Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders - 2013

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Took their foot off the gas, I guess. Never a good idea going in to the playoffs on a three game losing streak.

If they play like they have the past three games, it will be a very ugly and very quick exit from the playoffs.
    They were lucky to get a point. The goal they scored was a gift. The problem is that the second line has struggled a little and no other line is stepping up. It's amazing how far this team has gone with that 2nd line doing all the heavy lifting for a month. PP has been a joke.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just read that Nabby called them out on their play the last two games. Said they won't go far with effort like that.

On NHL.com.
    Good for Nabby - They need to start playing the way they did for most of the month, or else it will be a quick playoff exit.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow was I wrong about that. Hats off to the Rangers, that's how you finish the last game of the season.

Isles ready to book the trip to Pitt!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow was I wrong about that. Hats off to the Rangers, that's how you finish the last game of the season.

Isles ready to book the trip to Pitt!
    Maybe the Flyers can help us out tonight and beat Ottawa. Still a chance we can play Boston or Montreal.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Maybe the Flyers can help us out tonight and beat Ottawa. Still a chance we can play Boston or Montreal.
    Slim chance, but still a chance!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slim chance, but still a chance!
    Slimmer than I realized. I had forgotten that Ottawa has another game tomorrow night.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Philly actually beat the Senators in regulation, which sets up one game that impacts a bunch of teams with a few potential outcomes.

If the Bruins win in regulation, they will pass Montreal and finish with 2 seed. They will play the Islanders in the first round if they win in regulation. If the Bruins win in OT or SO, they will play Ottawa.

If the Bruins lose, they finish in the 4 seed. Edit: I think the Rangers are locked into playing the Caps with the Senators loss tonight.
    Last edited by Traitor Jay & the Woodies; 04-27-2013 at 10:21 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Philly actually beat the Senators in regulation, which sets up one game that impacts a bunch of teams with a few potential outcomes.

If the Bruins win in regulation, they will pass Montreal and finish with 2 seed. They will play the Islanders in the first round if they win in regulation. If the Bruins win in OT or SO, they will play Ottawa.

If the Bruins lose, they finish in the 4 seed. Edit: I think the Rangers are locked into playing the Caps with the Senators loss tonight.
    Yeah I was wrong about Philly-Ottawa too.

Only lock is NYR vs WAS.

Hoping for a Boston regulation win tonight.
    Last edited by Big L; 04-28-2013 at 07:07 AM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I was wrong about Philly-Ottawa too.

Only lock is NYR vs WAS.

Hoping for a Boston regulation win tonight.
    I'm not sure that Boston is a better matchup. I think the Isles are unlikely to advance either way, but I think Pittsburgh may be a better opponent. Bruins will manhandle us whereas the Penguins are more finesse.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure that Boston is a better matchup. I think the Isles are unlikely to advance either way, but I think Pittsburgh may be a better opponent. Bruins will manhandle us whereas the Penguins are more finesse.
    I disagree. I think the penguins will score in bunches, while the Bruins will be a grind it out style game, which better suits the isles, IMO. Keep it close. Boston doesn't seem to be nearly the team Pitt is.

I think I'd rather lose a series 4-1 with 4 one goal losses than lose 4-0 with all losses by three goals or more. LOL

Boston down 2-1 going in to the third.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pens are the clear favorite out of the East, but I feel like the Bruins would be a tougher, more frustrating series. I could see the Isles stealing a game or two against the Pens. The Bruins are just a very tough, deep team. They know how to sustain a very persistent forecheck and tire out their opponent.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    For what its worth, an 8th seed won the Cup last year, Lets try to make it two in a row.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not that it matters now, but I still disagree. I think the Isles mach up better with the Bruins than the Penguins. Maybe 'cuz ive seen a lot more Bruins games than Penguins games this year, but theBruins are definitely beatable.

Also, thank God I won't have to listen to the Bruins announcers do the games. They are some of the biggest homers out there.

Penguins announcers a close second.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not that it matters now, but I still disagree. I think the Isles mach up better with the Bruins than the Penguins. Maybe 'cuz ive seen a lot more Bruins games than Penguins games this year, but theBruins are definitely beatable.

Also, thank God I won't have to listen to the Bruins announcers do the games. They are some of the biggest homers out there.

Penguins announcers a close second.
    I agree with you, I think we would have had a much better shot against Boston, but that doesn't matter now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    I agree with you, I think we would have had a much better shot against Boston, but that doesn't matter now.
    As long as Fluery between the pipes for Pittsburgh, anybody has a shot. And don't think the Penguins don't know it.That's why they picked up Vocuun. learned their lesson last year vs Philly.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps not as tough as the Bruins, but I do worry about the Pens beating up on the Isles. Guys like Craig Adams, Matt Cooke, Tanner Glass, Igilna, Murray, Morrow etc. will surely be trying to knock around our top two lines. Okposo has the ability to play physical, but most of those guys are pretty dandy. Wouldn't it be nice to have a real power forward on the first line with JT and MM? Anders Lee next year?

Only line with grit is the Martin - Cizikas - McDonald line. And I wonder who gets the start for the last forward? Just saw that Reasoner's been skating between Martin and Zeek. As much as we all probably hate that move, I can see the rationale.

I just wish Reasoner had some other redeeming value besides "being good defensively" and "knowing how to lose a faceoff".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is to a good, but probably very short series guys. Good luck.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Re lineups once again, not sure why Ullstrom never got the chance to win back his previous spot. Jonnesu has been just OK and Lee has shown he hasn't been ready. I recognize the need to put Boulton in, when needed, but Ullstrom seems to have the higher upside of any of these guys in the short term.

Wouldn't have been terrible to get some real game time in over the past 3 games.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Watch it fukker....we steal one in your building, somehow and everyone in Western PA (who owns a TV) starts sh!tting themselves.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Either way, we'll always have this.

http://youtu.be/mi0-oCyYHVo