Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders - 2013

All Pro
    I have no idea what to expect tonight.

If the game is called closely as most of us expect, then they need to avoid any stupid penalties. Games they have lost are the games where they can't stay out of the box -- Pens PP is too potent.

Also, they can't count on anymore gifts from the other goalie. Even if Vokoun is not great, he is likely to be better than Fleury was.

7:00 can't come quickly enough.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    I sat right behind the Pens bench ..1st row which actually svcks unless you're standing up- but great view of that fight
    Agreed....I never buy seats in the 100s at the Coliseum (unless its the last row).

However, my eogr bought me seats to an Isle/Rags game once. My Bro-in-Law and I went to the game and we sat 1st row by the face off circle. We were exactly next to where Chris Simon hatcheted Ryan Hollweg in his head with his stick. Seemed like it happened in slow motion. You can see us on the video of that play.

Best seats at the Coliseum are in the 200s. Pretty much everything in the 300s (except for the last 2 rows) are decent to great as well.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Agreed....I never buy seats in the 100s at the Coliseum (unless its the last row).

However, my eogr bought me seats to an Isle/Rags game once. My Bro-in-Law and I went to the game and we sat 1st row by the face off circle. We were exactly next to where Chris Simon hatcheted Ryan Hollweg in his head with his stick. Seemed like it happened in slow motion. You can see us on the video of that play.

Best seats at the Coliseum are in the 200s. Pretty much everything in the 300s (except for the last 2 rows) are decent to great as well.
    Whats an eogr?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Whats an eogr?

That was supposed to read "wife"....looks like my fingers were one letter off on my keyboard.

Don't tell her, k? "eogr" does not look like a very pretty or flattering word.

All League

That was supposed to read "wife"....looks like my fingers were one letter off on my keyboard.

Don't tell her, k? "eogr" does not look like a very pretty or flattering word.
    You're right, Mrs. crasherino would not be happy.

"What was that? Did you say ogre?"

Hall Of Fame
    Ya know what, the fault for that scrum is 50/50. With a 2 goal lead, there's really no reason for Martin to be down there mixing it up with 2 seconds left.
    what exactly happened when two Penguins were trying to push Martin into the Penguins bench? he didn't even seem to fight back at all.

just saw it on highlights today at the gym and there was no audio. missed it live. what was that all about?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Let's Go Islanders....Vokoun tonight.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_w4MV_LwMw

All League
    Crankshaft!

All League
    FVCK
    YOU
    NABAKOV

All League
    Doing his best DP impression - weak ass high glove side

All Pro
    Difference in this game -- Vokoun bails out his D when Tavares beats them, but Nabby can't bail out his D after Crosby beats them.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Difference in this game -- Vokoun bails out his D when Tavares beats them, but Nabby can't bail out his D after Crosby beats them.
    Nope.

A fvcking shame the team is playing balls to the wall and Nabby can't stop shlt when it counts.

Again, fvck you Nabakov. Eat a bag of dicks.

I'm done with this clown. It's official.

All Pro
    Nope.

A fvcking shame the team is playing balls to the wall and Nabby can't stop shlt when it counts.

Again, fvck you Nabakov. Eat a bag of dicks.

I'm done with this clown. It's official.
    No doubt in my mind as I saw Crosby beating the D that he was gonna score.

All League
    Sometimes that's gonna happen, but trickling up in the air off your dumb self and in to the net is 110 fvcking percent unacceptable.

Penguins are lucky - they can take a clown out of the net and replace with someone halfway decent. Isles can't take Nabbyclown out.

Although they should - nothing to lose now.

Hall Of Fame
    Isles weathered the storm nicely in 1st, but totally outclassed in the 2nd. Media will make a big deal out of Voukin, but Isles are getting very few quality shots.

Oh well, if you told me at the beginning of the series Isles would be alive in Game 6 and needed a home win for game 7, I'd have taken it.

If it becomes 4-0, give Naby a breather.

All League
    It seems like Nabby is draining the life out of the team. No matter how hard they work.. he will always give one up.

All Pro
    It seems like Nabby is draining the life out of the team. No matter how hard they work.. he will always give one up.
    I don't know about the team, but he drained the life out of me during the last 20 minutes.

They gotta get a quick one in the third to try to get back in this one.

All League
    Yeah, real disappointing. Nabby has just really been downright bad this series. He's been covered up by the worse play of Fleury.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Tonight doesn't seem to be their night, unfortunately. But as we've said in this thread, they all count the same.....1 goal in OT or 5-0.

Lets see them make it hurt though.

All Pro
    How many PP goals does Pitt have when in the first few seconds of a PP. that has to be at least 3 or 4 this series.