Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders - 2013

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Great point and as brutal as it was watching the rags win in a SO, the way they played tonight, they deserved too win that one outright. I hate saying that but they outplayed the Leafs by a wide margin.
    Right now I'd be happier with the Isles having any seed and the Rags being out of it. With all of those lost years any seed is fine with me.
    Our team just needs to taste the playoffs this year. We have no chance of winning the Cup, but finally the young guns will get to play real hockey which will go a long way towards building for the future. And lets face it, this team is being built too compete when they hit Brooklyn.
    Any thoughts here on Strome being brought up? I'll go record that if we are in the run, he will be on the island.
    Guy has been tearing it up at the Bridge, especially on the point for the PP and might be able to slot on the wing next to JT. Wishful thinking on my part?
    Give strome a little time. If anyone comes up - and not sure they should, it shouldbe Brock Nelson....or even nino. But, I'd rather keep those guys in BP and let them play. For now, I'd rather dance with those that brought us.
    Last edited by crasherino; 04-11-2013 at 07:18 AM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Not really. Shoot out win doesn't count as a ROW, which means the Islanders currently hold the tie breaker.

Most important game tonight went our way. Devs lost in regulation and ended up pushing tomorrow night's opponent. I assume the Isles are waitibg for them in Boston.
    Two points for the rags puts us even, one point for the Leafs puts them further ahead.

Ok, only thing worse would have been a rags win in OT. I stand corrected.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Not really. Shoot out win doesn't count as a ROW, which means the Islanders currently hold the tie breaker.

Most important game tonight went our way. Devs lost in regulation and ended up pushing tomorrow night's opponent. I assume the Isles are waitibg for them in Boston.
    And Bergeron and Marchand are probably out. Those are big losses for them.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    And Bergeron and Marchand are probably out. Those are big losses for them.
    Still a big game tonight.

A barometer.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Still a big game tonight.

A barometer.
    If Naby plays and the Isles fall back by two early - I'd rest him.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    If Naby plays and the Isles fall back by two early - I'd rest him.
    I don't see how Nabby doesn't play. Three way tie for the last three spots, with 9th place VERY close behind. Even one point would be considered good. Poulin is almost a zero point bet.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Two points for the rags puts us even, one point for the Leafs puts them further ahead.

Ok, only thing worse would have been a rags win in OT. I stand corrected.
    I think it is a bit premature to be worrying about the 5 seed. I could care less what Toronto does. That point is inconsequential.

All League
    I think it is a bit premature to be worrying about the 5 seed. I could care less what Toronto does. That point is inconsequential.
    Certainly. Pretty much my point. Would have been best if Toronto got 2 and NYR got zero. Instead, we got almost the worst case opposite.

But anyway.

Tough game tonight. Boston has a lot to play for. Win or lose, this should be a good gauge of the Isles.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Certainly. Pretty much my point. Would have been best if Toronto got 2 and NYR got zero. Instead, we got almost the worst case opposite.

But anyway.

Tough game tonight. Boston has a lot to play for. Win or lose, this should be a good gauge of the Isles.
    Sorry, I thought you said that because it was a three point game. The NHL point and tie-breaker rules are pretty ridiculous with ROWs and SOWs. They should just hit the reset button and adapt something similar to soccer.

Regulation Win: 3 points
    OT/SO Win: 2 points
    OT/SO Loss: 1 point
    Regulation Loss: 0 points

And speaking of soccer - or at least European soccer, Saturday will be quite the Derby in Uniondale.

As for tonight, if they pull out a win, we go from thinking they're for real to knowing they are.

All League
    Sorry, I thought you said that because it was a three point game. The NHL point and tie-breaker rules are pretty ridiculous with ROWs and SOWs. They should just hit the reset button and adapt something similar to soccer.

Regulation Win: 3 points
    OT/SO Win: 2 points
    OT/SO Loss: 1 point
    Regulation Loss: 0 points

And speaking of soccer - or at least European soccer, Saturday will be quite the Derby in Uniondale.

As for tonight, if they pull out a win, we go from thinking they're for real to knowing they are.
    I think they should play 10 minutes of sudden death 4 on 4 OT. No one wins, then it's a tie. Win - 2 pts. Tie - 1 pt. each. Loss or loss in OT - 0 pts.

Should be an interesting next two games. Win both, think they're for real. Lose both, back to the crapper!

All League
    Isles weathered the storm in the first, played well in the second. Bailey just scored his second tonight.

C'mon hat trick!

Hall Of Fame
    Isles weathered the storm in the first, played well in the second. Bailey just scored his second tonight.

C'mon hat trick!
    Best Isles game I've seen in several years. They could have easily had five or six goals.

Veteran
    Saturday is going to be insane I just wish I was back on the island so I could be there.
    Overall great game by Nabby, and even one of my most hated Isles, Amac played well.
    Thank god hammer was OK after that fall.....Damn was I worried.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

For real.

All League
    Isles played a solid game. Passes were on target, got back defensively, limited Boston's opportunities, and great goaltending again. That's part of what was missing earlier this season - great, or even average, goaltending. Way to go, Nabby. Keep it up. Big game Saturday.

All League
    For real.
    The best word I can think of is solid. Very businessman like. They didn't get nervous or jumpy, just cool, calm, and collected. Great game.

Only knock I would say is the top line. Tavares gets a pass, but Moulson needs to bury his chances. My God, what does he need, a tennis racket on the end if his stick? Ever notice he always looks like he's been up for 4 days straight? Haha
    Last edited by Big L; 04-11-2013 at 09:55 PM.

Veteran
    The best word I can think of is solid. Very businessman like. They didn't get nervous or jumpy, just cool, calm, and collected. Great game.

Only knock I would say is the top line. Tavares gets a pass, but Moulson needs to bury his chances. My God, what does he need, a tennis racket on the end if his stick? Ever notice he always looks like he's been up for 4 days straight? Haha
    I'll agree and disagree. I think the first line played great tonight, as they generated a ton of chances. Unfortunately all of the chances can't be buried on a regular basis by any team.
    But that first line despite their good play tonight needs a shake-up. Maybe Moulson comes off next year, but Boyes needs to go right now.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I will say this, and this is a rare thing I think for followers for pro sports these days... but as someone who had ticket packages for the Isles in the Okposo and Bailey rookie seasons, I feel a different type of joy seeing how this team is coming together. I am genuinely ecstatic to see these kids emerge (especially Baily and Okposo) as they have. It's like a college team, if that makes sense.

As for tonight. Rask was amazing between the pipes. And they are such a physical team, put them down as someone I'd rather not play in the first round.

One question: How was Streit having his eye almost taken out not a 4 minute high sticking penalty?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I'm in the dark recesses of Texas right now for a work conference. I stepped away for a minute to check the score and let out a bit of a "whoop" when I saw they won. I somehow got unto a hockey conversation with some Canes fan from Raleigh. In my excitement, I ay have oversold this team a bit with my exuberance. But beating the B's in Bahstan is no small feat. And from what you gents are saying, it sounds like they deserved.

Well done boys!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    but Boyes needs to go right now.
    they were having an incredible shift util his penalty, which gave up the score