Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 super bowl at metlife could be cold and nasty.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Yeah, me.

Might not be my seats, but I'll be in the Mezz or the Lower Bowl, no charge.

SAR I
    LMFAO.
    Why wouldn't you be able to sit in your own seats?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    LMFAO.
    Why wouldn't you be able to sit in your own seats?
    Because it's the Super Bowl and my Row 1 Mezz A PSL's aren't mine to purchase.

I'll wind up in whatever seats my business partners provide me. I'll ask for Mezz or Lowers, I'll be there.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    I'd love to see a snow/rain/sleet noreaster come in that weekend.

Despite this being my home city, I have no desire to see a SB here.

In fact, if the Jets by miracle made it I'd be a little pissed that I had to wait 45 years to get to this game and now I have to pay $5K to sit in a freezing cold stadium.

Superbowls should be in warm weather stadiums. Period.

Not even domes should be allowed unless they are in the south.
    Cant they put on a temporary Bubble type roof? The whole NY Superbowl thing is absurd. While they are at it, have one in Seattle. Its right in the middle of the rainy season.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Cant they put on a temporary Bubble type roof? The whole NY Superbowl thing is absurd. While they are at it, have one in Seattle. Its right in the middle of the rainy season.
    you mean like a condom.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    you mean like a condom.
    Now there is a great idea. a temporary inflatable roof sponsored by Trojan!!!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Weathermen can't predict the weather NEXT WEEK correctly, let alone in 2 years. Wait and see.
    Exactly. I live in Dallas and we had a major ice storm the week leading up to SB and it didn't melt until day of SB. Yet at the same time two years later, it has been 75 the last two days.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    College stadiums in Iowa have domes. Still, you can't beat the bragging rights from surviving the snowbowl against Pittsburgh a few years back.

It's a man's sport played in man's weather. Deal with it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    My forecast: They'll start building a roof next year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    I'd love to see a snow/rain/sleet noreaster come in that weekend.

Despite this being my home city, I have no desire to see a SB here.

In fact, if the Jets by miracle made it I'd be a little pissed that I had to wait 45 years to get to this game and now I have to pay $5K to sit in a freezing cold stadium.

Superbowls should be in warm weather stadiums. Period.

Not even domes should be allowed unless they are in the south.
    Do you have a problem with Championship games in the freezing cold?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    What truly sucks is that we pay 10's of thousands for our seats and get only 5k seats which will go to the $700/per seat/per game sushi suckers. The rest goes to celebrities that will buy the seats and stay home if the weather is bad. Either way the Jets fan is fcked again.
    +600

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    The famous ice bowl championship in 1967 was played in December. Next year the SB will be played in February. That's a big difference.

The real issue with playing the SB in an open stadium in the northeast is that a long standing rule was waived temporarily to allow it to happen.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always wanted to see one cold-weather Super Bowl in my lifetime so I am fine with it. Also cool that it's in NY. If it flops, it becomes a 30 for 30 doc and it never happens again. you think the players are going to complain about having to play in the cold weather? just the fans ... and media, of course.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    it 14 degrees out right now. i would not wanna sit outside in the bitter cold for 4 hours and watch 2 teams i dont like. now if it was warm or indoors i could tolerarate it. I can guarantee you this, Jets will not be 1st team to have home field in thhe super bowl. Our luck it will be pats giants again

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Because it's the Super Bowl and my Row 1 Mezz A PSL's aren't mine to purchase.

I'll wind up in whatever seats my business partners provide me. I'll ask for Mezz or Lowers, I'll be there.

SAR I
    I call bullspit. IF your company can get, or is even willing to pay huge $$$ for a block of tickets, they'll go to select senior management and board members, and their most valued clients, NOT some middle manager. (Y'know, the guys who pull into the lot in the morning in their 750Li, or SL550.)

You'll be on your couch just like the upper deckers unless you pull the $$$ out of your prostitute fund you keep hidden out in the garage.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    My forecast: They'll start building a roof next year.
    I say after the game turns into a frozen disaster the league will tell the Jets/giants to put a roof on it or they will not get another SB.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    What seats will the PSL owners end up in?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    What seats will the PSL owners end up in?
    The ones in their homes or in the bar.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    Point being...have you guys noticed the past 2 winters have seen little snow? That is because we saw a hurricane both fall years,and that hurricane totally messed up the high latitudes.Remember the high latitudes ( Greenland ) provides us with the cold and if you mess those locations up,it turns the winter pattern to chaos.I would see if a hurricane affects us again and right away expect another mild/snowless winter.
    Good call, Cook. We are right in the middle of that so called "mild" winter.

I'd hate to order the "mild" wings with you.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Exactly. There is nothing wrong with playing a SB in conditions half the league plays in the rest of the year. In fact, it could lead to a surprising benefit. MORE actual fans at the game. Suits won't want to attend a freezing cold game so REAL fans will occupy the seats.

THe only problem is if the Super Bowl has Arizona playing the Titans. Two teams with small fan bases.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Exactly. There is nothing wrong with playing a SB in conditions half the league plays in the rest of the year. In fact, it could lead to a surprising benefit. MORE actual fans at the game. Suits won't want to attend a freezing cold game so REAL fans will occupy the seats.

THe only problem is if the Super Bowl has Arizona playing the Titans. Two teams with small fan bases.
    I'm of the opposite view - the Super Bowl should rotate between Miami, New Orleans and San Diego and that's it....unless they build an 80k person stadium in Las Vegas and have the game there every year. Granted, they'd have to bring in the National Guard to take control of the City. But it would be an awesome scene, even from afar.