Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders - 2013

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Ha, the Eric Smith of the Isles.

Boyes sucks a dick. What the hell was he doing out on the shoot out?
    He's out on every shootout. I guess we have Cappy to thank for that.

At least he mixed the first line tonight....but he just did not let it develop. Tavares, Zeeker, and Mcdonald looked good with their brief time together.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Ha, the Eric Smith of the Isles.

Boyes sucks a dick. What the hell was he doing out on the shoot out?
    We need to get Reasoner and Boyes out of the line up. I understand not wanting to have Lee against Backstrom and Ovechkin when we don't have the last change but hopefully Reasoner is in the press box on Saturday - no excuse at a home game. And Boyes, he must have pictures of Cappy doing sumthin with a donkey or such to keep himself on the 1st line. Poor Tavares, the guy gets the **** kicked out of him night in, night out and he has the two softest players in the league supporting him.

I'll gladly take this point and run.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    He's out on every shootout. I guess we have Cappy to thank for that.

At least he mixed the first line tonight....but he just did not let it develop. Tavares, Zeeker, and Mcdonald looked good with their brief time together.
    There are so many options to replace Boyes on that line. It's hard to mix things up when every game is so important but he's gotta do something.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    There are so many options to replace Boyes on that line. It's hard to mix things up when every game is so important but he's gotta do something.
    Boyes on that line is an Albatross. Cue the Monty Python.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Boyes on that line is an Albatross. Cue the Monty Python.
    Yep. LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Don't leave out the Isles too. Mets if it applies. IIRC, Timmy is a Cubs fan. Might be the only guy who has it worse.
    also have a grad degree from DePaul

i like chance of catching Devils more than Rangers.

agree, slim chance

five teams trying for two spots and Isles have one game less than the rest. we need a Pittsburgh win tonight. figures horseface scores the winning goal in Olympics but isn't around when we finally need him
    Last edited by Timmy®; 04-05-2013 at 10:03 AM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Agree that Devils are looking like they can be the odd man out... But if the Islanders keep taking of business, it won't matter what everyone else is doing.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Agree that Devils are looking like they can be the odd man out... But if the Islanders keep taking of business, it won't matter what everyone else is doing.
    By Tuesday morning, the Isles will be even with the Rags as far as games played. The Rags have a somewhat brutal road trip starting tonight of Pitt/Carolina/Toronto on Fri/Sat/Mon.

If they could somehow be at least tied with the Rags going into Tuesday night, I would be real happy. All starts with the Rags losing tonight (wake the fuk up Pitt) and the Isles taking care of business on Saturday. Isles/Rags at the Coliseum a week from Saturday could be one of the biggest games in this rivalry since the 94' playoffs (Was at game 4 in the first round. Almost crashed on the Meadowbrook screaming at Rags fans who had the audacity to bring a broom to the Coliseum.)

Its crazy how evenly matched spots 7-13 are in the East. Besides Florida and perhaps Buffalo (and even Buffalo is decent), every team is a playoff caliber team that simply had some bumps in the road at points.

Hall Of Fame
    By Tuesday morning, the Isles will be even with the Rags as far as games played. The Rags have a somewhat brutal road trip starting tonight of Pitt/Carolina/Toronto on Fri/Sat/Mon.

If they could somehow be at least tied with the Rags going into Tuesday night, I would be real happy. All starts with the Rags losing tonight (wake the fuk up Pitt) and the Isles taking care of business on Saturday. Isles/Rags at the Coliseum a week from Saturday could be one of the biggest games in this rivalry since the 94' playoffs (Was at game 4 in the first round. Almost crashed on the Meadowbrook screaming at Rags fans who had the audacity to bring a broom to the Coliseum.)

Its crazy how evenly matched spots 7-13 are in the East. Besides Florida and perhaps Buffalo (and even Buffalo is decent), every team is a playoff caliber team that simply had some bumps in the road at points.
    it would be very helpful if Philly and Carolina were out of it when we meet, those arenas would be insane. six out of the last eight games on the road with I believe three road games in four nights to finish the season. Poulin will need to step up at least once.

i don't think the Isles would be in this mess if Viz came over when he was supposed to. he's been a real addition.

All League
    Les go Isles! Beat Tampa! Gotta play a solid game. Tampa's got weapons.

Sorry, been drinkin. I'll prolly be out by 9! LOLz

All League
    What a strange way too finally break up the top line...a Moulson scratch. So far nice plays by Grabs and it sure is nice with no Reasoner.
    JJ looking alright for his debut so far but Amac needs too go. I don't know how much more I can take of him....but the reality is that he is gonna be here for awhile.

All League
    Isles came out flat in the second, just like they used to do with a lead in the third.

Turrble.

All League
    Big 2 pts. tonight.

All League
    Great game. Grit. Playing the best hockey of the season lately. Hope they keep,it up.

Gotta play 60 minutes. Maybe it finally sunk in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Yes!! Big Win!!
    The Coliseum was rockin tonight. I watched on tv but was very obvious....Isles played a GREAT 3rd period.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    The Coliseum was rockin tonight. I watched on tv but was very obvious....Isles played a GREAT 3rd period.
    It was nice to see the camera pan across the arena after a goal and there were people up to the rafters.

Big win, but I guess they all are at this point.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Rags lose tonight in Toronto and they are tied up with the same # of games played. I think they have the tie breaker one way or another, but that can change by the end of the season, I think.

If the Devils keep sucking and the Isles take care of Philly, that is two huge steps closer.

All League
    Rags lose tonight in Toronto and they are tied up with the same # of games played. I think they have the tie breaker one way or another, but that can change by the end of the season, I think.

If the Devils keep sucking and the Isles take care of Philly, that is two huge steps closer.
    Just win and they're in, no matter what.

Of course, tall order to win all of the last 9.