Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is Revis speechless?

Why is Revis speechless?

Ha, ha, it's being reported that Darrelle Revis is speechless by the trade rumor.
    What?
    The guy has held out as a rookie, & when he had 2 F*CKING years left on his contract!
    He's speechless.......whatever!
    Greedy bastard that learned everything from his greedy uncle. Don't let the door hit u in the Azz if we can get the right compensation for Mevis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Ha, ha, it's being reported that Darrelle Revis is speechless by the trade rumor.
    What?
    The guy has held out as a rookie, & when he had 2 F*CKING years left on his contract!
    He's speechless.......whatever!
    Greedy bastard that learned everything from his greedy uncle. Don't let the door hit u in the Azz if we can get the right compensation for Mevis.
    Maybe he wants to get paid by the word??

Jets Insider VIP
    I guess he figured Idzik would be a pushover just like Tanny.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    First he heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Maybe he wants to get paid by the word??
    I'm tired of Mevis.
    When any player that a team negotiates with in good intentions says, no home town discount, trade them!
    We have people here who want to sign Landry?
    The dude is a mercenary & you only sign these guys when your close to winning a Superbowl. The minute Landry said " no hometown discount "
    Bye, bye dude.
    We need to build through the draft.
    I'm excited about cheering for new young guys that will "play like a Jet", and be happy to be NY Jet football players.
    Go Jets!

Because "its just business" is Revis and his agents line.

Hall Of Fame
    Its kind of like when Revis plays games and sounds like he may or may not holdout or report to camp on time. I am sure the Jets were "speechless" then as well.

All Pro
    Publicity reasons. Hes not stupid. Hes known for months its a possibility.

Him saying he feels bad for the fans is his way of him not being thought of as the bad guy when he leaves. Watch how many times he mentions he wants to finish his career here over the next 2 months.

Yeah, grrrr, I hate our best player, too! What a jerk!

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Because "its just business" is Revis and his agents line.
    And you'd turn down an extra couple mil because you love the company you work for? Puuleasse, let's be realistic here.

Edit

Edit

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    And you'd turn down an extra couple mil because you love the company you work for? Puuleasse, let's be realistic here.
    Brady has..

Veteran
    I do not think he is going to demand on the mkt what all thinks he will, I do not see any team giving him the world unproven after the injury and i think he thinks he may now be screwed. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Veteran
    why trade him your not going to get top value for him now anyway

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
    why trade him your not going to get top value for him now anyway
    You can structure a trade to get fair value.

And would you rather wait until after the season and risk losing him for a measly comp pick.

Revis is awesome and deserves every penny. He should be a Jet for life and treated with respect from the fans and owner. Tanny should've locked him up with a long-term deal two years ago!!

If the jets trade him away for draft picks, they'll just waste them on more sh*tty picks.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Revis is awesome and deserves every penny. He should be a Jet for life and treated with respect from the fans and owner. Tanny should've locked him up with a long-term deal two years ago!!

If the jets trade him away for draft picks, they'll just waste them on more sh*tty picks.
    Contact Woody. Sounds like you can handle contracts, the cap and the draft.

I love Revis to death and I hope that the front office does not trade him. However if Revis is to get his elite player money, he's gotta give me more bang for my buck than just doing his job the best of any cornerback around. A price tag like that comes with a leadership mandate. He would have to invoke, inspire, lead, be vocal and accountable for this franchise like a Ray Lewis, a Peyton Manning or even Gisele's boy toy. Its not enough for him to isolate himself, thinking its enough that we Jets fans get to see an elite defensive player on a weekly basis. No, going forward he has to share his will with the entire team, motivate them to a higher level. Lewis isn't half the player he was, but like him or not his presence changes the dynamic of that team. Its like going into battle with William Wallace, you feel invincible. Up to this point, Revis has been content to just do his thing. To get that next big check out of Woody's wallet, I think he must evolve into the true leader he is capable of being, but has yet to accept.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Contact Woody. Sounds like you can handle contracts, the cap and the draft.
    ROTFLMAO! I love it! I was about to write something similar but you handled it well.