Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders - 2013

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I didn't think Nabby had a chance on the first 4 goals and I can't blame him on the power play game winner either. The defense let us down today, not the goalie, IMHO.

All Pro
    While I agree that I wouldn't necessarily call any of the goals soft, but if an 8 seed is going to beat the 1 seed, the goalie has to come up big and make some big saves, which I didn't think Nabby did. He made the routine saves, but not the saves you need to make to beat Pitt.

84% save percentage is not good enough.
    Last edited by Lithfan; 05-05-2013 at 08:58 PM.

Veteran
    NHL wants Crosby in the finals with the bogus calls today. Worst call was giving the Pens a 5-3 PP in the 1st period and calling a penalty in OT which was very borderline. As you can see the Isles have dominated play at even strength. Series is tied at 1 now. Refs-1 Isles-1 Pens-1

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jet-sec125 View Post
    NHL wants Crosby in the finals with the bogus calls today. Worst call was giving the Pens a 5-3 PP in the 1st period and calling a penalty in OT which was very borderline. As you can see the Isles have dominated play at even strength. Series is tied at 1 now. Refs-1 Isles-1 Pens-1
    This can't be real life. Please tell me you honestly don't believe this.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

The penalty on the 5-3 was definitely a penalty. It shouldn't have been one because there was no reason for Hamonic to hold him but t was most certainly a penalty. The OT one might have been a little questionable but the Dman was beat again by that outside move by Crosby. They need to move their feet better.

And does Cindy ever get hit? I swear I saw 5x where the Isles could have run him and it never materialized. Unlike Malkin who gets the sh!t kicked out of him every time he touches the puck.

What a shame they lost this game. They certainly played well enough to win.

And while I will agree that most of the goals Nabby's given up haven't technically been soft, he definitely hasn't been "standing on his head" either.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    The penalty on the 5-3 was definitely a penalty. It shouldn't have been one because there was no reason for Hamonic to hold him but t was most certainly a penalty. The OT one might have been a little questionable but the Dman was beat again by that outside move by Crosby. They need to move their feet better.

And does Cindy ever get hit? I swear I saw 5x where the Isles could have run him and it never materialized. Unlike Malkin who gets the sh!t kicked out of him every time he touches the puck.

What a shame they lost this game. They certainly played well enough to win.

And while I will agree that most of the goals Nabby's given up haven't technically been soft, he definitely hasn't been "standing on his head" either.
    Sadly, most teams that do any damage at all in the playoffs have a hot goalie. Isles, obviously, don't have that.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Sadly, most teams that do any damage at all in the playoffs have a hot goalie. Isles, obviously, don't have that.
    If thats the case, then we are both screwed.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    If thats the case, then we are both screwed.
    I think if Pittburg (now with no S) advances, they will have a tough time with Washington or Boston (assuming they advance, also). Holtby is playing lights out, and Bostons D is no joke which helps an already decent Rask.

All League
    I think if Pittburg (now with no S) advances, they will have a tough time with Washington or Boston (assuming they advance, also). Holtby is playing lights out, and Bostons D is no joke which helps an already decent Rask.
    If they go far enough, they may end up as the team with no name.lol

I think they would be in trouble with both teams if they advance. I think they would be more fired up to play the capitals then boston. However, Ovi could easily get to Fluery and it could be series over from the start.

I'm enjoying this series so far. The last two games have been great.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Goalies get hot at any given time and for no apparent reason. I'm still holding out hope that Nabby does his best Jonathan Quick imitiation soon. And Quick just chose a very opportune time to go on fire and now the Kings have two first rate goalies - hopefully one of them will be traded to the NYI.

All Pro
    Hey guys, in case you haven't noticed, there is still a series going on and if not for one freakin OT goal, the Isles could be ahead.

Enough of this talk about who Pittburg will play in Round 2 -- lets see if they advance first and then we can discuss a second round matchup.

Right now I am only thnking about getting this thing tied up on Tuesday night. I agree with the comments above, lets see if Nabby comes up with that Jonathon Quick imitation and we really put some pressure on the Pens in this series.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Hey guys, in case you haven't noticed, there is still a series going on and if not for one freakin OT goal, the Isles could be ahead.

Enough of this talk about who Pittburg will play in Round 2 -- lets see if they advance first and then we can discuss a second round matchup.

Right now I am only thnking about getting this thing tied up on Tuesday night. I agree with the comments above, lets see if Nabby comes up with that Jonathon Quick imitation and we really put some pressure on the Pens in this series.
    QFT

BTW - Why is the Hotties Forum closed? Did Borgo go out in a blaze of glory? And if so, I'm extremely upset if I missed it. He promised to PM me before attempting any creative destruction!

All League
    Calm down, little rascals. I don't think anyone in the posts above said "WHEN" Pittburg advances.

All Pro
    Calm down, little rascals. I don't think anyone in the posts above said "WHEN" Pittburg advances.
    Sorry, didn't mean to overreact.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Sorry, didn't mean to overreact.
    Ha, no, not a problem. I agree with your point, though.

Veteran
    Nabby does not need to stand on his head to win this series because of Fleury. Just stay out of penalty box and this should go 7.

All League
    When

To late?

Jets Insider VIP
    not to state the obvious but Game 4 at home is a MUST game for the Isles

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Nice recap from Grantland. I was expecting snark, but it's pretty accurate.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...ders-come-home

All League
    Nabby does not need to stand on his head to win this series because of Fleury. Just stay out of penalty box and this should go 7.
    Agreed, taking some bad penalties so far and Nabby has to work on his positioning... the 4th goal he let up he was out to far and lost where he was, I could have hit that corner of the net he left open