Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders - 2013

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I hope someone remembers to bring a proper sledge hammer. People looked kind of silly hitting the car with the starter sledge...
    Did they show that on TV? We walked by there to see what was going on and it was really embarrassing. A big dude picked up this tiny rubber sledge and barely chipped the paint on it. And that was it. I expected to see 100s of guys with face paint wailing away on a car, smashing it to pieces. Instead, there was no one around. The car looked to be in decent shape, actually.

I was going to mention it as an option in Fish's car thread, but no one takes my car advice seriously anymore.

All League
    Thougts on tonights game?

Looks like AMac is out. Martinek or Hickey will take his place.

Man I sure hope Nabby has his jitters or psychosis or whatever-the-fvck-his-problem-is out of his head.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    It's the whole series here I think.

Let's Go Islanders.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Thursdays game is at 7pm. Have they announced Saturdays game time yet? NHL.com has TBD.
    High noon?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    It's the whole series here I think.

Let's Go Islanders.
    I agree. Especially for the Islanders. I can't see them winning a Game 7 in Pittsburgh.

That said, I thought the same in 1993.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I agree. Especially for the Islanders. I can't see them winning a Game 7 in Pittsburgh.

This game will be telling. Are the Isles just a nice little story who put a few strong games together but were unable to play at that level for any real length of time or are they truly a team that can play at the speed we've seen along with the ability to bring the body when needed.

I don't think this is 100% the series, but, at minimum, I would like to see them stay with the Penguins for 60 minutes. If it ends up being a 4-1 game with the Isles doing a lot of chasing, that might be it.

I dont' think Cappy made an announcement officially (and if I were him, I wouldn't announce anything), but it seems like he was leaning towards Radek as of yesterday. Can't really argue with either choice. On one hand, Hickey played pretty well the second half of the season. OTOH, he got pretty manhandled by the Pens in Gm 1. But I'm not sure its fair to judge anyone by what happened in Gm 1.

Jets Insider VIP

Yeah, I meant only for the Islanders. Are you down in the Boro, or did not you move?

Hall Of Fame

this team always plays best when they appear to be dead. I wouldn't be that shocked if they won tonight, then lost at Nassau, then took Game 7.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

D'ya think the Isles will have David Volek drop the ceremonial first puck on Saturday?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    D'ya think the Isles will have David Volek drop the ceremonial first puck on Saturday?
    That's a great idea! Him or Ray Ferraro would be extraordinary.

Or how about Kasperitis!?!?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Yeah, I meant only for the Islanders. Are you down in the Boro, or did not you move?
    Still in the Boro. Don't see us moving in the foreseeable future.

Jets Insider VIP
    Still in the Boro. Don't see us moving in the foreseeable future.
    I didn't know you actually moved here, good.

All League
    Thougts on tonights game?

Looks like AMac is out. Martinek or Hickey will take his place.

Man I sure hope Nabby has his jitters or psychosis or whatever-the-fvck-his-problem-is out of his head.
    It's gonna be a blood bath!!!!

I would expect pretty much the same type of game as the last 2.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post

Could go either way. I think a goalie change has the Penguins a little worried in the back of their heads. If the Isles can score a couple quick ones, the seeds of doubt grow even larger.

All League
    Could go either way. I think a goalie change has the Penguins a little worried in the back of their heads. If the Isles can score a couple quick ones, the seeds of doubt grow even larger.
    There is no doubt in my mind that they are worried. I think that's why they gooned it up at the end of last game. I think the isles have the upper hand. They really don't have that much pressure on them. They were expected to lose and Pitt was expected to dominate With all that fire power that they have. I would be curious to see what happens to bylsma if the lens lose this series.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Agree. Nothing would surprise me. I can easily see a repeat of Game 1. Pens come out flying and bury us, especially if the power plays add up.

But, the Pens could be very tight and all the pressure really is on them. This series was suppose to be over already.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I agree, which is why I think Carkner needs to be in tonight. Losing AMac decreases the margin of error the Isles have for a Dman that plays 8 minutes, but I still think they need to have Cark available.

I'm following Staple's chat right now and he's guessing that the D pairings will be as follows:

Strait-Hamonic
    Visnovsky-Hickey
    Streit-Martinek

That is two insanely meek D pairings if this turns out to be the case. I'd almost rather not dress Aucoin and dress 7 Dmen and have some of the forwards do double duty. I don't dislike Aucoin, but the touch paper could be lit at any moment in this series and I'd rather be prepared.

Casey C. has played 10, 7, 12 minutes over the past 3 games. Get his ice time up to 15 minutes, get Ullstrom on the ice a bit more and have Carkner mix it up with Adams, Cooke, Morrow or whomever he can get to drop the gloves. Its more than worth the trade off.

Edit to add - that doesn't make much sense in so far as we need Centers for the bottom two lines.

Martin - Aucoin - Grabner
    Ullstrom - Cizikas - McDonald

Franz and Casey split 3rd line Center duties? Practically our whole first two lines are Centers, but I don't think any of the wingers on the bottom two play C also.
    Last edited by crasherino; 05-09-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Hall Of Fame

and will be called very closely in the beginning to set the tone.

let the Penguins go to the penalty box in the first ten minutes even if it means getting knocked around a bit.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    and will be called very closely in the beginning to set the tone.

let the Penguins go to the penalty box in the first ten minutes even if it means getting knocked around a bit.
    Which means if an Islander skates by Cindy and the breeze ruffles his jersey, it'll be 2 minutes in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by matt robinson 17 View Post
    Loved when Martin wouldn't let that dick Cooke on his bench
    I sat right behind the Pens bench ..1st row which actually svcks unless you're standing up- but great view of that fight