Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Better pick of him. LOL
    http://instagram.com/p/bM9RJpkw5r/
    later in round 4....... the phone rings in the Stokes household

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    3rd round pick is 5'7 150 lbs

I thought you were kidding with the picture. I know people say "he looks like he's 12" when they see some of these kids gets drafted, but that kid literally looks as if he has not finished puberty.

All League
    later in round 4....... the phone rings in the Stokes household
    If only he was holding a thimble of wine

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

And the Isles are finally saying goodbye to Ricky. I hope this means that they will be spending some money as they now don't have his contract to help them get to the cap floor.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    And the Isles are finally saying goodbye to Ricky. I hope this means that they will be spending some money as they now don't have his contract to help them get to the cap floor.
    Curious to see what they will do in free agency in a few days. The DiPietro situation was really a no-brainer -- kind of what the compliance buyout was created for.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Curious to see what they will do in free agency in a few days. The DiPietro situation was really a no-brainer -- kind of what the compliance buyout was created for.
    It was a no-brainer for every other team...but with Wang, ya never know if he wanted to still keep the cap hit of his contract. Glad to see we've finally moved on.

I still don't think the Isles are forced to make a move to get to the floor as they still have Hamonic's contract to dole out - Bailey's as well (although I don't think he'll get as much as Hamo). But, I really hope they make a move or 3. Even if it means overpaying, the ideal moves would be:

1. Horton
    2. Scuderi (I'll taken Hainsey as an alternative)
    3. Goalie - Khodobin?

Horton will take some real cheddar, but considering how cheap JT is, the fact that Moulson will probably be off the books next year and no one else is really in line for huge bucks, its worth overpaying for him. He would fit perfectly on JT's Right Wing.

Hall Of Fame
    the fact that Moulson will probably be off the books next year
    what do you mean by this?

Hall Of Fame
    or Tim Thomas I believe.

I remember DP's play before injuring himself in the All-Star game, he was phenominal and carried the team. That showed what kind of skills he had.
    His stay here was really tragic, still I hope he comes back to the coliseum in some capacity so the fans can (hopefully) give him an ovation. He's a good guy.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

what do you mean by this?
    His contract is up after this year and he's probably going to want big(ger) dollars than what he's making now. I don't blame him - probably his one chance to cash in. But, I sure as sh!t hope the Islanders aren't that team. They really don't need to pay $4m+ for a soft, 1 way winger who avoids contact at all costs. You can't discount 30 goals no matter what the situation, but having JT as a Center helps tremendously.

I think I could score a few goals playing on Tavares' wing. Hopefully Bailey sticks on the 1st line come September and then it will be much more palatable to get rid of Moulson as it won't be breaking up good friends AND linemates. And hopefully bringing in JT's ol pal Cal will mollify him enough that he won't mind when they get rid of his new BFF.

Hall Of Fame
    His contract is up after this year and he's probably going to want big(ger) dollars than what he's making now. I don't blame him - probably his one chance to cash in. But, I sure as sh!t hope the Islanders aren't that team. They really don't need to pay $4m+ for a soft, 1 way winger who avoids contact at all costs. You can't discount 30 goals no matter what the situation, but having JT as a Center helps tremendously.

I think I could score a few goals playing on Tavares' wing. Hopefully Bailey sticks on the 1st line come September and then it will be much more palatable to get rid of Moulson as it won't be breaking up good friends AND linemates. And hopefully bringing in JT's ol pal Cal will mollify him enough that he won't mind when they get rid of his new BFF.
    I thought Moulson was going to leave before this contract, but he seems to really like the team. I'd hate to see him go. And we need to keep JT happy.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I thought Moulson was going to leave before this contract, but he seems to really like the team. I'd hate to see him go. And we need to keep JT happy.
    He's a nice story but he's far too one dimensional to give a substantial contract to. The guy does not do any of the dirty work and plays no defense.

Combined with Boyes on the other wing, its amazing JT had as good a year as he did. Hopefully the Isles pick up something decent on RW and keep Bailey on LW - I would love to see what JT can do with someone else digging the puck out of the corners for once.

Moulson does have good hands, though - I'll certainly give him that.

Hall Of Fame
    He's a nice story but he's far too one dimensional to give a substantial contract to. The guy does not do any of the dirty work and plays no defense.

Combined with Boyes on the other wing, its amazing JT had as good a year as he did. Hopefully the Isles pick up something decent on RW and keep Bailey on LW - I would love to see what JT can do with someone else digging the puck out of the corners for once.

Moulson does have good hands, though - I'll certainly give him that.
    What is the story with Tim Thomas? Do Islanders own his rights?

All Pro
    What is the story with Tim Thomas? Do Islanders own his rights?
    I think he is an unrestricted free agent. Isles acquired the last year of his contract to get to salary cap floor, but I am pretty sure Isles no longer own his rights.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    I think he is an unrestricted free agent. Isles acquired the last year of his contract to get to salary cap floor, but I am pretty sure Isles no longer own his rights.
    Can't the Isles toll his contract?

All Pro
    It was reported yesterday that the Isles would not toll his contract:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...e-agent-friday

Islanders won’t toll Thomas’ contract, will be a free agent Friday
    Joe Yerdon
    Jul 2, 2013, 10:46 AM EDT
    22 Comments AP
    With the announcement yesterday that Tim Thomas would be looking for a place to play when free agency opens on Friday, some wondered whether or not the Islanders would let him go.

Since he stayed away for the full season, even after being dealt to Long Island, the team could’ve decided to toll his contract and keep him an Islander this season. Both Arthur Staple of Newsday and Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos confirm the team will do no such thing and let him go to market.

If this sounds like a familiar situation for the GM Garth Snow and the Isles, it is.

When they acquired Evgeni Nabokov off re-entry waivers two seasons ago, he too refused to report and the team tolled his contract locking him into playing there the following season. It turned out to be a mutually beneficial arrangement as Nabokov wound up signing another deal with the team and led them to the playoffs this season.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I don't think they had any interest. It would mean giving up a 2nd rounder and Thomas is a real big mouth and didn't really want to play here. Plus, he's 39 or so.

The move was fully salary cap-related

All Pro
    Looks like Nabakov will be back for another year:

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 8m
    With Ray Emery gone before #Isles had a chance to make an offer, team felt Nabokov was best short-term option available.

Still hoping they sign a young goalie to take the load off of Nabby this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Hamonic signs 7 year deal at what I consider a steal for the Isles.

Once players get here, they want to stay

Really great news imo

All League
    Hamonic signs 7 year deal at what I consider a steal for the Isles.

Once players get here, they want to stay

Really great news imo
    Wow. What a steal for the Isles by locking him up for so long that he will lose some of the years when he could have been an UFA. He started out rough earlier in the year but I blame that on his ankle/concussion problems. Great finish to the year and earned every cent of that contract.
    Now when they team him up with another great(hopefully)pairing (e.g. not Amac) in the future and he will shine. Love it and hope he dons the "A" this year.
    Unfortunately the rest of the free agent signings have been nothing but unimpressive. A bunch of ham and eggers for forwards. I really don't see the need for either of them. And giving PMB 2 mil is just a waste. I hope they don't want him on the first line. All JT's line needs is another wussie who can't dig a puck out of the boards or play any type of a physical game.

Edit: Unlike most I like the Nabby resigning, but unfortunately with that contract he is entrenched as the starter. Really would like too see him as the 1b. Oh well, the training camp fight now is between Poulin and Nillson and I'm hoping Poulin loses for the B/U position.