Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders - 2013

Veteran
    ^
    Agree. Snow has picked up these waiver guys and a few have made him look good. They have a lot good prospects that may be good in a couple of years as well..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

All League
    So does Brodeur start in net tomorrow?

And a nice post by a rangers fan, morite. Cool to see we can have a rational hockey discussion!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Took the sopne to the game yesterday on a last minute audible. Only stayed two periods so we can get back for the Super Bowl - just as well.

A side benefit of the Islanders sucking is that you can get to the game 10 min before the puck drops and pick up tix on the the blue line in the 200s for about 1/3 of face value - paid $60 each. If anyone needs a Isles tix source, pm me - found a guy who somehow controls a huge block of seats at the Coliseum.

My 5 yr old doesn't realize how good he has it when we grab those seats or last min club seats at Met Life for under half price. On the flip side, he roots for crap teams. That part I think he gets.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post

My 5 yr old doesn't realize how good he has it when we grab those seats or last min club seats at Met Life for under half price. On the flip side, he roots for crap teams. That part I think he gets.
    My son seems to root for the opposite team I root for.

Not sure if I should be sad, or absolutely thrilled!

Maybe the isles can get back on track tonight. Pretty lame effort on Sunday. Bad penalty call at the end, too, but what can you do.

All League
    One of the top scoring teams in the league up to two games ago, and now can't score a single goal.

And BTW, Penguins announcers are some of the biggest homers I've ever had to listen to. More than the Bruins announcers. Earlier said Crosby and Malkin are two of the greatest players in the world. When Crosby took the puck to the face, first reaction was it was an islanders stick, and then when the crowd was jeering Cindy flopping like a house of cards, they go 'not sure why anyone would cheer that'. Obviously, cause Cindy has never taken a dive in his career....

Jesus, 0 for 7 on the PP last game, 0 for 5 midway thru the second this game. What the hell has happened?

Now 0 for 6, and down 2-0.

Nabokov isn't the answer in net, either. Should only play every other game. Dude looks tired. DP plaing the other games would be just as bad.
    Last edited by Big L; 02-05-2013 at 08:30 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Yeah, frustrating to watch tonight. Nabby gave up one complete softy and it cost us the game.

It seems they were better off on the road. Maybe they have gotten too comfortable sleeping in their own beds.

In this shortened season you just can't afford to go two games without collecting 1 point - especially at home.

This is the same Islander team for the last 10-12 years....can't score !!!...I don't mind the losing...as long as you make those top 5 draft picks year after year pay off...and clearly they haven't...wasted all these picks on the likes of Okposo....Bailey etc...very much like the Jets...no true talent evaluator in the building...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Yeah, frustrating to watch tonight. Nabby gave up one complete softy and it cost us the game.

It seems they were better off on the road. Maybe they have gotten too comfortable sleeping in their own beds.

In this shortened season you just can't afford to go two games without collecting 1 point - especially at home.
    Yep.

On the bright side, all is apparently right in the universe. The Jets suck, and the Isles are drifting back to the bottom of the Atlantic.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cooler King View Post
    This is the same Islander team for the last 10-12 years....can't score !!!...I don't mind the losing...as long as you make those top 5 draft picks year after year pay off...and clearly they haven't...wasted all these picks on the likes of Okposo....Bailey etc...very much like the Jets...no true talent evaluator in the building...
    I liked Okposo, too. Now he looks slow out there, and can't find the back of the net worth a shlt. No goals yet this year, correct?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Yep.

On the bright side, all is apparently right in the universe. The Jets suck, and the Isles are drifting back to the bottom of the Atlantic.
    I'm not ready to panic yet. Pens and Devs are the class of the conference.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I'm not ready to panic yet. Pens and Devs are the class of the conference.
    Fair enough, but we need at least a point tonight.

All Pro
    They just got Tim Thomas to get to the salary floor (and gave the best team in the NHL 5 mill in cap space).

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    They just got Tim Thomas to get to the salary floor (and gave the best team in the NHL 5 mill in cap space).
    Ha, another old goalie that doesn't even want to play this year.

The two goals Nabby let up so far tonight looked a little weak, yes?

Isles heading for another losing season..no playoffs... yet another top 5 draft pick who will either be a goalie or another stiff who can't score...Hey Brooklyn..have fun with this bunch !!

All League
    The annual slump has begun. Another 3 or 4 L's to go in this shortened season before they'll win one.

0fer on the PP again. And let up a PP goal to the leagues worst PP.

I'd like to see coach show a little fire. Always looks like he's just standing around. Get fired up, get pissed, yell at these fvckers to get their heads out of their asses.

I find it a little curious that they played their best hockey when Capuano WASN'T there...maybe Weight lights a fire under them ??!!

All League
    Surprised how passive Capuano is.

One of the lamest efforts by an isles team vs the rangers I've seen in a while.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I was okay with the loss, still not panicking, but this Tim Thomas trade infuriates me.

All League
    I was okay with the loss, still not panicking, but this Tim Thomas trade infuriates me.
    I don't get the trade at all. Can someone explain the positives to me?

All League
    Snooze.....

Annual 8-10 game losing streak has a firm grip.