Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 super bowl at metlife could be cold and nasty.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

2014 super bowl at metlife could be cold and nasty.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I'm very much rooting for this to be the case. Tickets will be cheaper.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weathermen can't predict the weather NEXT WEEK correctly, let alone in 2 years. Wait and see.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL.

They are complaining already.

NY/NJ is going to get bashed beyond belief next year even if things are perfect.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    channel 7 news is going to talk about it coming up next.

it has fail written all over it.

will psl owners get a chance to purchase tickets?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good. It'll be like real football.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Weathermen can't predict the weather NEXT WEEK correctly, let alone in 2 years. Wait and see.
    Its next year.

NFL will luck into a 45 degree night with no wind. Praying for snow though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    In other news. The Sun might come up tomorrow. Must be a really weird feeling for these guys to print actual facts.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Farmer's Almanac is less accurate than Sanchez and Tebow.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Predicting that far is impossible and I am former Nws met.The enso will likely be La Nina...so the only Telleconnection that far out would support a warmer than normal winter next year with even less snow than this winter.I do expect this Feb to be above avg with snow.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    I'd love to see a snow/rain/sleet noreaster come in that weekend.

Despite this being my home city, I have no desire to see a SB here.

In fact, if the Jets by miracle made it I'd be a little pissed that I had to wait 45 years to get to this game and now I have to pay $5K to sit in a freezing cold stadium.

Superbowls should be in warm weather stadiums. Period.

Not even domes should be allowed unless they are in the south.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would be more worried about a Hurricane ruining the superbowl than a snowstorm.We are in an active Hurricane east pattern similar the 1940s - 1950s and usually with Hurricane streaks,snowstorms are below avg amounts.In part because the hurricane transfer warm weather to higher latitudes and mess up a normal winter pattern.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    2014 super bowl at metlife could be cold and nasty.
    Figures.

Bad enough the Patriots will be able to play in their own time zone, now they'll have the weather working for them as well. Danny Woodhead being assigned Joe McKnight's locker is a class move, I give them that.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Point being...have you guys noticed the past 2 winters have seen little snow? That is because we saw a hurricane both fall years,and that hurricane totally messed up the high latitudes.Remember the high latitudes ( Greenland ) provides us with the cold and if you mess those locations up,it turns the winter pattern to chaos.I would see if a hurricane affects us again and right away expect another mild/snowless winter.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Figures.

Bad enough the Patriots will be able to play in their own time zone, now they'll have the weather working for them as well. Danny Woodhead being assigned Joe McKnight's locker is a class move, I give them that.

SAR I
    and some more powerful exec will be sitting in your seats

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    If your team is in it who cares where it is played, oh, unless your are a dome team.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just for the record, REAL football games were played on REAL grass, with REAL dirt.

All stadiums should be domed imo. I hear Jets fans saying they want to keep the home filed advantage elements. LOL Since when have the elements EVER helped the Jets? There is NO HOME FIELD advantage weatherwise or otherwise for the Jets. Put a roof on the damned thing already. The only thing this open aired stadium does is make the fans miserable. Jets fans have been selling their late Nov, Dec and Jan. games for years now. They don`t want to be there in crappy weather. Thats a fact. Even Giants fans sell theirs, just not as many sell and there are way more Giants fans buying tix from Giants fans. Jets fans sell and opposing teams fans buy them. If the Jets had a domed stadium, it would be filled with Jets fans, especially with the later season games. Fans would go in early(to get out of the crap weather)and stay till the end(so as not to go back into the crap weather). I couldn`t give a rats arse about the elements. If I`m paying that kind of money to watch the Jets, I want total comfort. I want to take my jacket(s) off and sit in comfort with my Jets jersey on. They don`t even play on real grass with real dirt. There are no more mud games. The game lacks these days and the fans are retarded for wanting the elements.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    What truly sucks is that we pay 10's of thousands for our seats and get only 5k seats which will go to the $700/per seat/per game sushi suckers. The rest goes to celebrities that will buy the seats and stay home if the weather is bad. Either way the Jets fan is fcked again.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    I'd love to see a snow/rain/sleet noreaster come in that weekend.

Despite this being my home city, I have no desire to see a SB here.

In fact, if the Jets by miracle made it I'd be a little pissed that I had to wait 45 years to get to this game and now I have to pay $5K to sit in a freezing cold stadium.

Superbowls should be in warm weather stadiums. Period.

Not even domes should be allowed unless they are in the south.
    Football is played in the freezing cold. Why is it unacceptable for the Superbowl to be played that way?

Just because you're trying to nab a 2-for-1 warm weather vacation doesn't make the game in NY a bad idea.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    and some more powerful exec will be sitting in your seats
    Yeah, me.

Might not be my seats, but I'll be in the Mezz or the Lower Bowl, no charge.

SAR I