Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 83

Thread: OL Coach DeGuglielmo Out

  1. #21
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,439
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Read his bio. He was an OL and coached OL
    Yeah, I still think we need an upgrade.

    At some point performance overrides bios and scouting reports.

    Our entire offensive staff needed to be fired.

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,439
    Post Thanks / Like
    He also runs a football camp.


  3. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems the only way this board is going to be happy is if each position coach slot is filled with a former SB-winning head coach. But he'd need to have been an MVP player in the league first too. Sort of like an NFL League of Extraordinary Gentleman . . .

  4. #24
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,247
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Seems the only way this board is going to be happy is if each position coach slot is filled with a former SB-winning head coach. But he'd need to have been an MVP player in the league first too. Sort of like an NFL League of Extraordinary Gentleman . . .
    LOLOLOLOL

    So true

  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    He should be kicked in the nuts for each sack we gave up against the Chargers at the end of the year before he heads out the door.

    (No nuts were actually kicked and the poster apologizes before hand to anti nut kickers.

  6. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yeah, I still think we need an upgrade.

    At some point performance overrides bios and scouting reports.

    Our entire offensive staff needed to be fired.
    Yup.

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,084
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Mike Devlin
    Great, just what we need, a first time coach at a position we have problems at. I mean, hes done such a great job with the TEs, why not let him have a crack at OL.
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Read his bio. He was an OL and coached OL
    You actually want him to read about a coach before he starts ripping the hire??

    What a concept....
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 01-24-2013 at 03:27 PM.

  8. #28
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,815
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a reason the O-line play deteriorated after Callahan left.

    It's a very underrated coaching position.

    Part of the reason the Pats are so successful is because of the o-line coaching over the last decade+. A good o-line coach is priceless. A bad one cripples you.

  9. #29
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Yup.
    Here we go again. Nobody ever satisfied. Always quick to jump on people.

    Another reason why Jets fans are hated throughout the land.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Good riddance. A loud mouth and a terrible coach
    exactly. i spent time at florham park near the ol and all this jerk did was hollar and belittle players instead of coaching them.

    glad hes gone.

  11. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Here we go again. Nobody ever satisfied. Always quick to jump on people.

    Another reason why Jets fans are hated throughout the land.
    It's just another half move. You're going to tell me Mike Devlin is the best person out there to revamp our O-Line? Not a f**king chance in hell.

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    It's just another half move. You're going to tell me Mike Devlin is the best person out there to revamp our O-Line? Not a f**king chance in hell.
    He may not be. But I am not going to belittle a guy until I see the end result. That is the logical and honest way of going about criticism. Unfortunately, logic and honesty are concepts that not many people on here seem to get.

  13. #33
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    He may not be. But I am not going to belittle a guy until I see the end result. That is the logical and honest way of going about criticism. Unfortunately, that is a concept that not many people on here seem to get.
    I'm not belittling anyone. I just agreed with DD that our entire offensive coaching staff should have been let go. That's it.

  14. #34
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    He may not be. But I am not going to belittle a guy until I see the end result. That is the logical and honest way of going about criticism. Unfortunately, logic and honesty are concepts that not many people on here seem to get.
    You can't wait to be critical or endorse a move until you know the answer. It is totally meaningless to do so. The Jets have to decided on who they want now and fans should make a decision as well, if for no other reason than to avoid the legion of people crying hind sight.

    A lot of people wanted to not criticize Sparano....lets see what he can do. People that don't take a stand on a move are chicken. When you make a judgement early and are proven correct you should be lauded. If you make the wrong judgement you should be taken to task.

    As far as people are never satisfied? Damn right we aren't. Those that are satisfied with being mediocre stay mediocre. We want to win the damn super bowl.

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    You can't wait to be critical or endorse a move until you know the answer. It is totally meaningless to do so. The Jets have to decided on who they want now and fans should make a decision as well, if for no other reason than to avoid the legion of people crying hind sight.

    A lot of people wanted to not criticize Sparano....lets see what he can do. People that don't take a stand on a move are chicken.
    When you make a judgement early and are proven correct you should be lauded. If you make the wrong judgement you should be taken to task.

    As far as people are never satisfied? Damn right we aren't. Those that are satisfied with being mediocre stay mediocre. We want to win the damn super bowl.
    So logic and fairness mean absolutely nothing to you. Good values.

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,675
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    You actually want him to read about a coach before he starts ripping the hire??

    What a concept....
    I know the guy's bio. Did you read it? I doubt it. But hey maybe you are impressed by a guy who was OL coach for 2 years at that football powerhouse Toledo

    Not to mention he was a backup C/G with the Bills and mediocre starting Center for the Cardinals.

    Oh, wait, I forgot he also was Asst. OL Coach for us and hold a footbal camp for kids.

    Great hire for a vital position coach.

  17. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    I know the guy's bio. Did you read it? I doubt it. But hey maybe you are impressed by a guy who was OL coach for 2 years at that football powerhouse Toledo

    Not to mention he was a backup C/G with the Bills and mediocre starting Center for the Cardinals.

    Oh, wait, I forgot he also was Asst. OL Coach for us and hold a footbal camp for kids.

    Great hire for a vital position coach.
    This is a silly comment. Most NFL coaches either never played in the NFL, or were marginal players at best.
    Last edited by Sourceworx; 01-24-2013 at 03:59 PM.

  18. #38
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,675
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    He may not be. But I am not going to belittle a guy until I see the end result. That is the logical and honest way of going about criticism. Unfortunately, logic and honesty are concepts that not many people on here seem to get.
    So you wouldnt belittle Vlad Ducasse if he was cut as a player and hired as OL Coach until you saw the end result.

    I think you need to be a little logical and honest. OL Coach is a very important positional coaching job and our OL has deteriorated the last 2 years. Logic would have you hire the best possible candidate for that job. Now honestly do you think hiring Mike Devlin was the best move for the job?

  19. #39
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Those that are satisfied with being mediocre stay mediocre. We want to win the damn super bowl.
    This goes back to my number one motto in sports.

    NEVER EXPECT.

    You can dream. You can hope. Never expect. Too many variables.

    Patriots expected to go to the Super Bowl. Didn't happen.

  20. #40
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    This goes back to my number one motto in sports.

    NEVER EXPECT.

    You can dream. You can hope. Never expect. Too many variables.

    Patriots expected to go to the Super Bowl. Didn't happen.
    Anything. The motto/mantra of the Jet fan.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us