Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 957

Thread: New York Islanders - 2013

  1. #581
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,299
    Just re-watched the fight and they showed the hit on Moulson which confirms what we already know - Moulson is a big pvssy. I love what Okposo did, but don't think for a second it was a dirty or even particularly big hit. Moulson wasn't even blindsided but still went down like a bag of rocks.

  2. #582
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,470
    The bottom line is that was the most impressive Isles playoff win since the Toronto series a decade ago. Can't help but be impressed with the grit this team showed. They were much the best tonight and deserved the lucky bounce on the 4th goal. You felt that goal was coming. Alos have to love how they finished the game. Pittsburgh never had a scary scoring op in the last 5 minutes, even with the goalie pulled. Great night.

  3. #583
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,768
    Best of five.

    Lets have a good game Sunday afternoon!

  4. #584
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Is he an Isles fan? My son likes to break my balls every time the other team scores.
    Yeah we've talked about this...My kid is the only kid in his NYC public school who's an Isles fan. I suspect he'll get his ass kicked one day, but that's ok.

    You've gotta straighten out yer boy, muh-man. His anti Isles stance is unacceptable.

  5. #585
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,768
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Yeah we've talked about this...My kid is the only kid in his NYC public school who's an Isles fan. I suspect he'll get his ass kicked one day, but that's ok.

    You've gotta straighten out yer boy, muh-man. His anti Isles stance is unacceptable.
    You'll have to forgive me, my brain is mush. I don't remember what my wife said a mere 15 minutes ago. OK, all day really.

    I'll take my belt to the boy every time he disrespects the Isles. That oughta teach him.

    He's got skating lesson tomorrow morning. Every time he falls, I'll tell him 'That's because you disrespected the Isles.'

  6. #586
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North Massapequa, NY
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    You'll have to forgive me, my brain is mush. I don't remember what my wife said a mere 15 minutes ago. OK, all day really.

    I'll take my belt to the boy every time he disrespects the Isles. That oughta teach him.

    He's got skating lesson tomorrow morning. Every time he falls, I'll tell him 'That's because you disrespected the Isles.'
    Haha...going to the game Sat. F'ng psyched!!! LETS GO ISLANDERS!!

  7. #587
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,768
    Quote Originally Posted by jetscc26 View Post
    Haha...going to the game Sat. F'ng psyched!!! LETS GO ISLANDERS!!
    You will be disappoint.


    Game's on Sunday.



  8. #588
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    I'd be ok with pens killing the Isles in the first game, because the team that gets killed in the first game always seems to win the 2nd game.
    good call my friend

    oh wait, it was me - sorry

  9. #589
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    good call my friend

    oh wait, it was me - sorry
    OK, Carnac, who's going to win game 3?

  10. #590
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,768
    And in disgust I took off my jersey after being down 2-0. Isles out scored Pittsburg 4-1 after that.

    That jersey is cursed. Should be burned.

    Or given to Goodwill.

  11. #591
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,299
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Cappy hooked me up with the line-up. Ullstrom played great and Nabby played clutch at the end. Notice the lack of running the net with Carkner in there. Now just don't change the lines.

    I wish I still lived on the Island,,,,,,because no doubt I would be there sunday.

    Go ISLES
    Good call on the lineup - Ullstrom just solidified his spot on the ice, me thinks. He's strong and fast when he's focused, he's exactly what they needed.

    And how about Cappy finally mixing up the lines? It only took 50 games but Bailey and JT looked great. Probably should have dropped Boyes but u can't complain too much.

    And let's not forget the Isles best player.....
















    Marc Andre Fleury! Thanks for showing your true colors, pal!

  12. #592
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    5,049
    Great win. They showed a lot of heart after falling behind early to get back i n the game.

    And sometimes, you just have to let Fleury be Fleury.

  13. #593
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The swamp via LI
    Posts
    2,331
    Gotta give props to Cappy. Replacing Moulson with Baily was long overdue. That line has needed a shake-up in the worst way.

    And finally playing my boy Ullstrom. I don't know what he did earlier in the season to get put in the doghouse but this kid has such a well rounded game he needs too be a staple out there.

    Hopefully Cappy won't F*** it up. Just keep the exact same line-up sunday.

  14. #594
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,299

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Gotta give props to Cappy. Replacing Moulson with Baily was long overdue. That line has needed a shake-up in the worst way.

    And finally playing my boy Ullstrom. I don't know what he did earlier in the season to get put in the doghouse but this kid has such a well rounded game he needs too be a staple out there.

    Hopefully Cappy won't F*** it up. Just keep the exact same line-up sunday.
    I think he just needs confidence....hopefully last night gives him exactly that.

  15. #595
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,299
    Btw, I love the fact that there are almost 600 posts in this thread and about 115 in the Rags thread.

    Granted, it's the 6 of us micro analyzing totally inane parts if the game, but still....

  16. #596
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,768
    ^^ LOL. It's like 6 guys at a bar shooting the shlt while the game's on. There's a band over on one side, and a chick showing her tits at the pool table on the other side, but we're still talkin hockey.



    I hope Nabby has his head in the game tomorrow, and ain't some damned space cadet. I think what bothers me about Nabby is he isn't a goalie that will steal a W or two when the rest of the team sucks.

  17. #597
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    5,049
    I am just happy to have a place to come to talk Islander hockey. Living in the Chicago area, its all Blackhawks around here.

    Also great to see that the Isles are finally a team worth talking about again. Hopefully tomorrow they will play like they did in the 2nd and 3rd periods yesterday.

  18. #598
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,470
    It's funny because I'm so despondent about the Jets, with the exception of the draft, I have had zero interest in the Landing Strip.

    hFBoards have pretty robust team message boards but its sort of an insufferable place to post. It's cliquey and dooshy. Imagine if the Hampur solely focused on Islanders Hockey, and that's what it's like...

  19. #599
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, Tn via Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,298
    Pens in 6!

  20. #600
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    It's funny because I'm so despondent about the Jets, with the exception of the draft, I have had zero interest in the Landing Strip.

    hFBoards have pretty robust team message boards but its sort of an insufferable place to post. It's cliquey and dooshy. Imagine if the Hampur solely focused on Islanders Hockey, and that's what it's like...
    Hfboards is good for news, but the game day threads are worse than the landing strip times three. Never knew so many twelveteen year olds could congregate in one spot.


    And just noticed once the Hotties forum was closed, my posts went from 7000 to 920. What a waste!
    Last edited by Big L; 05-05-2013 at 01:30 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us