Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 957

Thread: New York Islanders - 2013

  1. #1
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,475

    Thumbs up New York Islanders - 2013

    Have to be happy with the start. Tough opener vs NJ, but two regulation wins since for the 2-1 start.

    Let's see if they can keep it up, but very encouraging to see.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,194
    All I care about is them being competitive. This is a big 5 game swing and will be interesting to see if DP plays tomorrow night.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

  3. #3
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,475
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    All I care about is them being competitive. This is a big 5 game swing and will be interesting to see if DP plays tomorrow night.
    I'm sure he will.

    Win or lose, he'll sustain an injury that puts him on the shelf for at least a month.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,194
    LOL and the DP saga continues.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,104
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    LOL and the DP saga continues.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    DP looked decent

    so far 1-1-1 on the five game trip. i'd actually settle for 2-2-1.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    DP looked decent

    so far 1-1-1 on the five game trip. i'd actually settle for 2-2-1.
    He definitely did not have his traits but who knows if he ever gets his quickness back?

    I'm not familiar with the amnesty clause, are you surprised it wasn't used with him?

    Anyway, at least they are scoring right now even though they can't close out games yet..

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

  7. #7
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,475
    IMPRESSIVE night in Pittsburgh.

    Thursday night at the Pru Center sets up as battle for first in the Atlantic division.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,194
    The first 5 minutes or so the Isles looked scared and thought this was going to be a rough night but they suddenly started to play. It's good when the opposition doesn't beat you when they aren't bringing their A-game.

    Okposo needs to finish his plays consistently. I mean he was probably rushed up but he's been in the league already!

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,781
    Great win last night. Good to see them finally not let up in the third period for once. Hopefully they can keep it up. Big game Thursday, one they should have a good shot at winning, as opposed to previous years when you'd look at the next game coming up and say "Oh, the Devils. Chalk that one up as an L."

    Nice to be optimistic about this team for once, because it hasn't happened in a long time.

    Of course, by me posting this, the annual early-to-mid season slide will happen any time now!

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,781
    Nice OT win. Playing good O, and pretty good D, even though 4 goals allowed.

    Great two points.

  11. #11
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Great win last night. Good to see them finally not let up in the third period for once. Hopefully they can keep it up. Big game Thursday, one they should have a good shot at winning, as opposed to previous years when you'd look at the next game coming up and say "Oh, the Devils. Chalk that one up as an L."

    Nice to be optimistic about this team for once, because it hasn't happened in a long time.

    Of course, by me posting this, the annual early-to-mid season slide will happen any time now!
    Great win by the Isles tonight. Nice to see them kill that penalty at the end of the game and take advantage of their own power play.

    Back to back wins against the Pens and Devils - not too shabby.

  12. #12
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,475
    3-1-1 road trip. Could not have asked for better, despite the blown point in Winnipeg...

    PS: What did the Devils do to Deb Kaufman? Yikes.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,781
    ^^ good thing Center Ice cuts the feed right after the OT goal, then.

    Flip to NHL Tonight, blonde is easy on the eyes.

  14. #14
    Nice win for you guys, it was an exciting, back and forth game. Isles are playing some good hockey. Grabner and Tavares are great, I can see this team being very good in the near future. I can't believe Tavares didn't get muscled off that puck by Salvador on his goal, that was impressive. He seems to have made great strides with his strength on the puck and on his skates.

  15. #15
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    5
    A very nice Road Trip for the Isles. Now to keep it going! Heading to the Sunday game with the Kids. Lots of hard workers on the team which is good.
    Go Isles!

    S

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,194
    Last night's game has to be a confidence booster. Enjoying the isles again for a change..

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

  17. #17
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,309
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Nice win for you guys, it was an exciting, back and forth game. Isles are playing some good hockey. Grabner and Tavares are great, I can see this team being very good in the near future. I can't believe Tavares didn't get muscled off that puck by Salvador on his goal, that was impressive. He seems to have made great strides with his strength on the puck and on his skates.
    Tavares has always been incrediblely strong on the puck. Considering how young he is and the probability that he will only get stronger, its pretty amazing.

    If a couple of the young guys can continue producing on the offensive side, this team could be very dangerous. Would love to see Ullstrom continue his strong play. Also nice to Cizikas get his first goal - he seems like a high energy grinder.

    Does anyone know the down low on Neiderreiter? What's his problem?

  18. #18
    I'm a huge Rangers fan, but I always have kept close to what the Islanders have been up to...the last few years they've been doing a great job of picking up some very good young talent...and now you are not only continuing to see the effort on the ice and improvement, but the results are starting to come (goals, wins, etc).

    They may catch lightning in a bottle this year due to the shortened season, but if they can continue to develop, watch out for them over the next fews seasons. By the time they get to Brooklyn, they'll be making a big push for the big prize. Sucks for Long Island, though...

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    3-1-1 road trip. Could not have asked for better, despite the blown point in Winnipeg...

    PS: What did the Devils do to Deb Kaufman? Yikes.
    She went from looking like a man years back to getting a makeover and looking much better, more feminine, etc., to looking like an older, more tired man again.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,104
    Considering no FA's want to play for the Isles, Snow has made some great pick ups, especially Moulson and Grabner.

    So pleasantly surprised when Moulson signed a three year extension.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us