Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Contrary to SAR and his legion of followers, I actually Liked what Idzik had to say

Contrary to SAR and his legion of followers, I actually Liked what Idzik had to say

The guy literally just got here. He said he had only been in the building for 4 hours or so and already there is a thread bashing this hire as a "Cap manager similar to Tannenbaum". How can anyone bash these guys now? They have not set foot into the facility yet.

I actually liked the way Idzik spoke, carried himself, and his demeanor. I got a real good feeling that he will do a great job here. Remember his background, he is NOT ONLY A NUMBERS GUY. He is a 100% complete football man.

I would like to call a "cease fire" to stop the nonsensical bashing of Idzik and Marty M days after their hires and let these guys go to work. It is making not only the individuals look like whiny pants', but also JI in its entirely ...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    The guy literally just got here. He said he had only been in the building for 4 hours or so and already there is a thread bashing this hire as a "Cap manager similar to Tannenbaum". How can anyone bash these guys now? They have not set foot into the facility yet.

I actually liked the way Idzik spoke, carried himself, and his demeanor. I got a real good feeling that he will do a great job here. Remember his background, he is NOT ONLY A NUMBERS GUY. He is a 100% complete football man.

I would like to call a "cease fire" to stop the nonsensical bashing of Idzik and Marty M days after their hires and let these guys go to work. It is making not only the individuals look like whiny pants', but also JI in its entirely ...
    HIs look of disdain in response to the question of the "perception" (created by the media, which they then cite as a "thing" worthy of review) that he's not a personnel guy was priceless.

Anyone that is calling Idzik out already is just plain ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post

Good to see there are still people on this board who use logic and base their judgements on reality rather than preconceived notions of what was best for a team 15 years ago and irrational hatred of a head coach. Hooray for reason.

He's a very character driven person. He looks to be surrounded by people with good character. I find that to be very refreshing.

BUT SAR HAS 25 YEARS Of EXPERIENCE IN JUDGING PEOPLE DOE!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    +1 and the horse they rode in on.

Jets Insider VIP
    I like SAR and I like what Idzik had to say

I agree ... This guy looks to be AWESOME IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    BUT SAR HAS 25 YEARS Of EXPERIENCE IN JUDGING PEOPLE DOE!
    Not for nothing, but thats five years longer than you have been on this earth.

I dont agree with Sar, but he is entitled to his opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Not for nothing, but thats five years longer than you have been on this earth.

I dont agree with Sar, but he is entitled to his opinion.
    Which has...........what to do with anything?

SMH @ this fictional brony.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    HIs look of disdain in response to the question of the "perception" (created by the media, which they then cite as a "thing" worthy of review) that he's not a personnel guy was priceless.
    anyone have a pic of that?

I did not mean to project that I do not like SAR..I have no problem with the guy, he is allowed to have his opinions, misguided though they might be....

Agree 100%, doesnt mean I want to praise the guy but I'm giving him benefit of doubt and liked what he had to say. 1st thing that jumped out was his ability to answer questions compared to our last guy "due process", "wee uhh, process", "ya know Mike I cant answer that". I hate Brady but he had the line of the decade when he said "Well done is always better then well said"

I loved the answer about competition, including the QB spot. I thought it was the best and ONLY way to run a football team. Veteran preference? That should NEVER even enter the picture.

The best players should always play because they are the ones who have proven themselves.

I also loved what he had to say about Rex. It's what I have been saying since he got here. It also intimates that Rex NEVER lost the team the way a lot of people would like to think.

Overall, there should be nothig but excitement. Woody conducted a thorough and comprehensive search and hit a home run.

Now, I just hope they can win a SB, so they can tell all the idiots wanting them to clean house that they need to STFU.

All Pro
    Absolutely owned the reporters with his last comment about perception. Very smart about his words and everything. A football lifer, class act and very well spoken. What's not to like...

To SAR or anyone bashing the guy 4 hours on the job when people like Tony Dungy praise him like crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    If we could just replace the words "is just plain ignorant" with SAR, we could shorten 90 percent of the posts on this board.

Ask me in two years what I think of Idzik.

Veteran
    I am wary of "nice guys" and a "family" running a franchise but I am impressed by Idzik's thoughtful and clear responses, his intellect will be needed.

I think he will be good for the franchise long term. I have no doubt that he will fire Rex, if Rex does not perform.

However language is just that semantics ... in the end it will be about drafting, about getting good players, a balanced use of the salary cap.

Let's see what happens ...

Ok this is not hard to understand

Idzik said what was expected by Woody and REX

Idzik "committee" reference is basically code for "I need to get Woody and REX's permission"

If REX does not like what Idzik is doing he will go to Woody and Woody will listen.

This is the problem. It's as basic as it gets. But Woody is either to dumb or to in man love with REX to get it.

It makes the NY Jets a flawed organization and a Circus waiting to continue.