

This is the problem. It's as basic as it gets. But Woody is either to dumb or to in man love with REX to get it.

It makes the NY Jets a flawed organization and a Circus waiting to continue.
    I think you want the other thread.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I think you want the other thread.
    You mean its not just one big thread?

Could have fooled me.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Which has...........what to do with anything?

SMH @ this fictional brony.
    Since you made reference to another Jet fans years of experience in the business field by mocking his possible knowledge, I felt that your years on earth were important to the mocking.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    My first impression when he spoke was "oh boy...". However when he addressed the media it was clear to see his professionalism and understanding of how to handle people. Let's not forget the media here is just as big a personality as Rex and he handled them very well. I think the real issue is who has the final say in the event of a conflicting idea. If Rex wants one guy and Idzik does not, who wins?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Ask me in two years what I think of Idzik.
    probably more like five to really judge his drafts and off seasons, but I agree with you.
    You may have liked the way he spoke or handled himself today, but the true test will be how his picks develop.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Based on Idzik's background and this morning's press conference, he certainly seems capable of running a quality organization in my opinion.

At the end of the day, his actions will speak much louder than his words. Let's see how he handles the roster, salary cap, draft, and culture change in the coming months.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    probably more like five to really judge his drafts and off seasons, but I agree with you.
    You may have liked the way he spoke or handled himself today, but the true test will be how his picks develop.
    Agreed. But we'll get a fairly accurate barometer on his style after next year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed. But we'll get a fairly accurate barometer on his style after next year.
    No doubt.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing I care about is that the Jets get "BETTER" each game & each season & look like they are heading somewhere.

Tired of freaking Tannys bandaid approach & lighting fast free agent decisions & overpaying slightly above average players.
    Harris
    Holmes
    Pace
    Thomas

And below average players
    Sanchez

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I loved the answer about competition, including the QB spot. I thought it was the best and ONLY way to run a football team. Veteran preference? That should NEVER even enter the picture.

The best players should always play because they are the ones who have proven themselves.

I also loved what he had to say about Rex. It's what I have been saying since he got here. It also intimates that Rex NEVER lost the team the way a lot of people would like to think.

Overall, there should be nothig but excitement. Woody conducted a thorough and comprehensive search and hit a home run.

Now, I just hope they can win a SB, so they can tell all the idiots wanting them to clean house that they need to STFU.
    Idzik was the smartest guy in that room. And Woody was a close 2nd

Thank you Woody...for going outside of the Jets building...and bringing in a well rounded...capable and talented individual, to rebuild and move the Jets forward.

IMO...Idzik is someone who will not flinch...from making the necessary tough decisions, to put the Jets back on track...and staying there...to being a perennial playoff-Super Bowl contender.

I truly feel that the Jets fortunes are in good hands...with Idzik.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was very impressed with what I heard. Idzik was well spoken. I am particularly happy that he didn't answer every question with "we have a plan for that." He was honest, and I was particularly encouraged to hear his responses regarding the rosters and how our drafts will be "our lifeblood".

I feel as if we're on the right track. Not to immediate overnight success, however I think next year will be a better year for our NY Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fatty disagrees.

He obviously got denied an interview.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Since you made reference to another Jet fans years of experience in the business field by mocking his possible knowledge, I felt that your years on earth were important to the mocking.
    Except that's not at all what I was doing, jag.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Fatty disagrees.

He obviously got denied an interview.
    You do realize that this forum is a microscopic sampling of Jet fans that is truly skewed towards a fanatical defense of anything this organization does.

It does not represent the totality of Jet fans and certainly does not represent the view of the fans of the NFL.

By and large Francessa expresses the view the NFL and its fans has of the Jets.

Just to put this forum in perspective.....

There is a large majority here that would be honored to find their spouse cheating on them with a member of the Jets organization.

So your not going to get a fair view here.

Its similar to the obsession Woody has with Rex.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ask me in two years what I think of Idzik.
    Exactly Borgo, except I'd even add a few years to it.

I watched the press conference and got a good impression from Idzik. I like the fact that he answered the questions intelligently and was not mildly rattled by the NY media.

I laugh at the idiots in the media and fans that thought they were going to get some in depth information from the press conference. As if he was going to tell his entire game plan right away.

The measure of a GM is how he does his job in the short and long term. Personally, I won't jump to conclusions like a fool but I'll wait to see how he does leading up to the draft, during the draft and before the season and form my judgments about him along the way.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok this is not hard to understand

Idzik said what was expected by Woody and REX

Idzik "committee" reference is basically code for "I need to get Woody and REX's permission"

If REX does not like what Idzik is doing he will go to Woody and Woody will listen.

This is the problem. It's as basic as it gets. But Woody is either to dumb or to in man love with REX to get it.

It makes the NY Jets a flawed organization and a Circus waiting to continue.
    Actually the problem is people who think they know what the problem is or will be based on nonsense.

You don't have a clue as to what they will or wont do, youre just making it up as you go along and see the worst in every turn.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    You do realize that this forum is a microscopic sampling of Jet fans that is truly skewed towards a fanatical defense of anything this organization does.

It does not represent the totality of Jet fans and certainly does not represent the view of the fans of the NFL.

There is a large majority here that would be honored to find their spouse cheating on them with a member of the Jets organization.

This may be the single dumbest thing ever written on JI,and that's saying something. Congratulations.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Except that's not at all what I was doing, jag.
    Now, now junior, no name calling. All is good on my side. No issues.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Actually as a long time season ticket holder, as a long time Jet fan and a person who comes in contact with many people from every corner of this country anyone who believes this and tries to claim this to be true is either full of sh1t or stupid.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I like SAR and I like what Idzik had to say
    So you go both ways??