Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2014 super bowl at metlife could be cold and nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Yeah, me.

Might not be my seats, but I'll be in the Mezz or the Lower Bowl, no charge.

SAR I
    Sarcissism?

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    I say after the game turns into a frozen disaster the league will tell the Jets/giants to put a roof on it or they will not get another SB.
    This is unlikely. The game was 'awarded' to the Jets/Giants as a reward for building the new stadium. Just like in Indy and Detroit, which never would have seen a SB without their new stadiums. It's a one shot deal and exemption to the warm weather rule.

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    Sarcissism?
    More false bravado actually.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    This is unlikely. The game was 'awarded' to the Jets/Giants as a reward for building the new stadium. Just like in Indy and Detroit, which never would have seen a SB without their new stadiums. It's a one shot deal and exemption to the warm weather rule.
    Not really. SB XVI was also played in Detroit in the Silverdome. SBXXVI was played in Minnesota - certainly not a new stadium at the time. Plus it's NY. There will be pressure on the league to have another SB here.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I'm of the opposite view - the Super Bowl should rotate between Miami, New Orleans and San Diego and that's it....unless they build an 80k person stadium in Las Vegas and have the game there every year. Granted, they'd have to bring in the National Guard to take control of the City. But it would be an awesome scene, even from afar.
    A Vegas Super Bowl would make NFL Executives heads explode. Would be the party of the Century though. Could not imagine what the scene would be like, I have been to two Super Bowls in San Diego and that was a great scene, but Vegas would take things to new level.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    A Vegas Super Bowl would make NFL Executives heads explode. Would be the party of the Century though. Could not imagine what the scene would be like, I have been to two Super Bowls in San Diego and that was a great scene, but Vegas would take things to new level.
    Never happen. The league abhors sports betting and would not have the game where sports betting is legal. Good thought though.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Never happen. The league abhors sports betting and would not have the game where sports betting is legal. Good thought though.
    Yea, thats why the NFL Executives heads would explode, no way they allow it to happen.

All League
    I am rooting hard for Atlanta to finally get over the hump and make it to the Super Bowl, just to be screwed for being a dome team. Teach those warm weather teams to be an all around team instead of hoping to play at home and then playing with a roof at the Super Bowl.

Maybe one of the states that does not have a pro team should build a stadium specifically designated for the SB. Like the Pro Bowl was always in Hawaii. Los Angeles should be the sole host of the SB every year since they have a stadium large enough to hold 100,000. Either there or another state like Oklahoma or Idaho. Maybe Arkansas or Mississippi should look into building a stadium for the SB. I would have no problem if the SB was designated to a single stadium every year. Something the NFL should look into. Only problem with some pro=less states is, they have nothing else to offer the fans(nightlife, tourism, etc). Just a simple thought.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Really?

A February game played outside in the northeast?

Who woulda thunk it.